What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v Rabbitohs

Crashtest

Juniors
Liam Martin had a great game as well. Hopefully he’ll get his chance at some stage in 2019.

Should of last year over Ellis and Hetherington

With his size and aggression, Hetherington offers something different over Martin and Ellis.

Let Ellis fight it out with Martin this season. But regardless, I'm hoping Hetherington is still in the 17, and that Cleary does a better job of controlling him than Hook did.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Sele is lock hopefully we put JFH back to front row.

RCG, Tamou, Leota and JFH isnt a bad rotation. Probably wanna start with Fish and Tamou. Unleash RCG after Fish has softened their pack up a bit. Bring Leota on at a similar time.

franklin2323

Immortal

RCG, Tamou, Leota and JFH isnt a bad rotation. Probably wanna start with Fish and Tamou. Unleash RCG after Fish has softened their pack up a bit. Bring Leota on at a similar time.

Even this still works

Tamou
??
Sele
Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Leota
Fuimaono
RCG

franklin2323

Immortal
With his size and aggression, Hetherington offers something different over Martin and Ellis.

Let Ellis fight it out with Martin this season. But regardless, I'm hoping Hetherington is still in the 17, and that Cleary does a better job of controlling him than Hook did.

Martin has that though but tackles in the ribs and doesn't lose his head like Hetherington. Reminds me of Adam Docker

I want to see Hetherington string a few games together in NSW before I'd pick him. I haven't seen him play more than 4 games straight. The game Browne hurt himself last year. Hetherington was binned then sent off. He missed the 2017 NYC GF due to suspension so it is a problem all through juniors.

So say rounds 5-10 would be where I'd put him in FG. Give him 50-60 mins in NSW Cup early on

Crashtest

Juniors

JFH wasn't a prop though. He was an edge forward that Hook only moved to lock early last season.

So I'd prefer him and Sele to rotate minutes at lock, and add Hetherington's size and aggression into the prop rotation with RCG, Leota and Tamou.

Crashtest

Juniors
Martin has that though but tackles in the ribs and doesn't lose his head like Hetherington. Reminds me of Adam Docker

I want to see Hetherington string a few games together in NSW before I'd pick him. I haven't seen him play more than 4 games straight. The game Browne hurt himself last year. Hetherington was binned then sent off. He missed the 2017 NYC GF due to suspension so it is a problem all through juniors.

So say rounds 5-10 would be where I'd put him in FG. Give him 50-60 mins in NSW Cup early on

I get what your saying about Hetherington and his lack of discipline. But I still think we need him as a point of difference in our forward pack.

So Id prefer Cleary try and get through to him that if he can't control his aggression, he will be dropped to reserve grade. And then if keeps losing his head in games, replace him with Martin or Ellis. Or even Lui-Toso.

But either way, at least our middle forwards options are looking strong this season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I get what your saying about Hetherington and his lack of discipline. But I still think we need him as a point of difference in our forward pack.

So Id prefer Cleary try and get through to him that if he can't control his aggression, he will be dropped to reserve grade. And then if keeps losing his head in games, replace him with Martin or Ellis. Or even Lui-Toso.

But either way, at least our middle forwards options are looking strong this season.

No doubt we can use him but no need to rush him. He is in the FT squad and injuries will happen so he will get a run at some stage... Or better still let him get the form to be demanding to be selected

franklin2323

Immortal
Even the local black caps are more informed than Fangs it seems.

They still didn't predict the demise of Hook like I did.

If there was any doubt. The trial would back it up.

Imagine if Kikau went down so early and a hooker was wasting a bench spot.

GongPanther

Referee
Who the f**k is that? You must mean Waqa Blake. That short white guy. Really got a laugh out of commentators thinking he could be Waqa Blake.

And later thinking Carty scored the try that Pua did.
After full time,the commentator mentioned that there was some bloke who had climbed on top of the roof of the nearby YMCA building. I started to think he had completely given up right after a trial match. Must have hit him hard.

mxlegend99

Referee
After full time,the commentator mentioned that there was some bloke who had climbed on top of the roof of the nearby YMCA building. I started to think he had completely given up right after a trial match. Must have hit him hard.
Dunno why. They only lost 5 tries to 2 against the premiership heavyweights.

Not like they lost to Roosters or Eels.