What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial: Parra vs Penrith

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just watching the replay. Scott looks good, his running game isn't to bad.

Gee while we were a bit rusty, pretty happy with our sweeping attacking play. Gee it's good to watch and very well executed.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So was there anything to Kaysa being named at 13 for the two Wenty sides listed yesterday? Did he and King just share the dummy half or was Kaysa actually playing some back row?

Spoke to Kaysa about it today. He just wants to play footy so he doesn't care where he is on the field as long as he's out there, in fact he said he was filthy that he had a 5 minute break. The plan was for him and King to switch roles at half-time but he saw what was working and he told King to stay in at dummy half whilst he stays at lock.

Kaysa mightn't have the attack of what you need in the middle as a forward but he has to be the biggest hitter at the club, he dropped some merkins last night that were twice the size of him. But when you have players like O'Brien, and Tanginoa who provide a lot in attack then you can give a little bit away with having Kaysa there.

Delboy

First Grade
DeGois was sort of ordinary compared to Alvaro, Terepo,Edwards and Gower when assessing first up replacements

Talking about ordinary, wtf was Craig Gower doing, he was a mumbling imbecile

Bigfella

Coach
I thought he made some good points actually.

Especially about our one out attacking structure of the forwards.

Then again, it was the first trial for a fair few of them so I'm not sure why he expected us to be pulling out the trick shots

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'd argue that it is easier to defend because it is more predictable. If Norman and Foran are both standing on the same side of the field you know which way the ball is headed 9 times out of 10. Then you just stack your defence that side

So you're saying that on 90% of our plays we get to have a go at throwing some variations at a stacked defence, some of which will come off; and the other 10% we get an overlap on the short side for players like Semi & Jennings to exploit? Yes, please!

Stagger eel

Staff member
So was there anything to Kaysa being named at 13 for the two Wenty sides listed yesterday? Did he and King just share the dummy half or was Kaysa actually playing some back row?

Funnily and strangely enough, he ran out in the 10 shirt and combined his role as a middle forward and dummy half..

DeGois was sort of ordinary compared to Alvaro, Terepo,Edwards and Gower when assessing first up replacements

Talking about ordinary, wtf was Craig Gower doing, he was a mumbling imbecile

Craig Gower was a mess. Very nervous. I don't think he's suited to commentary not a natural at all.

^b0ss^

Juniors
yea the comment about our forwards being a little one out is pretty hard to judge when it rained the whole game.

Dont know if we want the forwards playing pass the ball in the wet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True, Barry. Support runners help even when they don't get the ball, because they draw defenders away from the ball carrier.

Port Panther

Juniors
Well done to Parra exposed Panthers weakness all clubs and fans are aware of which is our goal line defence , all tries coming from ten metres out or less. I really hope Griffin can come up with something or its going to be a long year for the Panthers. Good luck this year the comp needs at least one strong team in the west this year.

strider

Post Whore
The thing that surprised me the most in the trial was the last 20 odd minutes. I know the panthers had taken several players off too, but we had basically a 2nd team playing with a bunch of players out of position and we played it all in their half.

The upshot of that is we seem to have a good attitude across the club at present. Dont wanna get too carried away though.

Latest posts