What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble kicking?

starrman

Juniors
Please help!

Started playing NRL2 last week, playing in seasoned mode & can't get kicking down pat?

I use a logitech controller & punt is button 2, everytime I press this the line comes up with max metreage of 32m?

Any tips out there how to get distance in kicks downfield?

Many thanks

Eelementary

Post Whore
All I can say is make sure the correct player is kicking it, make sure he's motionless and just boot the hell out of it...

strewth_mate

Bench
I suppose also make sure you're not just pressing 'kick' and aiming, you've got to use the direction controls to put power behind it too. Though I haven't played RL2, I don't know if it's changed. Stab in the dark.

starrman

Juniors
If kicking is easy, please confirm how the directional contorls impact length as seriously ain't getting more than max of 32m out of down town last tackle kicks.....and that sh$ts this Bulldog supporter, just got mauled by the Roosters due to poor kicking game...........pls advise!

strewth_mate

Bench
Well whenever I kick in free play I hold down the punt button then the 'up' direction to kick it longer, only letting go of 'kick' after the arrow is at its longest. That's all I can think of. Plus if you kick before the last tackle it'll get more distance on the bounce because there might not be anyone back to catch it on the full.

mcbulldog

Juniors
do what strewth mate said but try to aim it while you do this (for 40/20's or for touch)...i think you can only get a max of 48m on the kicking arrow...but it could be more

FinalSolution

Juniors
mcbulldog said:
do what strewth mate said but try to aim it while you do this (for 40/20's or for touch)...i think you can only get a max of 48m on the kicking arrow...but it could be more

Yeah 48 meters the max that I've seen

Only kick on third or fourth tackle. That's when theres the least pressure from opposition players, and there are no wingers dropped back to mark the sidelines. Thats teh best oppertunity for a 40/20 or a long distance touch finder, for a defensive scrum.