What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Attacking Coach.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Another good article from the herald about Barrett. In the article a question is posed.....did he jump or was he pushed.

The writer concluded, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

The Realist

Juniors
Wonder if we’d take him back. Our attack in 2020 was better than we’ve seen in 21/22 thus far. It’d be a big call to bring him back and replace Wallace (??) given our record and the players he lured away though. Could definitely see him doing some work with the halves at least.

That is a good point. It appears as though Wallace isn't a particularly effective coach. In saying that I don't think anyone in the Panthers Hierarchy would trust Barrett as he definitely had a hand in poaching players from us and for that reason alone, I don't really want him.

I suppose the counter point is that Barrett's head coaching credentials have been marked either as never again or not for a long time, so we can be sure to have him for the next 5 years without anyone taking him.

The main consideration would be, What would Ivan think about it, and similarly Cam Ciraldo? If either would be at all uncomfortable then that should quash any prospect of Barrett coming back.

Iamback

Coach
That is a good point. It appears as though Wallace isn't a particularly effective coach. In saying that I don't think anyone in the Panthers Hierarchy would trust Barrett as he definitely had a hand in poaching players from us and for that reason alone, I don't really want him.

I suppose the counter point is that Barrett's head coaching credentials have been marked either as never again or not for a long time, so we can be sure to have him for the next 5 years without anyone taking him.

The main consideration would be, What would Ivan think about it, and similarly Cam Ciraldo? If either would be at all uncomfortable then that should quash any prospect of Barrett coming back.

NSW Cup are going pretty good under Wallace. Just a different sort of coach more effort than skill based which isn't good for an assistant

betcats

Referee
Webster is the attacking coach and i think we are going fine in that area, there hasnt been a noticeable drop off from 2020 that i can see.

Iamback

Coach
You see a bit of flair come out from time to time it looks like the team is deliberately conservative, not quite the right word but can't put my finger on it,

Some of the tries we scored in 2020 were amazing.

We'd go left to right. Then back again to tire other teams out pretty much like the Sharks are trying now.

No idea why we stopped it

WestyLife

First Grade
Some of the tries we scored in 2020 were amazing.

We'd go left to right. Then back again to tire other teams out pretty much like the Sharks are trying now.

No idea why we stopped it

Not sure but they do go right and left but the right is not particularly cohesive.

Munky

Coach
You see a bit of flair come out from time to time it looks like the team is deliberately conservative, not quite the right word but can't put my finger on it,

I've said before it seems the team won't chance its hand at all or dig into the bag of tricks until they have a match winning lead or chasing points.

I don't necessarily disagree with the tactic however I question why kicking for repeat sets only came out against the Storm as opposed to running it on the last in every other game.

I can only assume they're saving the plays for the finals or must win games.