What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twenty/20 WORLD CUP 2014

vvvrulz

Coach
Malinga would have bowled 2 of those overs, was unplayable taking 2/5
When rain set in, SL were well and truly on top. Doubt WI or Sammy would have won it in my opinion, too much to run down

While I agree, I'm still making the point that it is all heresay despite whoever was on top at the time. I suppose this is still much better than some of the 7 over contests we've seen.

Don't mind anyone as long as its not India now.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Pretty good game that one. Top knock from Kohli. This guys potential seems limitless and good to see him maturing a bit as well

vvvrulz

Coach
Very good innings from a very good player, but getting a bit sick of the talks of 'undisputed best in the world' and 'greater than Sachin'. He's nowhere near that yet, as well as being an arrogant unlikeable punk.

TheParraboy

Staff member
win-win game really, as your either gonna get a SA or a India loss

Now for SL to win the world cup via another D/L fiasco, (eg india to chase 126 off 5 overs) nothing would please me more

HevyDevy

Coach
What's Gilly going on about with this T20 Ball of the Century rubbish? Decent ball, sure, but nothing that special

Amazing exhibition of death bowling by SL. India could only score 19 in the last 4 overs and India finish on 130-4. Hopefully SL can finally win one.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sangakkara so classy in the chase.

Bowlers set up the win though. All 5 going under 30 runs of their 4 overs. No boundaries in the last 27 balls despite the presence of Kohli and Dhoni.

I think Chandimal deserves a bit of credit as well. He was the captain but he dropped himself due to poor form. There aren't too many players in the world that would be selfless enough to deny themselves the opportunity to play in a world cup final.

But in the end, the ultimate irony is that the guy who replaced him only scored 7 of 11 balls!
Oh dear

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Agree on that. Despite dropping himself, Chandimal was the biggest supporter on the sideline.

TheParraboy

Staff member
5 T20 World ups in 8 years

2007 - india
2009 - pakistan
2010 - england
2012 - WI
2014 - SL

5 different winners

In the womens t20 world cup, Australia has won the last 3 tournaments

Latest posts