What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials on Radio?

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys I just noticed FoxSports News are now showing highlights from the Eels/Tigers trial.

boxhead

First Grade
The highlights looked good, Jarryd's try was a cracker, basically bamboozled the defence and went through untouched.

Robbo's set-up for Horo was good too, and they showed the Hindy intercept! Great stuff.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey guys I just noticed FoxSports News are now showing highlights from the Eels/Tigers trial.

the dissapointing thing is that they didn't show the whole Hindy run, he made kinners look like an idiot on 2 occasions..lol

Morgan looks like a very classy prospect. Some of his touches were really good.

Heard Johnathan Wright had an awesome game for the Dogs hahaha only let in 3 trys.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morgan looks like a very classy prospect. Some of his touches were really good.

Heard Johnathan Wright had an awesome game for the Dogs hahaha only let in 3 trys.

tbh the most pleasing thing was how blokes like Morgs, loko, Allgood, Falcone, Manny and lassalo all stepped up to the plate and showed they belong in that arena, even Manese looks to have worked hard over the off season and developed a second wind in his career.

mrpwnd

Bench
The highlights looked good, Jarryd's try was a cracker, basically bamboozled the defence and went through untouched.

Robbo's set-up for Horo was good too, and they showed the Hindy intercept! Great stuff.
I deadset thought he looked like Hayne for a moment when he grabbed that intercept.

Even after so many years he still brings a few tricks in the bag.

tbh the most pleasing thing was how blokes like Morgs, loko, Allgood, Falcone, Manny and lassalo all stepped up to the plate and showed they belong in that arena, even Manese looks to have worked hard over the off season and developed a second wind in his career.

Yes Lassalo was very good, I think he's def a top 17 player now.

Loko didn't do much IMO as he didn't see much of the ball. He was just stuck out on the wing.

Our strength this year will be our fullback and our forwards.

Our halves of Mortimer and Robson are still not creative enough.

that just pisses me off whats the point of sending a film crew down there and covering the entire game just to get a 2 minute highlight package for the news if you are filming the game then fkn well show it are you a sports channel or what?

Last edited:

TeHEel

Juniors
Yeah I agree, with three dedicated sports channels there is no excuse not to show the trials. Even considering some of the rubbish that is on atm (afl nab cup ffs) I would be happy with delayed coverage.

Stagger eel

Staff member
that just pisses me off whats the point of sending a film crew down there and covering the entire game just to get a 2 minute highlight package for the news if you are filming the game then fkn well show it are you a sports channel or what?

the game is filmed for the purpose of both clubs who get the copies of the game in full, foxsports need to make a decision on what highlights to edit to fit their schedule.