What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try of the year?

Parra Pride

Referee
I thought Manly's first last week was a cracker. Foran under the sticks after a cross lick from Lyon. All started by DCE

Good stuff........

but Johnson's as an individual effort/brilliance......hard to beat

I love a good cross lick too....

afinalsin666

First Grade
One of my favorite tries this year was Panthers v... someone. Raiders? Anyway, the try on the 80th minute, shift to the right, shift back left, Micheal Jennings stepping, stepping, grubber, Lachlan Coote tries. I think that either won that for them, or it went to golden point because of it.

Manly v Broncs, with the Stewart pick up was off the chain. Agree on Johnsons solo effort, was magic. KFFL has had a few great flying put downs.

But hands down, the best try this year, was George Rose, charging over v the Bulldogs.

RABK

Referee
Manly try involving freak skill by Snake to put Cherry-Evans in under the posts.

RABK

Referee
That Barba try isn't even a try! How the f**k was that awarded. He CLEARLY touches the corner post before grounding the ball.

firechild

First Grade
That Barba try isn't even a try! How the f**k was that awarded. He CLEARLY touches the corner post before grounding the ball.

Corner posts don't come into it anymore. You can roundhouse kick the corner post before putting the ball down and it's still a try.

carcharias

Immortal
if barba had done that in the middle of the ground it would have been a knock on.

not saying it was a knock on ...but the ref would have called it a knock on.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Two of my favourites this year:

Shaun Johnson Vs Brisbane

And the Roosters try Vs Manly, even when the game was gone, they pulled off an amazing try.

derp

Juniors
When did it come in, was overseas for 18 of the last 24 months.

I thought it was the beginning of this season.

NRL Wed, Jun 02, 2010 - 5:00 PM

The National Rugby League Board has agreed to an immediate rule change that will see corner posts no longer treated as ‘touch-in-goal’ in circumstances where a player comes into contact with them.

Under the amendment approved by the RLIF as an experimental rule:

1. If a ball carrier makes contact with the corner post he will not be deemed to be out of play unless any part of his body has made contact with either the touch-line or touch-in-goal line, or the ground beyond the touch line or touch-in-goal line

2. If the ball is not in possession of a player and it makes contact with the corner post (e.g. from a kick) the ball will be deemed to be touch-in-goal as per the existing rule.

3. All other rules relating to the corner post and restarts of play remain unchanged.

http://www.nrl.com/tabid/10871/newsId/58898/Default.aspx

dogslife

Coach
if barba had done that in the middle of the ground it would have been a knock on.

not saying it was a knock on ...but the ref would have called it a knock on.

Are you referring to Barba's effort against the Eels or the Knights? In any case I'm trying to imagine a situation where'd you'd even want to do that in the middle of the field anyway:sarcasm: