What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Muppet coach

coolsteve

Juniors
I've tried hard to ignore the fact I hated watching him as a player. Never rated him. Never saw what got him blues jerseys.

He has got nothing positive out of anybody in the squad. I hand on heart believe not a single player has improved this season. That says it all really.

As far as I am concerned, it was a stupid idea to sign a rookie coach for 3 years. Especially straight after a clean out. But the bigger problem is Cartwright. He is there to assist and mentor... Once again he is a coach I never rated as well. Why bring him in? What can he really add to the equation? He doesn't know how big matches are won as a coach, he doesn't know anything about finals footy...

Toovey got a real hard deal. He was handed a busted salary cap to work with, a bunch of players that in all honesty were batting above their weight helped in part by an aging, yet quality back line.

Manly has always really only achieved under coaches that know the club really well, but usually played for the club. I realise it was a political move on Toovey, but Cleary or getting Da$$ler back would have been a better fit.
this

reanimate

Bench
Another gem of a coaching performance tonight, how good are dummy half runs and one-out passes to someone with no speed? Throw in people never knowing where they're supposed to be on the 4th & 5th tackles and you've got a recipe for success.

t-ba

Post Whore
The current owners deserve this and more for their hubris. I would take a spoon of ti meant they ducked off forever.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The current owners deserve this and more for their hubris. I would take a spoon of ti meant they ducked off forever.

Maybe a 15th, but never a spoon.

But yes, the Penns and fat turd can royally choke on a dick for what they have done.

axl rose

Bench
I still remember Warren Ryan on ABC radio calling Dragons games when Barrett was captain.....he reckoned he was the most overated representative player and ran sideways like a crab. !

Wok did call a spade a spade. Only good games he played were outside A.Johns in Origin.

Scott Fulton had more talent, well if you asked Bozo anyway.

Last edited:

coolsteve

Juniors
maybe i`ve been a bit too harsh on Barrett. After that mob he had playing last night , cant see anyone improving those plodders. Tafua under high ball, ha . wasn`t going to take long to be found out

Nice Beaver

First Grade
maybe i`ve been a bit too harsh on Barrett. After that mob he had playing last night , cant see anyone improving those plodders. Tafua under high ball, ha . wasn`t going to take long to be found out

He is such a conundrum old Tafua.

Invaluable for his yardage coming out of our end and his strength, but so ordinary under the high ball and some stupid plays in his game.

Would be happy to see him replaced if there are viable options.

Edrick Lee from Canberra apparently a likely addition but who on the other wing?.......

eagles4eva

First Grade
Wow N Green back in the team, I know were down on troops but seriously...How many small backrowers can you fit in one team...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Wow N Green back in the team, I know were down on troops but seriously...How many small backrowers can you fit in one team...

From all reports, Green has been very good in reserves lately.

But yes, if he comes in punt Leary at the very least and Brown if at all possible with our injuries.

eagles4eva

First Grade
From all reports, Green has been very good in reserves lately.

But yes, if he comes in punt Leary at the very least and Brown if at all possible with our injuries.

Havent seen many NSW cup games...Are we that desperate for Centres and backrowers?

Have to be another kid to fill in at centre rather than Brown and same with the backrow...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Havent seen many NSW cup games...Are we that desperate for Centres and backrowers?

Have to be another kid to fill in at centre rather than Brown and same with the backrow...

100% agree that keeping Brown away from the centres (well anywhere in the starting 13) would be best for the greater good of humanity.

He can serve a purpose on the bench when used the right way.

As for second rowers. I guess when we have Lawrence and Knight gone for the year and Symonds soaking up the pommy sunshine on that pasty frame of his.....second rowers are thin on the ground mate.

pink v

Juniors
100% agree that keeping Brown away from the centres (well anywhere in the starting 13) would be best for the greater good of humanity.

He can serve a purpose on the bench when used the right way.

As for second rowers. I guess when we have Lawrence and Knight gone for the year and Symonds soaking up the pommy sunshine on that pasty frame of his.....second rowers are thin on the ground mate.

if barrett was a muppett dragons would have snapped him up as for the bench beaver youd serve the best

Nice Beaver

First Grade
if barrett was a muppett dragons would have snapped him up as for the bench beaver youd serve the best

Well said........I think??

Big night for the Origin last night pinky dink? Bet you slept like a log after a big night scabbing the dregs from people's left over drinks.

t-ba

Post Whore
One of the great things about being worked like a slave and arranging a marriage is that I've had no time at all to follow this shit show. Hopefully by the time my first born is like 5 these clowns will no longer be in charge of the rodeo.