What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try of the Week, Rd 4

Try of the Week?

• Eric Grothe

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • David Faiumu

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Paul Mellor

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Anthony Minichiello

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Matt Orford

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Adam Mogg

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Luke Lewis

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • David Howell

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Manu Vatuvei

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Shane Elford (1st try, ie, backline movement)

• Daniel Fitzhenry (3rd try, ie, flick pass from Collis)

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Ryan Hoffman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kris_man

Bench
Ok guys, I'm hoping to make this a weekly feature. It's pretty self-explanatory - just vote for your favourite try of the week! (the tries being pretty easy to check out thanks to Bigpond Video on NRL.com). If it's a popular thread, we'll put all the winners together at the end of the season for the inaugral "Try of the Year"!

This week I've included a lot of nominations, combining champagne football tries with thrilling tries, ie, tries that put the game into Golden Point, or that win a match. Hopefully from now on, though, I'll start the thread earlier and people can nominate as the games progress, and only the most popular ones will be put up.

My vote, to kick things off, goes to Eric Grothe.

tye

Juniors
Lance Thompsons 1st in the Sharks colours just before 1/2 time. "A Ripper"

Y2Eel

First Grade
willvillain said:
Has to be Mini's try. Soliola's pass was freakish and then the no-look from Flannery. Great try.

no look from roberts.. thats was a great try...

Lego_Man

First Grade
OK, as long as you take the blatantly self-promoting "Kris_Man's" out of the thread title and rename it simply "Try of the Week". If everyone is voting on it, it's no longer your try of the week.

willvillain

Juniors
Y2Eel said:

The no look was definately from Flannery, who popped it over the shoulder TO Roberts, who then threw the final pass to Mini.

Kris_man

Bench
Lego_Man said:
OK, as long as you take the blatantly self-promoting "Kris_Man's" out of the thread title and rename it simply "Try of the Week". If everyone is voting on it, it's no longer your try of the week.
:lol::lol: It's supposed to be light-hearted, but yeah, point taken! "Try of the Week" isn't good enough though either, imo, it's too generic. Maybe just "LU Try of the Week", but I'm not an official LU rep so I'm not sure if I could do that.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Yeah LU try of the week would work, since every member of LU has an opportunity to vote on it.

sydraider

First Grade
Have to vote for howell for the pure fact, I still cant believe he scored it :lol:

Grothes was a ripper, more for the fact, the sheer pace he was travelling at, you had sing and bowen unable to even get near him, thats no mean feat.

innsaneink

Referee
Y2Eel said:
willvillain said:
Has to be Mini's try. Soliola's pass was freakish and then the no-look from Flannery. Great try.
LOL...you dont even have to try, do you? :lol:

Cooper Cronks in the 80th minute....they knew it was worth sh*t.:D

Azkatro

First Grade
I'm with Twizzle - I was at the game sitting in the Northern stand (the direction the Cowboys ran towards in the first half) and had the pleasure of watching this man tear away up the sideline. Sitting there in Parra stadium, in my Cowboys jersey, gee it was something special to watch that moment before me.

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:
LOL...you dont even have to try, do you? :lol:

Cooper Cronks in the 80th minute....they knew it was worth sh*t.:D

seems not to get your attention

troll.jpg

KevinArnold

Juniors
Guru Junior.

Any time he touches the ball, theres always an anticipation of something happening. It was just aweseome to watch.

Latest posts