What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Methods

Kaz

junior
About the players who are getting hurt at training, do you think it is the training/trainer, ground or something else.

Alex28

Coach
According to the Annual Report for the Knights, Billy Peden is our Rehab Co-ordinator.

What qualifications does he have for this role???

Swampy

Juniors
It seems to me it's no coincidence that the departure of Scott Cambell at the end of season 2001(who's been Head Trainer/Conditioner at the Bulldogs since then) and the introduction of Lee Clarke from 2002 onwards things have been on the slide for the Knights.Warren Ryan brought Campbell to the club when he was coaching here.Maybe it begs the question then. How much of an impact and role did Campbell have on the in Knights winning the comp in 2001?

cram

Bench
It seems to me it's no coincidence that the departure of Scott Cambell at the end of season 2001(who's been Head Trainer/Conditioner at the Bulldogs since then) and the introduction of Lee Clarke from 2002 onwards things have been on the slide for the Knights.Warren Ryan brought Campbell to the club when he was coaching here.Maybe it begs the question then. How much of an impact and role did Campbell have on the in Knights winning the comp in 2001?

This has been raised and discussed many times. Clarke was originally employed as a Drugs Education Officer and sprint coach.

reladith

Juniors
Dont get me started on this topic!!!!!!! Whilst Pedan is in charge we will not make the 8! Every good team has a qualified Rehab or exercise physiologist on the books, we have an ex player who wanted to be a firefighter! :lol: :lol:

The most qualified person in the club by my reports is that girl of Smith. She is the rehab co-ordinator of SG ball and the juniors (Does anyone see a trend here? She is in charge of the junior SG and they won the comp last year? HELLO KNIGHTS MANAGEMENT!!!! See a pattern?????)

She will not be employed by the current staff because she is not a man, and has not played before. She has a degree in exercise physiology and human movement ect according to the kids, but wont get the nod!

She is the real deal apparently, something special. The kids would rather work with her then Pedan (If thats not telling you something?)

It will not be a worry anymore though, because from all reports she is being courted by the roosters and Manly to work with them next year, they will give her 1st grade because they acknowledge her talent in what she did for SG ball last year, which is what she wants.

Well Done Knights! What a great club we have!!!

Rex Banner

Juniors
The most qualified person in the club by my reports is that girl of Smith. She is the rehab co-ordinator of SG ball and the juniors (Does anyone see a trend here? She is in charge of the junior SG and they won the comp last year? HELLO KNIGHTS MANAGEMENT!!!! See a pattern?????)

I'm not going to tell you my sources, but i know for a fact that the now deceaseed Robyn Pitt was the rehab co-ordinator for all the junior knights over a period of years now. My source has no idea who this girl of Smith and i can tell you for a fact she had no affiliation with the S.G Ball grand final winning side of last season. Maybe the full body contact sessions without any protection could have a lot to do with the lethargic performances and high training injury rate? Maybe its does Rex maybe it does.......... *strokes chin*

Rex Banner

Juniors

I'm not going to tell you my sources, but i know for a fact that the now deceaseed Robyn Pitt was the rehab co-ordinator for all the junior knights over a period of years now. My source has no idea who this girl of Smith and i can tell you for a fact she had no affiliation with the S.G Ball grand final winning side of last season. Maybe the full body contact sessions without any protection could have a lot to do with the lethargic performances and high training injury rate? Maybe its does Rex maybe it does.......... *strokes chin*

Swampy

Juniors
Well I can assure you the Head/Trainer conditioner for the SG Ball this season and also for the past few seasons(which includes last seasons Grand Final winning SG Ball team) is a fellow by the name of Garry Thorogood.The results he has achieved speak for themselves last season and so far this season.I've heard that the boys who played Ball last season and who are now playing Flegg and higher have stated that the training and conditioning sessions were much tougher in Ball.As the saying goes the way you train is the way you play.Train soft play soft.Train hard play hard.Seems a pretty simple formula to me.

Its obvious that something needs to be done who has 8 players out before season even kicks off.

Ridiculous if its the players who are naturally injury prone if there contracts up this year dont renew it.

This is the 2nd year in a row it looks like were going to get flogged due to injuries we need something done.

Latest posts