What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial result 42-4 loss

Mr Spock!

Referee
Why not try some Bennett innovations eg playing a defensive forward at centre in the Stagg/Scott/Carroll mold. Maybe Ben Lowe. Given that defence is an issue and if Inglis doesn't play centre that will leave us with two rookie centres.

Or playing Sandow like Soward in defence. Isn't Soward normally on the flanks and partnered with a defensive forward or behind the defensive line?

Also the similarities between how Bennett uses his fullbacks Boyd and Hunt as extra receivers. Does our fullback involve himself the same way?

If we can't get Bennett, we could copy his gameplan.

Galeforce

Bench
Inglis at 1? Based on what
His positioning in defence?
His high work rate?
His skill under the high ball?
His long passing game (when under pressure)?

Wesser is past his best IMO and I’d be using Merritt but definitely not Inglis

1) Inglis - does have good defence , fast and strong .
I would rather Inglis to be the last line versus Merritt nor Wesser.
2) work rate for a fullback versus a centre ? please define this and explain why you think his work rate would be less than Wesser or Merritt.
3) skill under high ball , yes Wesser is sound , however i have seen high skill with high balls from Inglis and also being a bigger man , does suggest he would not be outjumped as often.
4) does not have to pass the ball under pressure and also he has more chance to run over opponents.
5) you forget to ADD the most important element. He can choose to run into attack on either side of the field . Wesser is great running to gaps, however Inglis adds the dimension of beating opponents as well.
so yes #1 would be a awesome move in my books.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
au contraire.. if you have no cog, find another way to tell the time..

Clock_Radio.jpg

digital_clock_iphone_stand.jpg

sundial.jpg

Star_clock_196.jpg

uclocks15.jpg
Einstein - The main Cog in these timepieces is called a Silicon chip or an electric motor.Take it out and they are stuffed. In a Mechanical timepiece it is a Cog take it out and it is stuffed!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Einstein - The main Cog in these timepieces is called a Silicon chip or an electric motor.Take it out and they are stuffed. In a Mechanical timepiece it is a Cog take it out and it is stuffed!

einstein, do you want to maybe look again and re-phrase??? here, this may help... i can't see a silicon chip or electric motor in either of these..
sundial.jpg

Star_clock_196.jpg

uclocks15.jpg

but it's plain to see you missed the metaphor.. if your clock is not working, find another way to tell the time...

if isaac luke is out, you need a method and a way to win without him.. it's called a backup plan, or a plan b...

btw... let me know when you develop that powered sundial.. you'll make a fortune!!

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.... that could be something daveq may of said if he was still posting here. Up the Bunnies!!!

Robbie 12

Juniors
look I think that souths have done nothing in the off session, and these trial games were meant to show what they have done with there defence,

and for a team that was meant to concentrate on defence in the off session and which gets beat 42 to 4 says to me that they have done nothing,

and with the same old frustrating halves with no fifth tackle options, we defiantly need a halves coach, as for me sandow and sutton have no idea, as giving them free range to play whats infront of them just doent cut it any more, we need some Structure and set plays in attack, as they waste all that effort from the team trying to get them up field and then the ball is kicked dead or caught on the full, or the ball is just handed over,

i have noticed it takes south 4 or 5 shots at the line to score at the start of any game but as soon as the other team has one break or chance after all souths rades of attack they score, it happened in the charity sheild.. I have notice this as I have been watching replays of the games in the off session .......any how bring on 2011 ...fustrated souths supporter

Robbie 12

Juniors
look I think that souths have done nothing in the off session, and these trial games were meant to show what they have done with there defence,

and for a team that was meant to concentrate on defence in the off session and which gets beat 42 to 4 says to me that they have done nothing,

and with the same old frustrating halves with no fifth tackle options, we defiantly need a halves coach, as for me sandow and sutton have no idea, as giving them free range to play whats infront of them just doent cut it any more, we need some Structure and set plays in attack, as they waste all that effort from the team trying to get them up field and then the ball is kicked dead or caught on the full, or the ball is just handed over,

i have noticed it takes south 4 or 5 shots at the line to score at the start of any game but as soon as the other team has one break or chance after all souths rades of attack they score, it happened in the charity sheild.. I have notice this as I have been watching replays of the games in the off session .......any how bring on 2011 ...fustrated souths supporter

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Muzby - You cannot tell the time on a sundial after dark and you can't tell the time by the stars during the day.Neither of your clocks will work for the full 24hrs that is required.(Even Gilllard knows that.)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muzby - You cannot tell the time on a sundial after dark and you can't tell the time by the stars during the day.Neither of your clocks will work for the full 24hrs that is required.(Even Gilllard knows that.)

FMD are you really that dumb that you don't get it?

the point i am making is that if luke is unavailable, you need to find another way to make the team work...

and re: the clocks, you have a 24 hour solution to tell the time by using the two combined.. so if we apply it to luke, who's your sundial to use when the star is gone?

Zigwaa

Bench
the point i am making is that if luke is unavailable, you need to find another way to make the team work...
True Jerkface. Any team will struggle to fill the void when their best player is out injured.

If Luke goes through the season injury free yours is a moot point. If not we'll tackle that when it comes up as you mentioned.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
FMD are you really that dumb that you don't get it?

and re: the clocks, you have a 24 hour solution to tell the time by using the two combined.. so if we apply it to luke, who's your sundial to use when the star is gone?
Cloudy day no sundial cloudy stormy night no stars.

Now I agree in what you said above, but who have we got that can take Lukes place the second best is Falloon and he is streets away from Isaac's ability
.Isaac along with Smith are the standout #9 in the NRL there is no one else who can come near them.As I said Luke is our main Cog and he can be replaced, but the Cog you replace him with is no way as good as the original.

Galeforce

Bench
so what are we saying. it is hard to replace a gun player , no surprise.
If Storm lost Smith for a game , they would find it hard to replace him as well , no surprise.
Faloon is a very good replacement to have for Luke . Faloon will have to play for Norths , question will be how long before he decides his career has better chance with another club. I think by end of year , assuming we sign Luke , for 2012 and beyond, the club will have to decide whether to keep Faloon or Peats. I do not believe we can keep both and i would be surprised , if we had no injuries to luke/Faloon/peats by June 30 , that one of the two seeks release . I would keep Peats.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
True Jerkface. Any team will struggle to fill the void when their best player is out injured.

If Luke goes through the season injury free yours is a moot point. If not we'll tackle that when it comes up as you mentioned.

Not relevant to Souths. Find another word or phrase.

Here's a few to start with -

Fall off
Throw an arm at
Half heartedly
Feebily attempt

david36

Juniors
I think Falloon is a good player and were lucky to have him in case luke gets injured, going to be hard to replace the 6 or 7 if they get injured, hard to fill the 6 and 7 spot even when Sandow and Sutton are not injured

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Mr Spock!

Referee
Like dogs have fleas, and humans have the candiru (see below); this thread has St Merge supporters. How do we get rid of them?:crazy:

The Candiru is a parasite. Its modus operandi is simple as well as ruthless; to find a fish, the candiru first tastes the water, trying to locate a water stream that is coming from the gills of a fish. Once such a stream is detected, the candiru follows the stream to its new host and inserts itself inside the gill flap. Spines around its head then pierce the scales of the fish and draws blood while anchoring the candiru in place. The candiru then feeds on the blood by using its mouth as a slurping apparatus and while rasping the long teeth on its top jaw. It then, unhooks its fins and sinks to the bottom of the river to digest its meal. The blood feeding has led to it earning the moniker: the vampire fish of Brazil.

However the reason that the Candiru is most feared by humans is because it is the only vertebrate known to parasitize humans! The fish is said to be addicted to the taste and smell of human urine. Candirus parasitize humans, when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the urethra and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood consumed.

Once inside it would eat away the mucous membranes and tissues until hemorrhage would kill it or the host. It was also said that even if one caught the fish by the tail, once in the urethra it could not be pulled out because it would spread itself like an umbrella. The Candiru can attack both men and women. Penectomy is generally preferred to the misery and pain associated with leaving the fish in the urethra.

One way to expel the fish would be to drink the juice of the green fruit of the Jagua tree, Genipa Americana L. The juice of this fruit is brewed into a tea and drunk hot, supposedly causing the skeleton of the fish to dissolve and resulting in its expulsion from the victim within a couple hours. A synthetic version of the brew has been used in the past by urologists to dissolve bladder "incrustations" and kidney stones. The Candiru can also be removed surgically. But both these processes are time consuming.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/2-29-2004-51087.asp

Latest posts