What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tupou, Hurrell, Henry, Slaimankhel

Meth

Staff member
Can anybody remember us fielding a worse wing/centre lineup than that? I'm sure we have, but I can't remember one of the top of my head.

Unfortunate for Hurrell really to be lumped in with this lot. He's fantastic with the ball in hand and has a big future.

Warmess

Juniors
With our current attacking structure we don't even need wingers, they're just warm bodies for defence and taking a hit up on the first or second. Unfortunately we can't even defend so I dunno wtf we're gonna do.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Don't know if it's the worst- definitely the youngest.
I thought Billy t had good game- strong carries, a couple of nice reads on d and cleaned up any kicks that came his way

tangalife

Juniors
Worst?

3 of them are in the first season with one of those 3 playing their 2nd FG game out of position.

While the other one is in what, his 2nd season?

Give them a break.

ozbash

Referee
Can anybody remember us fielding a worse wing/centre lineup than that? I'm sure we have, but I can't remember one of the top of my head.

Unfortunate for Hurrell really to be lumped in with this lot. He's fantastic with the ball in hand and has a big future.

Whinge, whinge, whinge...

Izz

Bench
Don't be hating on the Sly, man!

Fortunately the bomb he dropped didn't lead to points, but he was okay, i thought. Caught a little out of position on Graham's try, but no worse than other wingers in our squad would've. He'll get better.

Not sure, but we've never fielded a wing/centre lineup with more potential.

jamaman

Juniors
With our current attacking structure we don't even need wingers, they're just warm bodies for defence and taking a hit up on the first or second. Unfortunately we can't even defend so I dunno wtf we're gonna do.
most teams are attcking our young centres with their second rowers..
this year all about learning

vvvrulz

Coach

Omar hasn't had a great first two games but he's been average at worst, certainly not terrible. Don't know what your beef is with the other three who have been turning in reliable performances.

You've lost it.

Meth

Staff member
Worst?

3 of them are in the first season with one of those 3 playing their 2nd FG game out of position.

While the other one is in what, his 2nd season?

Doesn't really matter, does it? I'm not writing them off...just posing the question as to whether this is the weakest wing/centre combination we've fielded, and, if not, who was?

Meth

Staff member
Not sure, but we've never fielded a wing/centre lineup with more potential.

:lol:

Tupou's about reached his peak.

Hurrell could be a superstar, no question.

Henry looks like he could be a decent backrower, but he's hardly more than a temporary fill in at centre.

Omar, sure, potential...but right now, looks out of his depth. Like I said, I'm not writing him off...but surely this is as dire as it has been for us out wide.

Meth

Staff member
Again, I am not writing these guys off. There's rookies. I get it. But can somebody show me a Warriors team that we've fielded with weaker centres and wingers?

hitman82

Bench
Doesn't really matter, does it? I'm not writing them off...just posing the question as to whether this is the weakest wing/centre combination we've fielded, and, if not, who was?

Depends on how you rate "weakest"? It's a pretty tough one to answer.

If you are going purely on footballing talent - certainly not. We have had loads of players with less talent than this bunch.

If you are going on performance - certainly not. You'd have to look at some of the hidings we have copped over the years and pick a combination from one of those teams. Once again, we won versus the Cowboys, and nearly won versus the Sharks. Hell, Hurrell is scoring a try a game and Henry bagged a double yesterday!

If you are going on potential - certainly not. As previous posters have noted, this is a bunch of rookies - two of them playing out of position.

So maybe you need to explain exactly what you mean by "weakest", to make it easier for the rest of us?

...if you were asking this question in 3 weeks' time, after 5 consecutive hidings which our outside backs had strongly contributed to, it'd be much easier!

Meth

Staff member
Also, we won.

I know!!!! So good that we managed to put away a Cowboys team missing Thurston, Scott, Tamou and Tate. We are truly living up to our potential as a club now. :sarcasm:

hitman82

Bench
:lol:

Tupou's about reached his peak.

Hurrell could be a superstar, no question.

Henry looks like he could be a decent backrower, but he's hardly more than a temporary fill in at centre.

Omar, sure, potential...but right now, looks out of his depth. Like I said, I'm not writing him off...but surely this is as dire as it has been for us out wide.

Cheers for the heads up Craig Bellamy, now could you give me next week's lotto results, please?