What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v Parramatta

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Not sure why people get wound up after a trial.

All i took was the first 40mins, and that was the defense was great. The rest is just wishwash...

Not sure how the penalty count ended like it did, we got no leg ups at all, but i was actually happy as it gave the team a good defensive test, and they passed.

Bob

Juniors
I know they are keen to move Yeo to lock but we are a little skinny in the second row for that to happen this season.

Unless Hetherington, Fuimaono or Cartwright develop considerably this year.
Yeo to lock is a great idea, I'd maybe run Ellis or Cartwright as a second rower instead of Hetherington

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Eels completion rate is inflated due to penalties aswell.

As good as they did at controlling possession. The biggest factor in doing so was the penalty count. It gave them more tackles and better field position.

Our discipline was poor obviously. But we were also entitled to penalties we didnt receive which would have given us better field position and a better share of the ball.

There wasnt much upside at all to the trial. Except I guess that we got to test our defence. If we don't defend well in Round 1 after all that tackling practice there's something wrong
You guys defended very well again today. Dumb dropsies in the first half hurt you for the rest of the game. The Panthers looked like a team with a lot on their minds. I expect you'll still win at least half your games. I hope we do too.