What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweaks to the NQ logo

applesauce

Bench
BOB-tshirt-1.jpg

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
considering how much sh!t we cop as it is about being rednecks and yocals i'd suggest leaving a cowboy out of it lol

Lambretta

First Grade
There is another version of the original logo in Google image search of "North Queensland Cowboys logo" that shows the a diamond shape behind the bull.

I dont mind that one either

I think the head of the bull needs to be wider though. It's a little anorexic.

But agree with the other posters that said the team should be called the Bulls - however that would lead to alot of Bullshit jokes.

Maybe the Marlins WAS the best name after all.

After all, the "North Queensland heat, humity and biting insects" hardly has a catchy ring to it does it?

beave

Coach
Its not a diamond mate, its left overs of a yellow star that is being blocked by the skull.

Lambretta

First Grade
Its not a diamond mate, its left overs of a yellow star that is being blocked by the skull.

Why did I type diamond? I meant to say triangle. But yes, I can see how it was trying to be a star. I think the one you posted looks slightly better.

Nuke

Staff member
I've always liked the Cowboys' Leagues Club's logo.

0_0_0_0_250_195_csupload_14255153.jpg

I'm not proposing NQ change their logo, however should they do so, they could go for something like this.

krudmonk

Juniors
Same stupid Dallas Cowboys font. They could at least pretend they aren't imitating another brand.

DC_fan

Coach
Offseason topic and all............. A few of us over at the stampede site were discussing what version of our horns logo was better (the old yellow oval or the current star) and someone put forward a logo that funnily enough orignated from bigfooty. Now with a few major tweaks this is what we are currently at. I personally have never liked our name (NQ Marlins is what we should have been called but that is for another thread) but it's what we are stuck with, but IMO our logo has been in dire need of an upgrade for a while. I think this is actually pretty decent, would be interested to hear other people's opinions.

bc3ca52d.jpg

The logo reminds me a lot of the Texas Longhorns (US college football) logo. In fact, except for the coloring it is the same.

The way the word COWBOYS appears is a copy of how the Dallas Cowboys often make use of it.

I like your attempt at creating a new logo and it looks good. But I do wonder if you may have some problems with copyright restrictions.

beave

Coach
The logo reminds me a lot of the Texas Longhorns (US college football) logo. In fact, except for the coloring it is the same.

The way the word COWBOYS appears is a copy of how the Dallas Cowboys often make use of it.

I like your attempt at creating a new logo and it looks good. But I do wonder if you may have some problems with copyright restrictions.

????

texas-logo.jpg

really??? except for the colouring, it's the same???????

docbrown

Coach
Re what I was saying about a silhouette cowboy -

cowboy%20flag.jpg

Change it to an Australian flag and you've got something iconic.

VictoryFC

Bench
I dont think copyright would be an issue.

The design is fantastic. Very mature look about it. Would swap in a heartbeat