What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tribute to St George Dave McNulty

The Major

Bench
Hey guys. As you may recall, we lost a fellow die hard fan through tragic circumstances late last year by the name of Dave McNulty aka St George Dave.
I just thought it would be befitting his memory this coming game back vs the Sharks at our spiritual home, where i believe his ashes were scattered (?) that we all take a moment to pay our respects to his memory during the game and sing and cheer extra EXTRA loud now that we are a man down. I am certain that all of his dear friends and family will be there to cheer the boys on and we will be with them. Dave would have loved to have been on the hill with us for our homecoming, so one and all, i plead with you to toast atleast one beer to Dave, and most importantly cheer your guts out so they hear us in the heavens! If he's not there with us in body, you betchya he'll be amongst us in spirit!

This victory is for you, St George Dave!

Potsie

Juniors
Classy post Major. Very Classy.

Very tragic circumstances surrounding a loyal dragon army man.

AJ_82

Juniors
Classy post Major. Very Classy.

Very tragic circumstances surrounding a loyal dragon army man.

Agreed - any chance we can get someone with some voice within the club to organise a formal minute of silence or something pre-game? Reckon it would be the best send off for one of the true supporters and recognise how much of his life was devoted to the mighty Red V!!!

P.S. It won't hurt firing up the boys either!

saint-colesy

Juniors
I think i remember seeing a tribute to him at a kogarah game in 07, may be wrong.

If someone doesnt mind telling me, how did we lose him?

None the less i cant wait to get onto the hill with a few beers and and cheer till i drop.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah nice sentiment, great idea. I agree with AJ_82 as well, should get the club to look into a formal minute of silence across the ground

AJ_82

Juniors
I think i remember seeing a tribute to him at a kogarah game in 07, may be wrong.

If someone doesnt mind telling me, how did we lose him?

None the less i cant wait to get onto the hill with a few beers and and cheer till i drop.

If it was, it was a living tribute as he was with us in 2008!
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=211587&highlight=dave+mcnulty
Check out this link mate - plenty of discussion held on this last year!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=211587&highlight=dave+mcnulty

The Major

Bench
Hey guys, can i leave it up to you to fire off an email to the club? I managed to get them to help me out at the charity shield when they announced my wedding anniversary during the 2nd half, so they are pretty accomodating. I just dont have the time to get the ball rolling and see it to fruition at the match. Fire an email to hothothot@dragons.com.au. I think the chicks name is Alicia. Attach a link to the circumstances surrounding St George Dave and maybe a link back to here where they can see the support behind the idea. Just my thoughts. Potsie, Pat, anyone?

Latest posts