What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turner out for 6 weeks

philstorm

Juniors
Well, looks like the withdoctors have worked their magic.

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=361308

Storm winger Turner to miss six weeks
4th March 2007, 15:52 WST

Controversial Melbourne Storm winger Steve Turner will miss the opening month of the NRL season with an ankle injury.

Turner has been diagnosed with a ruptured medial ligament in his ankle, which will keep him out of action for six weeks.

But the news could have been worse as there were fears that the injury could have been diagnosed as syndesmosis, which would have meant a three-month layoff.

If there are any positives to come out of this, at least Folau will be given a chance to impress in the opening rounds.

willvillain

Juniors
So I suppose this thread is about to turn into 15 pages of Titans fans laughing at Turner's injury and Storm fans abusing Titans fans?

Unlucky for Turner, but from a selfish perspective it will be good to see more of Folau.

DeeGan

Bench
Unfortunate news for both player and club.

Matt Geyer will be a little nervous right about now - Folau now has a chance to prove his worth and if he lives up to the hype, Geyer could be left-right-out of the starting line up to make way for Turner.

DeeGan

Bench
willvillain said:
So I suppose this thread is about to turn into 15 pages of Titans fans laughing at Turner's injury and Storm fans abusing Titans fans?

I would hope not.

Wishing injury on any player is pathetic and laughing at an injury set back on any player is pitiful.

lockyno1 once again contributes sweet FA to a thread.

Falou to start against the Tigers and absolutely smash them big time...I don't care if he is still a boy cos this boy has the pace and a step to kill any opposition and with King and Geyer supporting him he will settle down to play a big part this year...

I have only seen him once and that was yesterday against the Broncs...mate that was enough to know that he has massive potential and will give 07 a real shake...

philstorm

Juniors
Have to agree with Messieur DeeGan. Geyer has to consider this injury to Turner as a 'stroke of fate' (not in a bad way though).

Our backline will probably look something like this now (I hope),

Slater
Folau
King
Quinn
Geyer
Inglis
Cronk

With Folau's big right fend now perfectly placed on Turners wing. That said, that left hand attack has to be one of the biggest in the competition with Folau at least 193cm and King around 192cm!

DeeGan

Bench
philstorm said:
Have to agree with Messieur DeeGan. Geyer has to consider this injury to Turner as a 'stroke of fate' (not in a bad way though).

Our backline will probably look something like this now (I hope),

Slater
Folau
King
Quinn
Geyer
Inglis
Cronk

With Folau's big right fend now perfectly placed on Turners wing. That said, that left hand attack has to be one of the biggest in the competition with Folau at least 193cm and King around 192cm!

Formidable backline - scary prospect and the best in the business for mine especially if Inglis excels at five-eight. All reports after his second game there were good, will it carry over to round one and beyond straight away? Time will tell.

Coaster

Bench
I hear it wont be 6 weeks.

He found a doctor that offered him 4 and he is taking that ;-)

DeeGan

Bench
curious said:
I hear it wont be 6 weeks.

He found a doctor that offered him 4 and he is taking that ;-)

Thought you were a familiar forummer from the Titans forum Coas ... I meant curious :lol:

TITAN1

Juniors
willvillain said:

Unlucky for Turner, but from a selfish perspective it will be good to see more of Folau.
No,we as titan fans are happy with our team and are prepared to move on and look forward to round one..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This could be a blessing in disguise for the Storm, this Folau sounds like a future superstar. If he comes in and goes well it can only strengthen the Storm's already potent backline.

TITAN1

Juniors
nqboy said:
I wouldn't blame Searle for thinking, "There is a God."

Karma can be a bitch.
Its probably more like relief...another injury is something the titans can do without!:crazy:

Shorty

Staff member
willvillain said:

Titans are thriving about making a great impression for their first games,they're doing well regardless infact Titans fans couldn't care less anymore would be my impression.

Turner has proven that he was a dud buy regardless if he was at Titans or Storm:lol:

Anyway,I'm excited for the prospect of Fulau,Storm may very well live up to everyone's expectation of going minor premiers again.

kooriguy

Juniors
yes karma is a bitch.. ive learnt if u f**k people over somehow you end up the one f**ked over.

Latest posts