What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel

mattyg

Bench
I'm planning to fly up to QLD for the Origin 1/Bulldogs v Cowboys double. Might see a few of you guys up there. Must remember to get Origin tickets early

Houdini

First Grade
Here's some tips for the non travellers -
If you want cheap flights, shop around travel agency chains and get quotes for more than 1 airline.
Not all travel agents have access to the same fares, some have "private fares" that have been negotiated with the airline specifically for their company only.
Also, if flying overseas, the direct flights are the most expensive, so look at flights/airlines that stop at some point of the journey.
And some airlines now charge additional taxes for credit card payment, so pay cash if you can.

And of course, the earlier you book, the better chance you have of scoring cheaper flights, however the fare rules are more restrictive on the cheap fares, so you will have to pay if you need to make changes once the ticket is issued.

Houdini

First Grade
I have a heap of places I want to visit, but with work and study this year, I don't think I will have any time to go away :(

Goldthorpe

Bench
somethingwithjohn said:
no what will happen is this. Pigs will get a good lead of 15 - 20 points then loose it all in the 3rd.

Unfortunately for the Pigs they didn’t lead at all during the game.

Sorry swj and no.2_lukeburt.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
youd think it would hurt a little less after every loss, but thats just not the case. How do you rabbits fans do it? :fist:

Raider Ultra

Bench
Going to watch the Socceroos in Thailand for the Asian Cup, and will be heading over to the UK and probably France later in the year for a couple of weeks. Probably head to Adelaide and Melbourne at some point as well.

Goldthorpe

Bench
no.2_lukeburt said:
youd think it would hurt a little less after every loss, but thats just not the case. How do you rabbits fans do it? :fist:
I am just glad the losing streak wasn't broken against us!

Choppies

Coach
I feel sorry for the Pigs. I want them to do well and have a good rivalry with us because it will be good for basketball in Sydney and Australia. SWJ if your going over to the States for sport I say DO IT!!!!! It's really is an experience.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Choppies said:
I feel sorry for the Pigs. I want them to do well and have a good rivalry with us because it will be good for basketball in Sydney and Australia. SWJ if your going over to the States for sport I say DO IT!!!!! It's really is an experience.
Good for basketball in Sydney? The Kings won a three peat and still can't sell out the SEC. Their crowd is probably the worst in the NBL.

I always thought that if the Kings won a title NBL would really take off. But it didn't.

Choppies

Coach
Madcat said:
Good for basketball in Sydney? The Kings won a three peat and still can't sell out the SEC. Their crowd is probably the worst in the NBL.

I always thought that if the Kings won a title NBL would really take off. But it didn't.

I agree, our crowds are full of f**king n00bs who only cheer for the freebies.
It's something that needs to be changed.
But if you had a strong Kings side and a strong Razors side it might entice more people to get to the games.