What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Manly next Friday @ Brookie

Quigs

Immortal
You'd have to expect that Snoop.

He has lost a lot of condition since he got engaged.

I think he is expending his energy in other fields so to speak.

He could never last the full 70 minutes anyway.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Ok so the last half(or quarter) of NYC trial, NSW cup players took the field.

I'm not confused now....and Ratini weaved through the middle of the field from a loose ball to score a 60 metre try. L

newman

First Grade
Ok just got home. Here are a few points. Please keep in mind the first grade section was cruelled as a genuine comtest by dropped ball.

- Gardz looked much better under the high ball but he's just too small for first grade. Against a set defence he gets smashed and they read that inside run like a book. Gordon was solid.
- j Moz played first drop hooker and was awful. Manly played the best footy of the night with their short passing in the middle third and he couldn't keep up.
- without Gibbs gal and fifita our go forward is non existent off our line.
- jonno wright bombed 2 tries by not offloading to Stapler. Stapler was awful. Mills was awful apart from one good tackle, m wright was average playing centre. Leutele was strong. Beau scored a streaky try but did little else.

All in all I think we will have a very good NSW cup team this year. We need Louie, Gal, Gibbs and Fifita on the field to finish top 8 in firsts. Our half back, hooker and front row are all a concern for me. And the outside backs are still a problem.

Newms is spot on.
J moz was SLOW, first halvers looked slick against a bad team.
Peachey was great, and the other Toops was good. The halves of Panani and Walsh looked better than Chad and Robson, and both Portugal and te new fella Poli were better than Morris. Iced Beau-Beau scored a wingers try, good to see.
Oh and Ricky looked the best centre
And the Fijian dropped a few and had a runaway in nyc

newman

First Grade
Wade was a handful, very aggressive.

Taga will be nowhere near first grade.

Didn't see much at all from Chad or Robson other than 1 good kick each. We did drop the ball about 50 times on the first 3 tackles though so that takes em pretty much out of the game.

Tupou Sapoago was very, very strong along with the big #31 who scored a great try.

Has anyone heard anything about Gal tearing his pectoral?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Wade was a handful, very aggressive.

Taga will be nowhere near first grade.

Didn't see much at all from Chad or Robson other than 1 good kick each. We did drop the ball about 50 times on the first 3 tackles though so that takes em pretty much out of the game.

Tupou Sapoago was very, very strong along with the big #31 who scored a great try.

Has anyone heard anything about Gal tearing his pectoral?

Was 31 that Junior Roc(afella)?

Positive talk about him if so

Frenzy.

Immortal
Newms is spot on.
J moz was SLOW, first halvers looked slick against a bad team.
Peachey was great, and the other Toops was good. The halves of Panani and Walsh looked better than Chad and Robson, and both Portugal and te new fella Poli were better than Morris. Iced Beau-Beau scored a wingers try, good to see.
Oh and Ricky looked the best centre
And the Fijian dropped a few and had a runaway in nyc

What position did Peachey play?

Quigs

Immortal
Thank you again chaps

First trial thats all. No serious injuries that is the main thing to come out of trials.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ok just got home. Here are a few points. Please keep in mind the first grade section was cruelled as a genuine comtest by dropped ball.

- Gardz looked much better under the high ball but he's just too small for first grade. Against a set defence he gets smashed and they read that inside run like a book. Gordon was solid.
- j Moz played first drop hooker and was awful. Manly played the best footy of the night with their short passing in the middle third and he couldn't keep up.
- without Gibbs gal and fifita our go forward is non existent off our line.
- jonno wright bombed 2 tries by not offloading to Stapler. Stapler was awful. Mills was awful apart from one good tackle, m wright was average playing centre. Leutele was strong. Beau scored a streaky try but did little else.

All in all I think we will have a very good NSW cup team this year. We need Louie, Gal, Gibbs and Fifita on the field to finish top 8 in firsts. Our half back, hooker and front row are all a concern for me. And the outside backs are still a problem.

Half a spine is not encouraging but then again it's the first trial.

Who was actually paired with who in the halves throughout the trial?

newman

First Grade
Half a spine is not encouraging but then again it's the first trial.

Who was actually paired with who in the halves throughout the trial?

Walsh with Penani in the first half. They did well in the first quarter but then in the second when they had NSW cup go forward (taga Ross and degwah were benched) but still plenty of ball they couldn't create any points.

Chad and Robbo in the second. Like I said, we dropped so much ball they barely touched it so it's hardly a fair assessment . I think we kicked maybe 4 times in that half. Once for a try, once for a 40/20, so not a bad conversion rate. Slot Todd in there and we look a hell of a lot better. Prop problem is solved with Gibbs and Fafita. Hooker is the glaring problem for round 1.

NO INJURIES FROM WHAT I COULD SEE.

Windy70

Juniors
Big thanks to Newms and BBB for the updates. What was the ball dropping issue? Playing too fast and getting ahead of themselves? Weather? Or it's a trial so timing is out? I just loath lost games from lost balls. That's what training is Flanno, get them all on the same page.

Thanks again guys. Great commentary.

Edit: Also happy no injuries. Trials scare me in that department.

Latest posts