What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuiaki to Eels???

ratedjlm

Juniors
have heard that he has signed with the eels for next year for cheap.. seen it in a few forums now and could be something in tomorrows telegraph about it.. hope its not true tho.. id hate to see him go:(

macnaz

Staff member
If this is true id love to know what WT's position to this was. I was under the impression they were holding off signing him for now but hadnt actualy said he wouldnt be re-signed, so if TNT just signed with Para without allowing us a chance to make an offer then thats really bad form on Taniela's part :(

Hallatia

Referee
I've heard that he's really struggling and may not play again. I really rate him as a player, but I would be worried about signing someone in that condition. If he's cheap it doesn't matter that much, but if he can't play...

Talanexor

Juniors
Better hurry up and re-sign Fitzy then eh?

Just kidding - I think one of you blokes would stab me if I said that in person.

I think WT management have been following the recovery process closely, and could have made a contract offer at any stage. The fact that they didn't is probably more about risk management from WT perspective and less about Tuiaki doing the dirty on the team.

You can't blame WT if they decided not to re-sign a player who is very talented, but who may never be able to play again.

macnaz

Staff member
I've heard that he's really struggling and may not play again. I really rate him as a player, but I would be worried about signing someone in that condition. If he's cheap it doesn't matter that much, but if he can't play...

He definatlely is struggling with his broken ankle healing so slowly so if Parra has signed him it bet it wouldnt have been for much, so why the tigers didnt, wouldnt or couldnt match the offer has me puzzled, and as i said if he didnt allow us the oppurtunity to , then he really is a unloyal prick .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't he really good mates with fui fui?

That may have swayed him. And they may have signed Tuiaki to keep Fui happy.

I personally think it's a win-win situation. Tuiaki has his short term future settled and we have lost a player whose return will be nowhere near as good as his pre-injury form.

Bricey

Juniors
they wouldnt let him go if he was close to a return IMO........

if he goes, good luck to him. All the best in the future TNT. Thanks for the service, and thanks for the memories!

macnaz

Staff member
It still would be good for WT to make an official staement in regards to their position in all of this.

PS. Yeah MU tnt is room mates with MoiMoi

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I've been told this by a reliable source also. Could be announced today as Parramatta have a media conference this morning.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I wouldn't blame TNT if he did, his entire earning potential has basically been ruined by one tackle and going from what people have said I doubt he will every get back to what he was.

Good luck TNT and thanks for the memories

Wobbygong

First Grade
Has the same ankle problem as Matt Utai, unlikely he will ever recover from it fully, dodgy signing IMO.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so long as it's not a dodgy signing by us, I'm happy. We've endured enough of them already.

macnaz

Staff member
True MU, but we make plenty of dodgy signings on players they even back at 100% are still certain to be rubbish, least we know what TNT will be like. I suppose we can say that WT would nt have released him if they were confident he would come good, you could also asume parra wouldnt have signed him if they werent confident he would come good.
Its a bad place im in now, i really f**king hate Parramatta so to wish TNT well is to wish Parra well...hmmmm hope he does a great job in state cup perhaps and earns a fortune. Lol