What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True about Blacklock to Hull?

Cuchullain

Juniors
Is it true that Nathan is going to Hull in ESL?

I know he's not done much this season, for one reason or another, but on past performances he would be a big coup for Hull IMO

would he be a loss?

drake

First Grade
Hound of Culain, I haven't seen anything about Tingha going to Hull, or anywhere else. There are rumours saying he'll be released, but I've heard other people saying all's well.
He would be a big coup for any team when he's on his game.
And yes he'd be a great loss IMO.

Sometimes it seems Pauline Hanson or David Oldfield are managing our playing roster.

Wobbygong

First Grade
On the official Hull FC website, it says: look here tomorrow morning for major signing announcement. Check for yourselves, if you don't believe me!!!!

Blacklock could be the major announcement!

Collateral

Coach
Another player who past achievments think that will keep him in first grade...football is about today and tomorrow, not yesterday.
Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.

Youngquest, Niaqama and Greenshields offer a lot more at this stage of the game imo.

Simon

Juniors
Check out Hull's forum. They seem to think it's a done deal. I don't think the quite understand the type of player they're getting. One fan described him as super quick, quicker then Darren Albert. He's got decent pace but he's not quick. Anyway looks like Blacklock is gone. Time to move on, he was one of my favorite players to watch when scoring spectacular tries. I only wish he got to play Origin. Hers's the link to the hull message board.

http://www.rlfans.com/boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108668&sid=490451f50372ab0e1e9d4251cfc955ab

Jabs

Juniors
Yes I did and I don't agree.
He was very close to getting back into form (see game vs Roosters) but Injuries have ruined him.

dragonfly

Bench
Maybe its one of those rugby style contracts. You know the one's

"Go and have your fun and when your ready to come back our doors are wide open for you".

This is a sad day but a forward step. At least we know what he is doing. Leaving the club is one thing , but dragging things out is another. Stevie Wonder could see that Tingha was not happy, so it is best for the Club he goes.

Now maybe it is pin the ears back and get back to his old form and score some tries.

Did anyone hear how much $$$$$

I just posted this on another forum as well but i really believe it is a positive...

chico's nose

Juniors
Hull F.C have now also confirmed it, although it is not up on the web site yet. He has signed a 2 year contract and says he is looking forward to coming over to the U.K. What do you guys think will he be a success in super league?.

I think both clubs should be happy with who they are getting, you are getting Best who will be wanting to prove people in oz wrong. He has been very good in his 2 seasons here at Hull and I think he will be a success in the NRL although I think rep honours could be a bit far off. We are getting Blacklock who's experience and knowledge should make him one of the top try scorers in our comp. I am also excited that he will be helping to mould a young up and coming winger we already have at the club in Barrnet jnr. Hope both players do well for their new clubs. 8)

Jamesy

Juniors
Settle down guys. This means the end of an era :(

140 GAMES
118 TRIES
14 GOALS
500 POINTS and a million memories.

We'll miss ya mate. Good luck at Hull.

Simon

Juniors
www.hullfc.com

Blacklock Seals Two Year Deal

Hull FC is delighted to announce the signing of St George Illawara star winger Nathan Blacklock on a two year contract.

28 year-old Blacklock will join the club for Super League X and comes with a superb scoring record in the NRL. The Australian has amassed an impressive 500 points in his nine year career down under. He has made a total of 140 appearances for both Sydney City and St George scoring an amazing 112 tries in the process.

Blacklock has also made two Test appearances for the Green and Golds and topped the try scoring charts in the NRL for three consecutive years. This is a very high profile signing for the Black and Whites and makes up the club's quota for the 2005 Super League season joining current hooker Richard Swain and new signing Stephen Kearney.

Blacklock said: “I'm really looking forward to coming over to England and playing with Hull FC in a strong English competition.”

“I've been watching and monitoring the progress of Hull FC throughout the season and they've been going very well.

“I've been impressed with their half-back combination of Richard Horne and Paul Cooke and also Shaun Briscoe at fullback.” Blacklock added.

Hull FC's head coach for 2005 John Kear said: “Following on from the recent capture of Stephen Kearney this is further indication of the intent of Hull FC to further establish ourselves amongst the elite of British Rugby League.

“The signing of Nathan is a very exciting one for all concerned and his try scoring record has been second to none in recent years down under.

“I'm sure he will contribute greatly with our offensive work at the KC Stadium and become a new hero for the Hull FC ‘Faithful'.”

aussie_londoner

Juniors
i am not to dissapointed that he is moving on, sure it will be sad to see him go, but he is injury prone, and we have plenty of great young palyers who can now step up, as well as we now have best.

i think if he stayed he would just be doing a peachy... delaying the inevitable

Anonymous

Juniors
DevoutDragon said:
i am not to dissapointed that he is moving on, sure it will be sad to see him go, but he is injury prone, and we have plenty of great young palyers who can now step up, as well as we now have best.

i think if he stayed he would just be doing a peachy... delaying the inevitable
Injury prone? Dare I say, what a load of rubbish. :roll:
He didnt miss a game for something like 4 or 5 years.
His first injury was in 2002. His second injury was this year.

Latest posts