What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Manly next Friday @ Brookie

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Newms , Little Lemmy here , although the 'tashe is long gone.
I'm going to give this forum thing one more go , probably 'til someone says something really stoopid. I'm banking on BBB.:sarcasm:

Anyway , regarding your side - If Gards is there it has to be at FB , his main (maybe only) attack comes from bringing the ball back & backing up through the middle.

All the outside backs from last year should start in the Reggies , they were rubbish at the end of last year , I can't believe Flanagan said before the trials Pom was already in ???!!!

& there's no way they won't start with Jono Wright , so that leaves 1 other position to go one of last year's mob.

Todd won't be fit for RD1 , Gal should be told he's not playing unless he's 100% fit - same with Gibbs. If the new Peach played well then he should go in at 5/8 but I reckon they'll go with Lewis.

& they'll go with 2 hookers as always , if I had my choice it'd be young Peach as back-up , although Morris had his best season last year so he probably should start the season. & if De Gois plays 80 mins he'll be shot by RD10 like last season.

Newmans rd 1 team:

1. Gordon
2. Gardner (yes, yes. He was a real handful in attack and was great under the high ball. Give him a run somewhere)
3. Pom
4. Leutele
5. Ryan
6. Todd the god
7. Robson
8. Gibbs
9. De gois. Was miles better that Morris tonight. Whoever plays 9 needs to go 80. With LL in the team J Moz versatility is nullified.
10. Ross
11. Wade.
12. Louie
13. Gal

14. Fafita
15. Taufua
16. Bukuya
17. Heighington

If Gards has to be in the team, why not use him at fullback in attack and slip him to the wing for defence. Gordon to fullback in defence.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm going to give this forum thing one more go , probably 'til someone says something really stoopid. I'm banking on BBB.:sarcasm:

Anyway , regarding your side - If Gards is there it has to be at FB , his main (maybe only) attack comes from bringing the ball back & backing up through the middle.

All the outside backs from last year should start in the Reggies , they were rubbish at the end of last year , I can't believe Flanagan said before the trials Pom was already in ???!!!

& there's no way they won't start with Jono Wright , so that leaves 1 other position to go one of last year's mob.

Todd won't be fit for RD1 , Gal should be told he's not playing unless he's 100% fit - same with Gibbs. If the new Peach played well then he should go in at 5/8 but I reckon they'll go with Lewis.

& they'll go with 2 hookers as always , if I had my choice it'd be young Peach as back-up , although Morris had his best season last year so he probably should start the season. & if De Gois plays 80 mins he'll be shot by RD10 like last season.

Ahh Little Lemmy.. so much has been written about you cobber! LOL

Anyway, Peach to 5/8. Like it. Called that myself a few weeks ago but I also can't see it happening

We havent had a Noddy thread for a while, that should sort it out!

Card Shark

Immortal
If Gards has to be in the team, why not use him at fullback in attack and slip him to the wing for defence. Gordon to fullback in defence.

Not a bad option but I'd rather see Gordon get as central to the field as possible in attack, otherwise we will waste him to a large degree.

Put Gardz on the wing & leave him there to sink or swim. Give him a roving commission in attack & get him plenty of help in defence i.e pom

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gordon on the wing, Gard at the back. Able to swap during the game. Gardz game is close to the line. Flashs game is from midfield. It'll work a treat.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nice to have a couple of options in the backs for once. Hard to see Matty Wright, Stapo or Millsy getting a start barring injury. Don't think Flash has been bought to play on the wing and Gards is only really a fullback imo. Unless you sacrifice a forward off the bench for an impact player (Gards). What I would like to see but is unlikely is....

1. Flash
2. Beau
3. Pomm
4. Ricky
5. Jono Wright (not sold on him yet)
17.Gards

jc155776

Coach
We need an 80 minute hooker.

Until then we waste a bench spot and cheat ourselves out of having our best 17 players on the field (4 forwards on the bench).

newman

First Grade

Haven't seen you in ages mate. How have you been keeping?

Latest posts