What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tragic death of league legend's son

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
condolences to the Ryan family

hopefully kids will read about this and realise the dangers of these so called party drugs

Steel Dragon

Bench
It seems strange that he [Ryans son] was the only one admitted to hospital - that we know of.

Surely he wasnt the only one who took the drugs at the party?!?1?1!
Why werent there other kids admitted with similar conditions?

Carlito

Juniors
That's really terrible for the Wok, condolences to everyone.

Hopefully he keeps doing what he's doing and doesn't let it break him down.

innsaneink

Referee
Steel Dragon said:
It seems strange that he [Ryans son] was the only one admitted to hospital - that we know of.

Surely he wasnt the only one who took the drugs at the party?!?1?1!
Why werent there other kids admitted with similar conditions?

Because they affect different people differently.

I may take something and get a pleasurable stone from it, the same amount of the same drug may kill you.

aids

Bench
i didnh't see it mentioned in the article, but is it related to the rave on the weekend where they were passing out drug spiked easter eggs?

Sharkie™

Juniors
Brutus said:
People don't 'turn' to party drugs. He was just unlucky and probably doing what the rest of his mates were doing. They are risks of putting the unknown into your body I guess.

there is a thing called self control. u shouldnt do something just to impress ur mates, if they are real mates they will respect your discission.

Balmain_Boy

aids said:
i didnh't see it mentioned in the article, but is it related to the rave on the weekend where they were passing out drug spiked easter eggs?

Nah mate. It says he was admitted on wednesday.

dubby

Bench
Sad news.
Like its been said here, sympathy for Wok and his family. To Mathew...
well if you take drugs, there is always a chance of something going bad. And it did for you son. Now you've left your family with an ache in their heart that will never heal. Left your friends wondering why, and everyone else giving their 2cents worth. All that for a "high". Drugs are not worth it.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Sympathy to the Ryan family.

Steel Dragon - It said he'd ODed. The drug was probably fine, he had just taken too much.

Taking drugs does have a risk, but alcohol is also a drug. Alcohol has been accepted by society, mainly because it is legal. But 'other' drugs are seen by society as a major problem. You never hear of the amazing experiences these drugs can give a person, only of the deaths that occur. How many drink-driving accidents do you hear of? Pub brawls? etc. They all impact on your brain, giving different effects but for some reason alcohol is legal and the rest are not?

Drugs should be regulated by the government to ensure their safety and restrictions for the moderation of use. This way you wont get pills laced with kitchen products or weed that has got fly spray in it. Hard drugs such as crystal meth and heroin should never be legal and should be target number one for eradication in Australia.

Eelectrica

Referee
Condolences to Warren Ryan and Family.
I was surprised when he wasn't commentating for the ABC radio for Sundays blockbuster. Now I know why.

There is a lesson to be learned here, I just hope a few kids learn it before it's too late.

reptar

Juniors
bboy_insane - GHB is not as simple as "taking too much" to overdose. There are many related factors, mostly that it should never be mixed with other depressants, in particular alcohol. That said, GHB is extremely dangerous and I find it hard to believe people use it for pleasure.

Jo Ryan

Juniors
Heart Felt condolences to you Warren and your wife. Nothing could ever be as tragic as losing a child. God be with you both, at this sad time.

cainen

Juniors
He's probably done it plenty of times before, just this time things went wrong. A waste of a life. Can't be many things worse than losing your only child.

Alex28

Coach
It's incredibly sad, but I can't quite cop people saying he was unlucky.

If you put a substance that you have absolutely no idea what is in it in your body, then you are bloody stupid. No bad luck about it.

Hellsy

Immortal
Wow. Thats really sad. :cry: :cry:
Condolences to the family and friends of Matthew
Drugs are such horrible things, but people have to learn to be strong and not take them, and the people that drug others should have severe punishments dealt to them

Latest posts