What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M rumour

Well, let me ask this:

Firstly, Ayoub has now been mentioned so we can mention him in our posts, yes? If not, my apologies and total understanding for a quick removal of this post.

Ayoub is Tandy's manager so there is some level of acceptability that if Tandy was involved then Ayoud could possibly have been.

He is seen making a bet on the kick for goal.

Now, if Ayoub has no history of making such bets and then all of a sudden is placing a decent amount of money on a play that directly involves his client (twice) then wouldn't this be grounds for acceptable suspicion?

If Saleh, a former teammate and current housemate of Tandy is seen to be doing the same without having a history of such actions then wouldn't this also be grounds for acceptable suspicion?

Now from what I have been hearing this is supposed to go well beyond those three linked people and I'm not too sure if the full extent of the texts and emails will be accurate. However, to completely dismiss it all as a furphy is going a bit too far at present, I think.

I certainly hope that there is absolutely nothing to it but there are a few dots in play that appear to have a logical foundation for being joined together.

Gronk

Staff member
It's not a myth. Gallop got that racing steward in to investigate. He did that and found enough to put in the hands of the cops.

It won't heppen over night, but it will heppen.

i really hope theres no truth to this we thought the storm saga was a blight on the game but it will have nothing on players being banned for life

Suitman

Post Whore
i really hope theres no truth to this we thought the storm saga was a blight on the game but it will have nothing on players being banned for life

From rugby league.
Nothing to stop them playing rugby in Japan or France, and earning a tidy sum there.

Suity

Snoochies

First Grade
I don't know too much about betting but since the betting was about first points being a penalty goal , and that did not happen, have they commited anything at all, or is it the lesser of 2 evils. If the first points were from a penalty, am I right in saying sh*t would hit the fan.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't know too much about betting but since the betting was about first points being a penalty goal , and that did not happen, have they commited anything at all, or is it the lesser of 2 evils. If the first points were from a penalty, am I right in saying sh*t would hit the fan.

Conspiracy to commit a crime can send you to the big house too.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...gation-continues/story-e6frep5x-1225932536330
Betting probe emails exposed as bogus by NRL as Cowboys-Bulldogs investigation continues

* Peter Badel
* October 01, 2010 12:00AM

THE National Rugby League has labelled a slew of electronic material linked to the alleged Cowboys-Bulldogs betting plunge as "bogus" and dismissed rumours it would issue life bans to perpetrators 24 hours after the grand final.

NRL operations chief Graham Annesley dismissed the texts and emails and scuppered suggestions the governing body was set to rock the code by issuing life bans.

"There is nothing to it as far as we know in relation to all the allegations that are in those texts and emails," he said.

The continuing police investigation into suspicious betting activity on the round-24 clash has sparked a torrent of damaging text messages and emails that are sweeping the rugby league industry.

Almost identical in content, the viral texts and emails claim up to eight people - including three Cowboys players - are facing fines or life bans for their alleged involvement in an attempted sting on the North Queensland-Bulldogs match.

Courier-Mail staff have in the past fortnight been swamped with an unprecedented number of allegations, most highly defamatory to players and other league identities.

One text message sent to The Courier-Mail reads in part: "Hot off the press boys, 6 players and 1 manager will get a life ban on Monday for match-fixing in the NRL ... 3 from Cowboys, 2 Bulldogs and a Storm player."

The message then reveals the identity of seven individuals. For legal reasons, the names cannot be published.

The content has become so widely circulated that it is believed to be factual.

NSW State Crime Command detectives have obtained the material and there were suggestions the code was bracing for the NRL and police to deliver its findings the day after the Roosters-Dragons grand final.

But Annesley said the NRL had not discussed handing out life bans on Monday.

"The fact the (email) says we're going to hand out life bans after the grand final just demonstrates that the email is completely bogus. It's simply not true," he said.

"What I can absolutely guarantee you is that we've had no internal discussions about any action whatsoever because we don't know what the police are going to find.

"Until we get something back from the police, either that they are doing something or doing nothing, we're not in a position to discuss any internal action."

Annesley said he was well aware of the emails. "It's a sign of the times, these viral emails spread like wildfire," he said.

"Where did it start from? Who knows, but it certainly hasn't come from anyone who knows anything. Until the police hand down their finding, we're all in the dark."

As revealed by The Courier-Mail a fortnight ago, police investigators have identified persons of interest in the NRL betting saga.

Detectives will begin quizzing Cowboys players, but it is understood many will be interviewed as potential witnesses rather than key suspects.

Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy, who has tabled a report to the NRL, said he was also aware of the electronic gossip surrounding the probe.

"I've seen the texts but until the police make some announcement I'm not sure where these rumours can take you."

Asked if the names in the texts and email were accurate, Murrihy said: "I'm not prepared to say who is or isn't involved."

Glenn

First Grade
Of course nothing is going to be admitted in the lead up to the Grand Final.
If anything does come of this the next few weeks will be ineteresting.

Glenn

First Grade
errrr the police are in charge, not the NRL

they couldn't give a f**k about the GF

Refering to the opening two lines, not about the ongoing police investigation

THE National Rugby League has labelled a slew of electronic material linked to the alleged Cowboys-Bulldogs betting plunge as "bogus" and dismissed rumours it would issue life bans to perpetrators 24 hours after the grand final.

Glenn

First Grade
My point should be obvious, but will try and simplify it for you.

Of course the NRL are not going to admit to anything that would take away from the coverage of the Grand Final.
Not saying the e-mails have some substance behind them however if there is substance to them, the off season will be all the more interesting. ;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
Why can't it just be as the NRL and cops have stated, what is this need to find intrigue and conspiracy behind everything?

Latest posts