What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ah

Agreed, Dinner Ale is the long neck we need atm.

straightens everything up and atm we play thru the middle.
hmm

The way I see it is that DA plays straight as a runner. He hasn't created anything yet has he?

Tricky plays lightly off straight but does have the ability to turn in and disrupt/disconnect defences. I recall one gem of an example in a try he set up for Wilton.

In short, Tricky is a ball player and DA is a runner.

Another ball playing option is always better

Frenzy.

Immortal
The 3rd paragraph is the key earns his spot back.
Play for the Jets and show you want it back.
He will be under pressure to get that spot, that will be the best thing for him actually, he will know he has to put in and no mistakes on or off field.
That will bring the best out of him, adversity does that
Stake, I'm curious how playing for the Jets shows he wants the position back. I'd imagine he's already shown through years of playing second fiddle but staying with the Sharks says he want the position. I imagine the fact he has done everything asked since his mistakes means he wants the position. He probably doesn't need more adversity after the adversity his errors in judgment have already given him. He's put enough pressure on himself already hasn't he?

Inferno

Coach
I don't think he'd need to play for the Jets to earn his spot back, he has earned it. the public naming and shaming in combination of games missed is already punishment enough as far as I'm concerned.

But there could be some merit in him playing some cup just to regain match fitness if we're going to persist with Atko.

Hopefully it will be unnecessary and he will slot straight in with Nicho selected for Origin.

I think Atkinson has been brilliant and well above expectation but the proposition he's likely to be able to maintain his form is probably the triumph of hope over experience.

If we were playing finals tomorrow I'd be slotting Tricky straight back in without batting an eye.

Stake, I'm curious how playing for the Jets shows he wants the position back. I'd imagine he's already shown through years of playing second fiddle but staying with the Sharks says he want the position. I imagine the fact he has done everything asked since his mistakes means he wants the position. He probably doesn't need more adversity after the adversity his errors in judgment have already given him. He's put enough pressure on himself already hasn't he?
I would see it he is putting his hand up to say coach here I am playing for Jets.

I want spot back. He put himself in this position now needs to go out and earn it back

Sharkman

Juniors
DA has been great but you can see it’s not a fluid attack, we’re clunky when his involved. That will come with time for sure.
Not to say Trindall had us humming 100% but there’s a smoothness to his passing and the vision seems better. As in right now.
Despite him being a dumb ass, I’d just say I wouldn’t discount the connection and mateship with all the guys he played with through Jets. There’s a credibility he built up with them, and Fitz.
Based on the culture Fitz seems to be all about, I don’t see him being cast aside. Be on a short leash though and any repeat misstep would see him punted to Jets for sure

Eion

First Grade
So tricky copped to all charges. $1500 fine and 3 month suspension.

NRL issued breach notice giving the club 5 days to respond. As we play before the 5 days is up tricky can play this week.

Next thing is the NRL deciding if the 4 games ‘sit out’ is enough. You’d like to think the NRL and the club have been in talks and it’s all agreed behind closed doors

Tiger Shark

Bench

NRL issued breach notice giving the club 5 days to respond. As we play before the 5 days is up tricky can play this week.

Next thing is the NRL deciding if the 4 games ‘sit out’ is enough. You’d like to think the NRL and the club have been in talks and it’s all agreed behind closed doors
I thought it was 5 games , though does naming him on the extended bench count as sitting out still?

Tend to agree that there’s a lot of communication between club and NRL on this.

Frenzy.

Immortal

The NRL would be kidding to impose a further game suspension after the court has just hit him with a feather. 3 month suspension and $1500 fine for a mid ranger is a fantastic result for Tricky.

blue bags

First Grade
Ok that's fantastic for him
But has he taken care of the main issues. Reasons. Be responsible . Disciplined
Let's hope . Doing the right thing is easy
Doing the wrong things is very hard
Comes down to attitude

Eion

First Grade
The NRL would be kidding to impose a further game suspension after the court has just hit him with a feather. 3 month suspension and $1500 fine for a mid ranger is a fantastic result for Tricky.
Agree. They will likely add a money fine as well though, and a big chunk suspended and I’m ok with that

Eion

First Grade
I thought it was 5 games , though does naming him on the extended bench count as sitting out still?

Tend to agree that there’s a lot of communication between club and NRL on this.
Yeah you’re right, 5 games. The extended bench argument is an interesting one, but I always thought 4 weeks about right anyway.

Special K

Coach
The club has been working with the NRL this entire time and tried to get on the front foot with the stand down. I would guess a money fine but you can't have him play this week for us because we are short then say it is not ok next week and stand him back down.

Latest posts