What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Storm

Volcom6685

Juniors
I'm worried about about Clune to be honest... I feel like he is the sort of player that rips it apart when our team is dominating but struggles to influence a game when we are on the back foot...

I hope he does play well but not much confidence.
So like most half backs ever ?

Spot On

Coach
I'm worried about about Clune to be honest... I feel like he is the sort of player that rips it apart when our team is dominating but struggles to influence a game when we are on the back foot...

I hope he does play well but not much confidence.

It was more of a worry when the 7 had a million dollar contract, didn’t really rip it apart even when we were going alright and struggled way to often with the basics.

Yosh

Coach
It was more of a worry when the 7 had a million dollar contract, didn’t really rip it apart even when we were going alright and struggled way to often with the basics.

Sorta glad everyone disagrees with me but I think he will be dropped halfway through the season. Maybe sooner.

Hot take but I think the team will be better with Crossland at seven

Knight Tales

Juniors
Sorta glad everyone disagrees with me but I think he will be dropped halfway through the season. Maybe sooner.

If we get Milford I suspect Clifford will move to 7 if the side is not winning games. But you cannot just discount the fact Clune is having a red hot go at making it his.

That is a very bold take based on not very much mate

You do you Yoshie

aqua_duck

Coach

We obviously not going to challenge the top teams with Clune as our 7 but Crossland isnt an upgrade at all IMO. Crossland debuted 3 years ago and I honestly cannot recall anything significant he's ever done in 1st grade

macavity

Referee
We obviously not going to challenge the top teams with Clune as our 7 but Crossland isnt an upgrade at all IMO. Crossland debuted 3 years ago and I honestly cannot recall anything significant he's ever done in 1st grade

you don’t train a player at 13 if you think he has something to offer at 7.

mozza91

Coach
Crossland has suffered like so many others with the last 2 years of reserve grade being cut short.

I don’t know if he would of been FG standard by now but a lack of football in the halves has completely stunted his development.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Biggest concern for Crossland in my view is he hasn’t shown any sort of running game since he cane into first grade. Good teams have halves that take on the line. Clifford has shown he’s willing to do it but Crossland just plays like a robot. Not sure whether it was the over-structured coaching from last year but he just doesn’t seem to be looking up and playing what’s in front of him.

To his credit his support game is good and his defence seems to be up to it but I just wish he would play eyes up footy and run the ball.

slotmachine

First Grade
He defends well and has shown an ok long kicking game, that's it. I feel like I'm bashing my head against the wall, but it's completely obvious the club don't rate him either.

If the club thought he was any good as a half they wouldn't have given him a token 12 month deal and told him to reinvent himself as a lock.

They also wouldn't have gone out and recruited Clune as a backup when Pearce was still around, then given him the starting job when Pearce walked.

I guess they wouldn't have tried to recruit every second half in the comp too, Clifford, Brooks, milf, Drinkwater, this young pom half etc