What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuqiri sacked by ARU

Dogs Of War

Coach
If he does want to return to the NRL, the NRL should make a special dispensation for him considering they sacked him a day after the NRL deadline expired, more then likely so he could'nt sign with an NRL club.

The french deadline closed on the 30th of June as well. So thats gone as well (though as the previous link I posted shows, French clubs are tighting there purse strings).

Tommax25

Bench
If he does want to return to the NRL, the NRL should make a special dispensation for him considering they sacked him a day after the NRL deadline expired, more then likely so he could'nt sign with an NRL club.

They probably did it for that reason, which is all the more reason to stick it up yawnion noses by making an exception and seeing one of their marquee players killing it in another code :D

Timbo

Staff member
Whoa.

I wonder what's happened?

Despite this, he'd still have a binding contract with the NSWRU so I doubt he's going anywhere.

Turns out I'm wrong. The contracts are linked and were cancelled simultaneously.

shiznit

Coach
They probably did it for that reason, which is all the more reason to stick it up yawnion noses by making an exception and seeing one of their marquee players killing it in another code :D
if he was a Marquee player he wouldn't have been released.

He's not wanted by Robbie Deans...

shiznit

Coach
Meh. He has a bigger profile than alot of the other players replacing him.
yeah thats true... but for his high profile the bloke hasn't held the Bledisloe Cup.

dont get me wrong though for aussie rugby he would be a loss as he does get bums on seats.... and lets be honest... aussie rugby needs bums on seats.

on his playing ability this season... he wasn't up to scratch this season. hence why he got dropped.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
hmmm, something smells very fishy about this. Stay tuned for more....

No loss to Rugby, probably the most overrated player of the last 25 years. Big, strong, imposing with utterly useless skillset. Reasonable marketing image though, one of those cases where the reputation exceeded the reality. Crikey he is such a one dimensional player, much better suited to League where space is given to you and the need to think is low on the list of priorities. Fair dinkum the bloke could not find space in the Nullabor....

Te Kaha

First Grade
No loss to Rugby, probably the most overrated player of the last 25 years. Big, strong, imposing with utterly useless skillset. Reasonable marketing image though, one of those cases where the reputation exceeded the reality. Crikey he is such a one dimensional player, much better suited to League where space is given to you and the need to think is low on the list of priorities. Fair dinkum the bloke could not find space in the Nullabor....

What is it with Australians and gross stupidity???? While he was never as damaging in Rugby as he was in League, he was a very good player... easily one of the wobbilies best in hte last few years... to say he was the most overated in the last 25 years is idiotic to the point of being utter dribble... Matt Dunning for one as wayyyyy more overated than Lote... that fat useless prick has no business being at super rugby level let alone test level.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
What is it with Australians and gross stupidity???? While he was never as damaging in Rugby as he was in League, he was a very good player... easily one of the wobbilies best in hte last few years... to say he was the most overated in the last 25 years is idiotic to the point of being utter dribble... Matt Dunning for one as wayyyyy more overated than Lote... that fat useless prick has no business being at super rugby level let alone test level.

Dribble ? I'd say comparing a prop to a winger might be much more worthy of being called 'dribble'.....don't u think ?

Tuquiri rarely beat the defence and created opportunities for himself. As a finisher he was reliable, but with the ball in hand he was predictable, as opposition international backlines proved in test match after test match. Rather than name calling you might like to argue the point with something credible, you are the moderator after all.......