What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial: Eels v Dragons game day thread Feb 20 2022

hindy111

Post Whore
Naiduki and Kamlaofoe was enough for me to say they are strong and powerfull but don't look NRL quality. Look sloppy and all over the place.
Russel looks OK. Perham also. JA was solid. Mahoney looked far superior then Rein to me.

No one come out a put on a MOM performance where you went wow.

Mojo

Bench
Take aways: Mulheisen - talent, Jayden Hunt - revelation
McGuire - good footy. Defence still looking loose at times.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Naiduki and Kamlaofoe was enough for me to say they are strong and powerfull but don't look NRL quality. Look sloppy and all over the place.
Russel looks OK. Perham also. JA was solid. Mahoney looked far superior then Rein to me.

No one come out a put on a MOM performance where you went wow.
Brendan Hands was handy.

Wally21

Bench
Of the new/backup players…
Morretti, Russell, Hands all looked good. Luca in particular.
Rein was a pass.
penham was ok but looked lost at times.
The rest looked like they had just come in off the street for a trial and hadn’t trained together.

Gronk

Staff member
Russell has a bit of Pappenhausen about him.

Penisini was quiet.

JA is a good player, but still wet behind the ears. Who is our next 6 in the depth chart ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see more talented youngsters in the Dragons side.
Russel and JA look good. Makatao worked hard. Unsure about the rest. The seasoned NRL players are just having a bit of a training run.
All I saw was that the Dragons wanted it more. After the season they had you'd expect them to have more spots up for grabs. I thought our defence was great considering how little ball we had in the final 60 minutes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
3 hookers, 3 fullbacks, 2 locks, 2 half backs……lots of different combos…..
The Dragons had the One Eyed flog playing half the game at 7 lol.

Bea was happy our start, they are important to us apparently lol.

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

hindy111

Post Whore
All I saw was that the Dragons wanted it more. After the season they had you'd expect them to have more spots up for grabs. I thought our defence was great considering how little ball we had in the final 60 minutes.

It's a trial I don't read a lot into it. Sometimes you see a young kid with great power and speed do something.
Russel looked the best of the kids

hindy111

Post Whore
In the Penrith Trial I seen a few stars of the future for the men in black. Geyer is going to be quality in a few years.

Latest posts