What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple Ms Top 1000

Gday mate, i was almost going to let your return to the board pass with comment until you knocked Everclear!

Santa Monica....oh my God, thats a top song mate! Your kidding!

Yeh, the best Pearl Jam song is Black and hopefully that will get a run. Present Tense is a close second as well

Cheers,
Moffo

imported_bronco

Juniors
Sorry but I can't tolerate Everclear, terrible stuff. I'm not going to waste my time argueing with someone who puts don't speak in their top 20 ;).

Dont speakkkkkkkkkkkkk...i know what your thinking, and i dont need your reasons, i know your good, i know your real gooodddd

You and I, used to be together, every night together...........

lol

Moffo

imported_bronco

Juniors
You missed out "Don't tell me 'cause it hurts", if your going to listen to bad music at least study how low it actually takes itself ;).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's Triple M right?
Anything from Billy Joel...
emcry.gif

Hey... g'day Bronco. :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
EA:
"The more I read it, the more pissed off I get lol

No Cheap Trick?

No T-Rex ?

Goddam hippies."

Mate, that is an insult to hippies everywhere....

No Clash, No Radio Birdman... not even The Saints... :)

imported_bronco

Juniors
G'day willow

But wait theres more......only one Black Sabbath song? Yet Alien Ant farm and Tenacious D make the list? The more I go over this thing the more laughable it gets.

For example I stop on the list at Kashmir by Led Zeppelin and look down to see songs like The dolphins cry by live, No reason by Grinspoon, Too bad by Nickleback, My Sacrifice by Creedand Peaches by Presidents of the USA rated ahead of it.

Also 129 We will rock you/We are the champions by Queen. Why the hell would they class them as one song? To my knowledge they have always been seperate songs. Sorry but I got one more laugh when I looked below to see First Date by Blink 182 at 128 ranked ahead of those two songs still.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Willow, I'm a fan of 70's British Rock and Roll, look at the other names, there's a pattern. ;)I'd have given Status Quo, Slade, T-Rex and Cheap Trick a run before 2/3 of the crap on that list.

Bronco, I was on the phone to my girlfriend this afternoon trying to work out some of the 20 songs left to go, hence #15 - #18. She was pretty flummoxed by Tool's non appearance too, they are definately a brilliant band. I've got 2 of their Albums (one taped by her) and although they are an acquired taste for someone of my vintage, I have to agree with her and yourself.

To whoever gives a stuff, I hate that don't think song. It blows Goats.

The only good thing about that list is they saw fit to not class anything by Savage Garden as Rock.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well your girlfriend has good taste in music, you picked a winner there ;).

The more I think about it the more I'm pissed off Tool aren't on this list and theres no way they'll be in the top 20. You'd expect Schism or Parabola from Lateralus to at least being there. After all the Lateralus album debuted at number one on the billboard chart which is a pretty big effort considering how these pop artists sell these days. It didn't drop in the charts like a lead balloon either managing to stay in the top 10 for a while. Also Schism took out the grammy and not to mention Toolwas one of the better bands of the 90's, certainly worthy of a song in the top 1000.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
EA:
I knewfirst recognised the passage of time when about 5 years ago I played a T-Rex record to an 11 year old whiz kid who had never heard of the band... he had no idea who Marc Boland was. It was all new to him.

For the 'record', he liked what he heard and I loaned him my T-Rex double album - I asked for it back but he never returned it. lol.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Bronco, she has great taste, period. ;)

The first time I heard Tool was from a tape she did for me to, as she put it, bring my musical taste out of the '70's. The first song I heard was Forty Six and Two and then Aenema (the learn to swim song?). Loved them. Since then I've bought Lateralus and I've become a fan as well.

Willow, I have a bootleg CD of T-Rex from a concert a couple of months before he carked it. It's shit. lol But I have the best of CD and it's damn good. Metal Guru is my favourite from it. At 11 on the stereo, it really kicks. (11 is better than 10)

My kids hate me playing my music, but I know they really do like it, it's just not cool to like the stuff your old man listens to. You should have seen their faces when I told them I liked Limp Bizkit and Korn, you'd have thought the World was ending.

imported_bronco

Juniors
She obviously taped the Aenima album for you, which is their second best behind Lateralus. Two great albums with quite different styles due quite alot to the 5 year break between. I had totally forgotten about the Aenima song, that should've got a mention on the top 1000 list as well, I love the line "f**k L Ron Hubbard and f**k all his clones".

A few changes

1.Voodoo Child - Jimmy Hendrix
2.Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3.Rock and Roll all nite - KISS
4.Alive - Pearl Jam
5.You shook me all night long AC/DC
6.Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd
7.Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
8.Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 9.Metallica - Unforgiven/One (cant pick one, prolly unforgiven)
10.Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
11.Offspring - Self-Esteem
12.No Doubt - Don't Speak
13.Greenday - Time of your life
14.Nickelback - First song, whatever that was as well
15.Pearl Jam - Black
16.One - U2
17.Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
18.Killing Heidi - Some shit (probably there first song, cant remember it)
19.Aerosmith/Run DMC - Walk this Way
20. Light My Fire - Doors

I think Smashing Pumpkins should be there as well, but all their songs are on the list. Another Joke! Id be guessing we have got near 17-18 of the final 20 songs there

Cheers,
Moffo

L

legend

Moffo. One by U2 is outside the top 20 so you can scratch that one off your list and replace itwith Bon Jovi's "It's my life".

L

legend

Moffo, both Weir and Mascara by Killing Heidi are also listed outside the top 20. I'll take a punt and say Lynard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama" will make the top 20.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
ok, I'll have a crack at the top 20. I've got 15 and working on the other 5.

Black Knight - Deep Purple
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Voodoo Chile - Jimmy Hendrix
Alive - Pearl Jam
You shook me all night long AC/DC
Light my Fire - Doors
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf
Cheap Wine - Cold Chisel
Don't stand so close to me - Police
Walk this Way - Aerosmith/Run DMC
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

L

legend

EA, throw in Rock and Roll all nite by KISS. It's a sure thing and may well be top five material.

OK then, lets rework it again

1.Voodoo Child - Jimmy Hendrix
2.Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3.Rock and Roll all nite - KISS
4.Alive - Pearl Jam
5.You shook me all night long AC/DC
6.Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd
7.Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
8.Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 9.Metallica - Unforgiven/One (cant pick one, prolly unforgiven)
10.Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
11.Offspring - Self-Esteem
12.No Doubt - Don't Speak
13.Greenday - Time of your life
14.Nickelback - First song, whatever that was
15.Pearl Jam - Black
16.Cold Chisel - Cheap Wine
17.Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
18.Bob Dylan - Hurricane
19.Aerosmith/Run DMC - Walk this Way
20. Light My Fire - Doors

Moffo