What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Nutz

Bench
Pretty much our full strength team named for trial against Dragon. Bateman is the only player of note that's missing. Is he injured?

I really wasn't impressed with our performance in the warriors game. Half of their round 1 starting 17 weren't playing, 13 on 12 for 50 mins, and we BARELY scraped the win.

Dragons are a complete basket case. I won't accept anything less than a flogging.
In their defense brother It was nearly our best side for a half a game of footy and a lot of new faces playing together for the first time. Training and playing together are two different things.
Ah stop it Nutz, I promised not to go on defending this club..."Get better you knobbers"

Tigerm

First Grade
Team List vs Dragons:

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Justin Olam

4 Starford To'a

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papalii

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

14 Lachlan Galvin

15 Alex Twal

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Sione Fainu

19 Jake Simpkin

20 Heath Mason

21 Alex Lobb

22 Navren Willett

23 Sione Vaihu

24 Solomon Alaimalo

25 Tony Sukkar

26 Justin Matamua

Tigerm

First Grade
Team List vs Dragons:

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Justin Olam

4 Starford To'a

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papalii

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

14 Lachlan Galvin

15 Alex Twal

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Sione Fainu

19 Jake Simpkin

20 Heath Mason

21 Alex Lobb

22 Navren Willett

23 Sione Vaihu

24 Solomon Alaimalo

25 Tony Sukkar

26 Justin Matamua

You would probably think that the first 13, are our likely starting side come R2, barring injuries and suspension.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
John Bateman and Brent Naden still ramping up to return to play post surgery.

Looks like they’re taking extra caution with Latu who had a hamstring injury either side of Xmas.

Josh Feledy picked up a shoulder injury and Declan Casey sitting out post head knock.

Tigerm

First Grade
Thanks Tigerm was was wondering what happened to Bateman and Naden, the team selected is getting close to our best side, although Imo Kepaoa and Tupou are both more rocks than diamonds.
Yeah, so was I, but just came across it.
Agree on Tupou and Kepaoa,
Re: Tupou, I think they have some better prospects now for the wing position, so I don't see him being in the NRL side for long, wouldn't surprise if he is isn't here before the end of the season.
Re: Kepaoa, is a handy utility, but I think they are prepping Galvin and TDS to fill that role.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Re: Tupou, I think they have some better prospects now for the wing position, so I don't see him being in the NRL side for long, wouldn't surprise if he is isn't here before the end of the season.
Re: Kepaoa, is a handy utility, but I think they are prepping Galvin and TDS to fill that role.
Kepaoa is bog average.He wouldn’t make the 17 of any other NRL team.Im motivated to watch this trial for a no. of reasons & primarily to see Galvin.Re TDS I’m astounded he has been selected in this wks sg ball team.It reeks of wests sg ball desperation to win after losing last wk.TDS should be in Mudgee this wk with the big boys.

Nutz

Bench
Agree, Junior is leaving and Solomon only has a one year contract. I'd be peeved off if we have a diamond sitting in koe cup only to have him leave because he can't get a game.
If Solomon Alaimalo and Alex Lobb are our best wingers in form then so be it.
I'm thinking a third trial is in order considering we have a rd1 bye.

Tigerm

First Grade
Agree, Junior is leaving and Solomon only has a one year contract. I'd be peeved off if we have a diamond sitting in koe cup only to have him leave because he can't get a game.
If Solomon Alaimalo and Alex Lobb are our best wingers in form then so be it.
I'm thinking a third trial is in order considering we have a rd1 bye.
But everyone else is playing?
Are you thinking of the possibles vs the probables?
No fighting allowed hahahaha

Nutz

Bench
Ha ha, na could have played earlier like another team did. The "Big" preseason challenge sort of stuffed it somewhat.
The point is our club is rebuilding and 2 trials don't cut it.
Having said that, some of the candidates are playing in the cr so Benji might get a look at their 1st half performance.

Last edited:
Because Rd 1 is basically a split round (LV games 2nd Mar & rest finishing on Sunday 10th, Tigers don't play until 16th Mar so it's either big minutes for the 1st 13 this weekend or an in-house game the following weekend.

Training is not as good as playing.

Nutz

Bench
Because Rd 1 is basically a split round (LV games 2nd Mar & rest finishing on Sunday 10th, Tigers don't play until 16th Mar so it's either big minutes for the 1st 13 this weekend or an in-house game the following weekend.

Exacery

Nutz

Bench
Has anyone in our forum had a chance to watch our lads train I wonder. Is it still hot in Sydney. Is their training conditions tough? The boys seemed gassed last week.

Nutz

Bench
20240221_162609.jpg
I hope Lobb gets some game time along with Alaimalo. I'm already feeling that Junior can be depth. Staines should be one wing Lobb or Alaimalo the other.
Justin Olam and Solomona Faataape look a formidable centre paring, To'a the other.
Nadan, AD looking like being punted.
Our KOE team might be a good one for once.
Just some early thoughts.

WA Tiger

Bench

Good point. Who needs a rest round 1…Id go no game no injuries over game time..let the other teams get injured

Tigerm

First Grade

Bateman, Naden, Galvan, Miller and Casey are all training, so looks like everyone bar Doeuihi, (maybe Miller) should be available for selection R2.

Latest posts