What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUAMAN

El Duque,
To compare and calaulateones height and weight (Body Max Index),in comparisons to how much lean body mass (muscle, bones and organs)they carry, is not a valid or any longer an acceptable means of measuring how overweight or not a person is.
The Body Max Index (BMI), that you unknowingly mentioned/referred to,in your above post with the height and weight comparison of one individual to another,is not at all, or very rarely used ... simply because it's no longer anaccurate means of proper bodyfat to lean mass measurement.
It's not at all uncommonbe 6ft 2in and weigh 95kg and carry 28% body fat,in comparisonfor a 5ft 9in man to weigh 115kg and measure in at only8% body fat.
I'm sorry for intruding .. I just wanted to clear it up.

El Duque

Bench
Point taken Whiskey Priest but if you saw Chris Byrd(Ozbash hasn't)who won Bronze as a middleweight at the Olympics and started his pro career at 169lbs you would have to be a moron to call him a lard ass.

I haven't seen or heard of the aforementioned boxer, butI will taker your word for it El Duque.
Maybe someone can post a picture of him up on this discussion.

El Duque

Bench
Byrd-Wladimir-Waage-S.jpg
The guy on the left don't look too fat eh?

O

ozbash

he looks like a middleweight,bit light, bit green
easy meat for our man david "the terminator" tua.
ko, rd 5.
bye bye byrdy

El Duque

Bench
Make your mind up.
1st you say he's a lard arse now you think he looks like s a middleleweight.
Did stupidity come naturally or was it something you worked on?

O

ozbash

well if you look at the article i pasted, he does look very podgy,unfit and ready for tua's left hook.
he,s a nobody, he,s a rung on tua's ladder to the world title.
ko. rd 5
bye bye byrdy

Garbage

Juniors
any boxing fans out there who have heard of a brazilian by the name of vitor belfort? i have seen a few of his no holds barred mixed martial arts fights and he has very quick hands. i heard that he was going to try his hand at boxing but don't know if it was just a rumor. does anyone follow the ufc or pride or .......???

O

ozbash

sky tv are showing a lot of cage fights at the moment. its pay per veiw so i havnt actully seen any yet. but ,no, i havnt heard of the guy you are talking about.
the mixed martial arts is getting very big overseas.

BTW el duke,nice pics. who is the skinny guy ??

El Duque

Bench
I'm not too sure if you are being sarcastic there or not Ozbash but anyways those are pics from when Chris Byrd beat Vitali Klitschko for the WBO Heavy title.

O

ozbash

il douque, i am never sarcastic and i always tell the truth.

just thought i would dig this thread up so its handy for you, when you concede defeat and admit that the terminator is going to be the next champion of the world.

GO TUA.

O

ozbash

<span>Tua - trim and terrific!! </span>
<span></span>
Tua0816.jpg
August 16, 2001 – Exclusive by Wayne McCullough: At the final media workout, held at David Tua's extensive training compound yesterday, promoter Dan Goossen said that Tua was ferocious, active and throwing more punches, thanks to his trainer Joe Goossen. He feels that Byrd is dangerous, in an elusive sort of way, and confirmed that he is a boxer that no-one would voluntarily want to fight. Dan commended Tua for taking this fight and declared that Tua can beat the winner of the upcoming Rahman vs Lewis bout. Tua is not looking past Saturday night, but should that fight take place, Dan mentioned that this was slated for April 21, 2002. Tua has trained 10 full weeks in Las Vegas. He has sparred over 100 rounds and undergone 1,200 rounds of gym work. Joe Goossen has helped Tua immensely by keeping his hands near his face, speeding him up and his combination work is now phenomenal. Tua has been doing two hour training sessions, four days per week with Tom Wilson, who has worked with the Anaheim Angels and many more top sporting names. Wilson's company have also worked with quarterback Brett Farve. His focus for Tua has been on strength training, stability and flexibility. Twice a week Tua is submerged in an ICE BATH!! This is a bathtub half-filled with cold water and chilled down with large blocks of ice two hours beforehand. Twenty minutes before Tua gets into the tub, 40 bags of crushed ice are added. The purpose of this is to burn bodyfat by converting it to heat to keep the body warm. It also increases the blood flow through the muscle tissue. The ice bath helps the recovery from exercise by 35% and helps the body rid itself of lactic acid, which can cause muscle soreness and cramping. His first ice bath session lasted 47 seconds - but he can now stay in there for 15 minutes!! He gets two-hour weekly massages and twice-weekly therapy sessions from Scott Hurd, who works in conjunction with Keith Kleven, whose clientele include Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson and Michael Jordan. These massage sessions are designed to open up Tua's right hand side giving him a fuller range of motion and the ability to land the right hand with maximum power. Tua's nutrition is supervised by Rob Crandall. Personal chef Billy Stratham prepares six meals per day, the first at 7am and the last at 10pm. In between Tua drinks electrolyte drinks at gym sessions and after the gym he drinks protein drinks. He is evaluated daily to make sure he is getting the correct nutrients in his diet to reduce fat and increase strength and stamina. Maybe it is because of his strict regime, but I believe that Tua is in the best shape of his life. He has worked extremely hard for this fight and knows that this "WAR" is very important. Looking in his eyes, fighter to fighter, I see the hunger and desire to be a world champion. After the press had left the compound, I sat with Tua talking about every day life and the possibility of being on the same card together - what an honor that would be for me. Fighters like to conceal their body until fight time especially when they have something to be proud of. Tua does!!! While talking to him, he removed his shirt and I was totally impressed. At Friday's weigh-in, he is going to weigh lighter than he has done in the past four years and everyone will be surprised at his physique. I anticipate Tua being the undisputed champion of the world and an all-time great. Saturday will be one step in the right direction.

El Duque

Bench
I'lladmit defeat should it happen,I just hope you don't delete this thread should your boy lose
emsmilep.gif

As long as Tua is in the ring he always has a punchers chance.
No mstter who wins neither will go on to become a champ unless thet are handed a belt.Wladimir Klitschko future undisputed heavy champ.

I'm with you on this one Ozbash. I think Tua is going to to take it to Chris Byrd.He will literally pommel him into the Canvas. Tua will go in in a controlled frenzy and will wreck Havoc on Byrd. Byrd will not know what it him...

Latest posts