What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v souths

tokerShark

Juniors
i asked my mate who's at the game , hes pretty smashed but he thinks covell scored 1 and kearney played well, thats all i can get out of him

my source (bbq) at the game said

Kimmorley played well. kicked to the wings for 3 tries, directed traffic, played deeper. combined well with seymour.
Bird also good
Gallen, Thommo quiet
Covell kicked 3/4 in the wind and rain
Dane nielson played well also
sharks controlled the ball well.

souths
joe williams still nfi how to direct a side
souths got tired in second half

The Nulla

Juniors
A msg from another source reads:

Neilson standout. Kinga good but De Gois better. Slemes, Staples, Ross very good. Bird quiet. Kearney out played by Seymour. One problem, very flat style footy. We struggled early, only came good in the wet.

hmmm sorta conflicts with the above report.

Ausguy

Coach
3 tries off kicks?
and it was definately souths reseve grade side, not one name amonsgt them, it was not a good effort by the sharks, we nearly had a full strength side.....

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/061109/2/yqqn.html

Souths over-run by strong Sharks
Saturday February 24, 9:54 PM

Cronulla produced a strong second-half performance to defeat South Sydney 22-4 in Saturday night's NRL trial at Gosford's Bluetongue Stadium.
The Sharks, who lost their opening trial 36-14 to Parramatta last week, hit back after trailing 4-0.

Two newly-signed backs of New Zealand origin, Fraser Anderson and Misi Taulapapa, each scored a second-half try for the Sharks.
Fullback Brett Kearney and winger Luke Covell both crossed the Rabbitohs' line with Covell adding three goals.
The only score for Souths, who were playing their opening trial of the year, came from veteran winger Paul Mellor.
After a tight and dry first half, the Sharks revelled in the rain as a storm lashed the stadium.

spider

Coach
oh well - we were terrible in the second half last year, not too mention the last 20.

trial or no trial - sounds like a positive performance.

A msg from another source reads:

Neilson standout. Kinga good but De Gois better. Slemes, Staples, Ross very good. Bird quiet. Kearney out played by Seymour. One problem, very flat style footy. We struggled early, only came good in the wet.

hmmm sorta conflicts with the above report.

my source wasnt really credible. he was at the game, but in no fit state to give a proper report.

Inferno

Coach
I think one of the biggest positives from the game is that the try scorers are all backs.

I also picked Covell to score a double, I was half right;-)

Latest posts