What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Paullyboy

Coach
It's easy to say that now, but Quinn could have been great at the Vikings, some players just falter in certain systems and thrive in others. I'd still rather the Vikings didn't have Brett Favre.

Jono078

Referee
It's easy to say that now, but Quinn could have been great at the Vikings, some players just falter in certain systems and thrive in others. I'd still rather the Vikings didn't have Brett Favre.

Why? I've loved this season immensly. Glad Favre came in a d was able to do what he did.

abpanther

Staff member
Let's not forget guys that it looks like all free agents will be RFAs if no agreement is reached (which looks likely)

Paullyboy

Coach
Why? I've loved this season immensly. Glad Favre came in a d was able to do what he did.

Because I dont like Brett Favre.

I support a team because they are my team, not because they win (hence why I'm still a Canberra Raiders fan). I'd rather it still feel like my team even if it meant being a mid-table team with a smaller chance of success than it feel like I'm supporting the Packers in a different uniform just because our chance of success temporarily increases. (I know it's only one position, but Favre is and always will be, the Packers to me).

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Eagles have added former Bills coach Dick Jauron as DB's coach. Say what you will about his head coaching but the guy is pretty handy with DB's. And clearly the Eagles need help given the trouble they had in the secondary this year. I think its a great hire.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Eagles have added former Bills coach Dick Jauron as DB's coach. Say what you will about his head coaching but the guy is pretty handy with DB's. And clearly the Eagles need help given the trouble they had in the secondary this year. I think its a great hire.

:lol:

when you draftabout 20 DB'S in the space of 3 years then you're bound to hit a couple of starters :lol:

he's crap, the michael Hagan of the NFL

Big Tim

First Grade
Redskins sign LB Chris Draft.

Looks like we are adding LB's for our 3-4 D.

I was going to make a thread for this, but didnt want to upset the cowgirls :)

Big Mick

Referee
Potentially by tomorrow a deal to be done between Baltimore and Buffalo for Jared Gaither for a 2011 Second Round pick.

IMO That would be awesome.

It'd be putting the pieces in place then

Meredith, Bell and Wang can fight out the RT position.

Our interior is set with Levitre, Hangartner, Wood - 3 really good blockers. If we get Gaither and put Bell at RT we'd be ok with our O-Line then. They would all be 23-25 years of age except for Hang...so we can build a chemistry with them.

Then with Evans, Easley, Hardy and Johnson the 4 good solid receivers.

3 solid RB's and a good pass catching TE in Nelson.

Now all we need is a good QB to get in the first round of next year's draft...Anyone of Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker or Andrew Luck would do me just fine thanks!

DC_fan

Coach
New Orleans have agreed to trade offensive tackle Jammal Brown to Washington.

The trade involves Washington giving up its third and fourth round draft picks in 2011 in return for Brown and a later round pick from New Orleans.

Big Tim

First Grade
New Orleans have agreed to trade offensive tackle Jammal Brown to Washington.

The trade involves Washington giving up its third and fourth round draft picks in 2011 in return for Brown and a later round pick from New Orleans.

Not exactly the way I understand it. What we give up is dependant on the conditional picks for McNabb.

Shanny swindles agan.

Big Tim

First Grade
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5306133

"After Saturday's trade for Brown, Washington will be without its third- and fourth-round picks in 2011, but it also will be getting back a later pick from New Orleans, according to a league source.

Washington owes the Eagles a third- or fourth-round pick in 2011 for McNabb, based on how the quarterback plays or the team performs. If the Redskins win nine games, or go to the playoffs, or McNabb gets selected to the Pro Bowl, then Philadelphia will receive Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans will get Washington's fourth. If none of those happen, then the Eagles will get the Redskins' fourth-round pick and the Saints will get the Redskins' third-round pick.

If the Saints recieve Washington's fourth-round pick, then the Redskins will get a sixth- or seventh-round pick back from the Saints. However, if Washington's fourth-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins get fifth-round pick from New Orleans.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft."THANK YOU SHANNY!!!
Now we have a real QB..Go McNabb!!!

Big Mick

Referee
FFS Buffalo. Why? seriously.

Why not go after this guy.

Starting LOT material.

Now Redskins have Brown for LT and Williams for RT and McNabb is laughing

dragonfire

Bench
heard that they want Brown at RT and Williams LT. To be honest think the Saints were disappointing in this trade, we give them Brown and a conditional 5/6th rounder for a tbd 3/4 round pick plus a conditional next year. Obviously it is better than nothing as we werent going to give him a long term contract and he would have walked but i would expect more for a guy of his calibre though no surprise he is no longer wth the team

Mhartew

Juniors
Reading through this thread from 2007, All the Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn talk is funny. Hindsight is a hell of a thing.