What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Tui Kamikamica charged after hotel incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Look at the historical homicide rate. It is currently a fraction of what it was a few decades ago. And two thirds of murder victims are male anyway.

This is context I wish we heard for every DV story AND every fatal car accident. The way the media blow these up every news cycle you would think both were getting worse. The media loves causing anxiety in people.

The truth is significantly fewer people are dying in both. Breathalysers and new car technology have made cars safer than ever. Meanwhile, gun control in the 1990s made homes safer than ever.

Of course people still die, even one death is a tragedy. But we will never be able to create a perfectly safe world. Trends matter, context matters, relativism mattes.

We live in one of the safest countries on earth, in the safest time period in human history.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So in short all men are total merkins

Oh accept you of course
no not all men are merkins, More accurately most merkins are men.

dv, pedos, assaults, drink driving, thefts, sadly us men top the charts by a long shot.

Like someone else said, get better men!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nice straw man, come back when then the dv death ratefor men is anything close.
Men are most murderers, yes. But we are much more likely to kill other men than women. Murder victims are men at a 2 to 1 rate. So sexism or misogyny or whatever you want to call it is not the key variable when it comes to the cause of violence.

Bazal

Post Whore
Men are most murderers, yes. But we are much more likely to kill other men than women. Murder victims are men at a 2 to 1 rate. So sexism or misogyny or whatever you want to call it is not the key variable when it comes to the cause of violence.

So says MENSA?

Mojo

Bench
I appreciate the facts you have provided but, of course, male on male violence can’t be motivated by sexism or misogyny whereas it most likely is a major factor in male on female violence.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
People hate facts and sadly places like Fiji, PNG and particularly Bonganville Island have some of the worst domestic violence. Just facts.

Mojo

Bench
FOR f**k SAKE STOP HITTING WOMEN!

I'm sick to death of NRL players making headlines for incidents involving women. It's embarassing - and I'm shattered this one has come from my club.

I am happy with the response from the Storm, and assuming allegations are true, I'm glad we'll see the back of him. Zero tollerance for this. I'm over it.
People hate facts and sadly places like Fiji, PNG and particularly Bonganville Island have some of the worst domestic violence. Just facts.
I like facts. I have no problem with the NRL or any other sports administration banning convicted violent criminals from participation.

It’s also true that some Pacific Island cultures have high rates of DV. Acknowledgement of the facts is the first step in addressing any problem.

The fact that other cultures have a problem doesn’t alter the fact that Australia has a problem in this area. We also have the resources and social structures to address the issue. We could even provide some assistance to our Pacific neighbours, if we want to be genuine in our efforts.

Bonganville sounds like a fun place though.

No. Just f**king no. How can you honestly be this ignorant on the matter. Seriously just a few seconds on google will show you just how misinformed you are.
Ever been the victim of female on male domestic violence? Until you are, you have no right to judge me.

Have you had a metal barbecue skewer thrust into your back? Or a large wooden doll house planted across your forehead? Chunks of flesh chewed from your arm? Try being anally assaulted while being tied down in what started off as harmless sex play which went pear shaped.

Two women (on seperate occassions) were the perpetrators who were not charged even though THEY called police!

I was the one arrested and charged, resulting in two f**king prison terms because the "he said, she said" mantra reigns supreme. In favour of the "fairer sex".

Mojo

Bench
Jesus H Christ has there ever been a more racist thread in LU history?

tHe BlAcKs HiT tHeIr WoMeN mOrE tHaN tHe WhItEs!!!1!1!

Abhorrent posts from @Mr Angry and @Mojo
You are such a troll. Typical of you, your reply asserts the opposite of what I posted. Your comprehension skills are sadly lacking. it is seriously idiotic and juvenile to take pleasure in trying to incense people you don’t know using anonymous online platforms.

Everyone in this forum knows you are a troll. It is entirely predictable that you will respond with more juvenile rubbish so I’m going to ignore you not because i’m bothered by you but because you‘re boring.

Billythekid

First Grade
Ever been the victim of female on male domestic violence? Until you are, you have no right to judge me.

Have you had a metal barbecue skewer thrust into your back? Or a large wooden doll house planted across your forehead? Chunks of flesh chewed from your arm? Try being anally assaulted while being tied down in what started off as harmless sex play which went pear shaped.

Two women (on seperate occassions) were the perpetrators who were not charged even though THEY called police!

I was the one arrested and charged, resulting in two f**king prison terms because the "he said, she said" mantra reigns supreme. In favour of the "fairer sex".

I have been the victim of female on male domestic violence. I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that the guy has served 2 prison terms for what sounds like DV isn’t the best source on this subject.

Reactions: Vee

Billythekid

First Grade
Look at the historical homicide rate. It is currently a fraction of what it was a few decades ago. And two thirds of murder victims are male anyway.

This is context I wish we heard for every DV story AND every fatal car accident. The way the media blow these up every news cycle you would think both were getting worse. The media loves causing anxiety in people.

The truth is significantly fewer people are dying in both. Breathalysers and new car technology have made cars safer than ever. Meanwhile, gun control in the 1990s made homes safer than ever.

Of course people still die, even one death is a tragedy. But we will never be able to create a perfectly safe world. Trends matter, context matters, relativism mattes.

We live in one of the safest countries on earth, in the safest time period in human history.

Rates of DV have mostly stayed flat and increased when it comes to sexual violence I believe. The pandemic has seen rates of DV rise by quite a bit.

T-Boon

Coach
Isn't there a pesky DV stat out there for man hating femo's?
Isn't that why the phrase "gendered violence" is now the norm (from man haters) rather than "domestic violence"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts