What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M rumour

Haynzy

First Grade
:lol:...and he's a bass player!

you're so biased! :D

Who me????

Bass players see the big picture cos they're used to listening to everything and tying it all together...that's why they are some of the best songwriters...Paul McCartney, John Entwhistle and Sting, the best of them all. :D

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Who me????

Bass players see the big picture cos they're used to listening to everything and tying it all together...that's why they are some of the best songwriters...Paul McCartney, John Entwhistle and Sting, the best of them all. :D

yeah yeah...

hey wasn't Sid Viscious a bass player? :D

Haynzy

First Grade
Don't worry mate, your secret's safe with me...... Hmmmmm maybe I could start a rumour thread.

Gronk

Staff member
Police ID three in NRL bet inquiry into Bulldogs-North Queensland match

By Peter Badel
September 23, 2010 Crime authorities have identified persons of interest in the NRL betting plunge as the net closes on the architects of the mysterious scheme that has sparked a police probe.
Investigations into suspicious betting activity surrounding the Canterbury-Bankstown-North Queensland Cowboys clash in round 24 took a fresh twist on Wednesday when NSW police moved to quell reports an outcome was imminent.
However new facts have surfaced in the investigation, including:
* Three Cowboys players have been named in material obtained by NSW State Crime Command detectives.
* A series of bets for the Cowboys to kick the first penalty goal of the match were placed in two north Queensland locations, including a Townsville-based club.
* Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy, who has tabled a report to the NRL, revealed he was able to identify individuals captured on CCTV footage placing bets at a TAB outlet.
* Money directly linked to the Cowboys-Bulldogs plunge extended to New Zealand.
A top-level police source said detectives had identified persons of interest.
The insider would not confirm if the suspects were NRL players, but crime detectives have received a text message containing allegations made against eight individuals.
Three are players contracted to the Cowboys, although club football operations chief Peter Parr has vehemently denied anyone at the club was involved in the betting plunge last month.
Murrihy said he identified individuals from closed-circuit footage. The footage reportedly features a retired league player, who has denied any involvement in the plunge.
Asked if NRL players are involved, Murrihy said: "I won't go down that track. What I will say is the betting requires some deeper investigation. We were able to identify a number and the remaining ones I'd suspect the police would identify them."

A Sydney radio station published the text message on its website on Wednesday, blanking out the names of those allegedly involved.

Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr declined to comment on the allegations against his players given the betting scandal is the subject of a police investigation.

"The game has been referred to the police by the NRL," Parr said.

"As a result of that, I can't comment on anything at all."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27746171-23214,00.html

ianlovesparra

Juniors
OK so its cowboys players. Reports by people on here say they are all linked in a way, so are all 3 players managed by the one person? I think this may be the link.

franklin2323

Immortal
I requested a PM yesterday morning ... i have yet to receive one.
So if anyone is willing to PM me I will most appreciative

I know of the 4 names mentioned in that text on the show. None are Parra players although I heard 8 are under investagation so there could be some there. PM if you want who I have

mrpwnd

Bench
I know of the 4 names mentioned in that text on the show. None are Parra players although I heard 8 are under investagation so there could be some there. PM if you want who I have
I don't think Parra gave any games away for the sake of a gambling scheme.

I'm completely convinced that it's because we just sucked this year.