What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v Rabbitohs

A few quick takes:

- Sele was excellent, best on the field for mine, got through plenty of minutes and didn't drop his work rate. Lots of strong, hard carries - definitely potential there for him to play lock with JFH moving to the front row rotation but regardless I think you have to find a spot for him on the bench.

- Maloney smart as always in the early stages of the game showing great awareness to put in early kicks in wet weather.

- Luai looked sharp again. Always knew he had the footwork but it is certainly impressive to see him being so confident and demanding of the ball.

- On a whole, our pack was very strong. Very good to see because I worried that our depth was a bit thin in the forwards but was impressed with all of them.

- Finally, Katoa definitely should work on his long-range kicking game as it could be a really good asset to have. Certainly has potential there.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
A few quick takes:

- Sele was excellent, best on the field for mine, got through plenty of minutes and didn't drop his work rate. Lots of strong, hard carries - definitely potential there for him to play lock with JFH moving to the front row rotation but regardless I think you have to find a spot for him on the bench.

- Maloney smart as always in the early stages of the game showing great awareness to put in early kicks in wet weather.

- Luai looked sharp again. Always knew he had the footwork but it is certainly impressive to see him being so confident and demanding of the ball.

- On a whole, our pack was very strong. Very good to see because I worried that our depth was a bit thin in the forwards but was impressed with all of them.

- Finally, Katoa definitely should work on his long-range kicking game as it could be a really good asset to have. Certainly has potential there.
Sele also has some ball playing in him that Fish doesn't really have. Even if he doesn't end up passing that much he looks confident when he fakes to pass which causes hesitation in the defense and more metres for him, like how J.Turbo runs the balls.

GongPanther

Referee
These commentators make Braith Anasta look like one of the best off all time.
Nah...nobody can be that bad. They made me lol a couple of times,especially when the commentator got a message from the bloke propping up the bar while listening to the game somewhere in the Eastern suburbs.

I'll watch this game again just for the golden punchline he delivered soon after. :)

Kilkenny

Coach
Moses Leota looked to pick up a shoulder injury in 3rd quarter. Maybe just a burner but he looked in a little strife.

GongPanther

Referee
Seems that the difference was the experience of both squads that were left out there the longest. And the handling of the conditions.

mxlegend99

Referee
Only one thing I truly cared about tonight was Kikau being injured. After that I really had a hard time caring about the good and bad going on.

Rather get pumped by a second string team than lose our biggest weapon in a trial. That said.... I though some of our forward intensity looked great.

Great strong tackles. Yeo had an incredible try saver. Grant had some strong tackles. RCG looked eager. For a nothing game the effort looked good.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Who got the points decision between Katoa and Egan?

Even, I'd say. Katoa scored, Egan laid on a try, neither really ran much at all.

It was a direct, professional performance by the team. We didn't do much except run it straight and hard and put a kick in. Worked out well against a team still on holiday.

seal

Juniors
The lineups used tonight. Good addition to the match report imo

First-Half Line-Up: 1. Edwards, 2. M Watene-Zelezniak, 3. Blake, 4. Fuimaono, 5. Mansour, 6. Luai, 7. Maloney (May 30’), 8. Campbell-Gillard (Grant 20’), 9. Katoa (Egan 20’), 10. Leota (Ellis 20’), 11. Yeo, 12. Kikau (Martin 3’), 13. Sele

Third-Quarter Line-Up: 18. Aekins, 2. M Watene-Zelezniak, 11. Johns, 19. Phillips, 28. Too, 14. May, 3. Coleman, 8. Campbell-Gillard, 9. Katoa, 10. Leota (Grant 55’), 20. Cartwright, 4. Fuimaono, 21. Martin

Fourth-Quarter Line-Up: 18. Aekins, 19. Phillips, 11. Johns, 27. Naden, 28. Too, 14. May (Coleman 70’), 6. Luai, 20. Pua, 15. Egan, 23. Lui-Toso, 20. Cartwright, 17. Ellis, 13. Sele

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/02/23/kikau-injury-overshadows-trial-victory/

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Good wet weather footy for the most part. Played to the conditions, just focused on running harder, tackling harder than the opposition and kicking well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Decent enough hitout. Sele should of played himself into the 17. Kikau looks to be a 2-4 week injury so not too bad
Reading whats suspected is very relieving. I had worst cases running through my head for him. But if he missed the opening month it wouldnt be the end of the world.

That said he has very ginger legs. Part the readon I worried it was worst case. Seems to always be hampered by aleg injury of some kind.

mxlegend99

Referee
The lineups used tonight. Good addition to the match report imo

First-Half Line-Up: 1. Edwards, 2. M Watene-Zelezniak, 3. Blake, 4. Fuimaono, 5. Mansour, 6. Luai, 7. Maloney (May 30’), 8. Campbell-Gillard (Grant 20’), 9. Katoa (Egan 20’), 10. Leota (Ellis 20’), 11. Yeo, 12. Kikau (Martin 3’), 13. Sele

Third-Quarter Line-Up: 18. Aekins, 2. M Watene-Zelezniak, 11. Johns, 19. Phillips, 28. Too, 14. May, 3. Coleman, 8. Campbell-Gillard, 9. Katoa, 10. Leota (Grant 55’), 20. Cartwright, 4. Fuimaono, 21. Martin

Fourth-Quarter Line-Up: 18. Aekins, 19. Phillips, 11. Johns, 27. Naden, 28. Too, 14. May (Coleman 70’), 6. Luai, 20. Pua, 15. Egan, 23. Lui-Toso, 20. Cartwright, 17. Ellis, 13. Sele

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/02/23/kikau-injury-overshadows-trial-victory/
Who the f**k is that? You must mean Waqa Blake. That short white guy. Really got a laugh out of commentators thinking he could be Waqa Blake.

And later thinking Carty scored the try that Pua did.

Who the f**k is that? You must mean Waqa Blake. That short white guy. Really got a laugh out of commentators thinking he could be Waqa Blake.

And later thinking Carty scored the try that Pua did.

Yeah the Carty/Pua confusion was amusing, though in fairness, both were listed as No.20 on the team list

franklin2323

Immortal
Reading whats suspected is very relieving. I had worst cases running through my head for him. But if he missed the opening month it wouldnt be the end of the world.

That said he has very ginger legs. Part the readon I worried it was worst case. Seems to always be hampered by aleg injury of some kind.

Yep. I can't remember a game when he didn't go down with something

Latest posts