What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M rumour

Gronk

Staff member
They said that the NRL are about to pounce on an organised game fixing ring involving high profile players, managers and organised crime syndicates.

They say that gallop knows about it but have chosen not to do anything until after the GF.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/player

Gronk

Staff member
Premiership favourites to finishing 12th within 1 year. Seems fishy. :sarcasm:

Daniel Mortimer must be Mr Big then. If there is an investigation into dropped balls then Inu & Mateo are up to their necks in it. :sarcasm:

Snoochies

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne Dally M winner one year to not even be in contention the next. Guilty as charged.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Ugh! The Triple M Rumour Mill

My brothers ex girlfriends 2nd couison on his mothers sides best friend was working as a cleaner and one night he heard blah blah blah

What Crap.

parra_jesus

Juniors
if the players involed in these "match fixing" are contracted to teams still in the hunt for the premiership. gallop has to name and shame now. if they are apart of teams not taking place in the finals , then it doesnt really matter. because i sure as hell wished those useless f**ktards down at nrl headquarters found out about the whole Melbourne salary cap rort prior to the gf.... the Muppet probably had a tip off then as well , but chose to wait until the next year to investigate more.

Bigfella

Coach
Tahu and cayless have dropped more balls at crucial times than kamran akhmal and herschell Gibbs.

We should be above suspicion though. Who would need to pay us to be crap?

if there is any truth to this the nrl must act NOW if as the rumor suggests they know about it and are waiting till after the grand final its a big mistake and hypothetically if some of those involved in matchfixing are in teams playing in the finals there will be a massive backlash god can you imagine if someone rigged the gf it would be the end of the nrl
(mods i know im sailing close to the wind here but i said 'if' four times that should cover me lol)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if there is any truth to this the nrl must act NOW if as the rumor suggests they know about it and are waiting till after the grand final its a big mistake and hypothetically if some of those involved in matchfixing are in teams playing in the finals there will be a massive backlash god can you imagine if someone rigged the gf it would be the end of the nrl
(mods i know im sailing close to the wind here but i said 'if' four times that should cover me lol)

no problems, the important thing is not to implicate anyone with unsubstantiated allegations

Binga

Juniors
I remeber a few weeks back on the footy show when it was announced that the police were investigating illegal gambling on NRL matches, they had a guy from sportsbet on the panel, who basically said the same thing. Said that there would be a big announcement by the NRL after the grand final

Binga

Juniors
I remeber a few weeks back on the footy show when it was announced that the police were investigating illegal gambling on NRL matches, they had a guy from sportsbet on the panel, who basically said the same thing. Said that there would be a big announcement by the NRL after the grand final

Well, when the laws relaxed the rules on betting - no wonder something like this would happen. Betting ads everywhere, at the ground, all through the game. I'm sorry but when betting is so prominent in advertising in the game (and hence a source of income for clubs), I can't say I am not surprised.