What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Storm

KP clearly saving himself for Rd1. Weird but it's the only explanation for his lack of involvement

Barnett has to be in the front row rotation. His leg speed, foot work and aggression was giving Melb real trouble in the middle

Lucas looks a solid centre back up. Looks like we'll need it with Best yet again getting hurt

Mann is warming to the 13 roll. I'm not 100% convinced yet but he's getting me there

Clifford needs to run, it's always been his best asset

Clune has good vision and footy brain. He needs protection in defence

Fitz was pretty good. I wouldn't be mad if he's our starting left BR

Knight Tales

Juniors
About what we expected today. Clifford is getting better every week. If nothing else this season I’d love to see him make this attack his.

Spot On

Coach
A much better looking side, more organised and better use of the ball, than the corresponding trial last year.

Bit thin in the backs possibly but overall the younger blokes showed a hell of a lot more than this time v Mlb last year.

mozza91

Coach
Was happy with what I saw. Very competitive with a top side. Ponga played in a dinner suit. I’m hoping we have another gear or 2 to go to in attack. Can’t be sure though.

But the defence and commitment were pleasing. Although it means dick if we don’t keep improving in the games that actually matter.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Barnett has to be in the front row rotation. His leg speed, foot work and aggression was giving Melb real trouble in the middle
totally agree, it suits him and the way the game is played now

Mann is warming to the 13 roll. I'm not 100% convinced yet but he's getting me there
"form is temporary class is permanent " " 1 swallow doesnt make a summer "

Fitz was pretty good. I wouldn't be mad if he's our starting left BR
step away from the crack pipe

Johns Magic

Referee
A much better looking side, more organised and better use of the ball, than the corresponding trial last year.

Bit thin in the backs possibly but overall the younger blokes showed a hell of a lot more than this time v Mlb last year.

Agree. And that was with Ponga non-existent.

NAS was the difference between the sides. I’d hope the Saifitis would help even that up.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
When? He won us games on a fair number of occasions last year
He was inconsistent which is why people have issues with him. For a million dollar player he should be quality nearly every week.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the guy because I'm a fan and he is obviously key for us, but you can't deny that he often drifts in and out of games.

He was inconsistent which is why people have issues with him. For a million dollar player he should be quality nearly every week.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the guy because I'm a fan and he is obviously key for us, but you can't deny that he often drifts in and out of games.
Sure, he's inconsistent but today's game, and last week too, he looked like he was deliberately minimising his role in the team. It was not the same

Knight76

Juniors
Geez some negativity in here.

This was just a trial, a chance to get some running in to the legs and have a go. I thought first half being the focal point before we took off most of our NRL talent, we looked very good with the ball.

Have to remember this was without either Saf which is a lot of kegs to lose carting the ball up.

Mann at lock seems to be working well and surprise surprise I think we have found his spot.

I don't know the extent of the influence Joey has had on this structure but first few seasons with OB was one out hitup ad nauseum. Now we are spreading the ball out wide on tackle 3, a player makes a half break and we have support streaming through and follow up plays we get our attacking line moving forward at speed spreading the ball. Rather than the knights of the past few seasons near standing still passing it one player to the next.

In short, we look like an NRL team.

Clune looks to have some thing of a brain and knows what he is doing. Clifford still impresses me and has a wicked fend, seems a natural at taking on the line.

Ponga was quiet sure, but who cares, I don't want Ponga ripping in just for a trial match. He has never been a high workrate player anyway and injects himself in to the attack when he sees something on. I would rather him be more involved sure but we will see what he is doing when it counts.

Young looks like a beast and lacks a bit of experience with Gagai and jus the NRL in general. He will get there I believe, and when he does he could be huge.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I'm worried about about Clune to be honest... I feel like he is the sort of player that rips it apart when our team is dominating but struggles to influence a game when we are on the back foot...

I hope he does play well but not much confidence.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I'm worried about about Clune to be honest... I feel like he is the sort of player that rips it apart when our team is dominating but struggles to influence a game when we are on the back foot...

I hope he does play well but not much confidence.
He’ll be fine.

slotmachine

First Grade
If not Clune, there isn't anyone else.

Crossland in the trials has done a great job of showing why the club doesn't rate him.