What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tupou, Hurrell, Henry, Slaimankhel

hitman82

Bench
I know!!!! So good that we managed to put away a Cowboys team missing Thurston, Scott, Tamou and Tate. We are truly living up to our potential as a club now. :sarcasm:

I disagree with this statement.

hitman82

Bench
Good, because it's sarcasm.

:lol: oh really? I wasn't actually sure why you even chose that as your sarcastic comment, seeing as noone in this thread had stated or implied it. Are you having a tough Monday? Feel the need to try and beat up on a bunch of rookies?

Meth

Staff member
:lol: oh really? I wasn't actually sure why you even chose that as your sarcastic comment, seeing as noone in this thread had stated or implied it. Are you having a tough Monday? Feel the need to try and beat up on a bunch of rookies?

It's pretty easy to figure out. 'What do you mean the three-quarters are weak...we won!!'

hitman82

Bench
Good, because it's sarcasm...of the easy to pick variety.

I like how you edited this to try and give your comment a bit more bite :)
Thankfully, I am partway through a rather delicious steak, rice and veges meal so it didn't upset me too much.

Meth

Staff member
The year 2000. St George 54 Warriors 0

2- Manuel 3- Hape 4- Vagana 5- Fa'afili

The opposing Dragons scored 7 tries against them.

Meth

Staff member
Just browsing the year 2000...

v Penrith. 2. Manuel. 3. Cleary. 4. Penthybridge 5. Vagana

v Parramatta 2. Oudenryan 3. Myles 4. Vagana 5. Penthybridge (although both Oudenryan and Vagana scored a double each in this game)

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, Hurell makes those 4 names look better than they are. But then again, so does Vagana in 2000.

Blair

Coach

v Parramatta 2. Oudenryan 3. Myles 4. Vagana 5. Penthybridge (although both Oudenryan and Vagana scored a double each in this game)

Ahh, the good ol' days under Mark Graham and the Tainui.

At least Cleary virtually guaranteed us 6-12 extra points per game with those sideline conversions and penalties.

Auckland4ever

Juniors

My only lasting memory of Manuel was once when we were defending our tryline, the opposition shifted the ball out towards his wing and for some reason he'd positioned himself fairly deep in the in-goal to defend. By the time he came forward to make the tackle it was a few meters too late.

ozbash

Referee
There should be an award for the dumbest whinge thread of the year.

This is it...

Iafeta

Referee
Can anybody remember us fielding a worse wing/centre lineup than that? I'm sure we have, but I can't remember one of the top of my head.

Unfortunate for Hurrell really to be lumped in with this lot. He's fantastic with the ball in hand and has a big future.

Did we ever field a backline featuring Staladi, Peter Lewis, Shane Endacott and Carl Doherty?