What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twiggys with us

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I just hope Twiggy expects a good return for all the money he outlays with high expectations and puts the board on notice. If they don't make the finals he will withdraw the cash. Also that he supports the club and gives them the TPA's they require like Politis and Laundy are doing for their clubs to help meet their expectations.

getsmarty

Immortal
Can't believe I'm responding to this on a Dragons forum, but I'm a fact checker
Regarding Ocean wind turbine sites (They have only been around 30 years)
“The global offshore wind sector has undergone rapid expansion in recent years with major advances in technology and cost reductions, making offshore wind an increasingly competitive option for large scale energy generation”.
So far, the noise health effects of wind turbines on humans has been debunked. (You don't hear the BS on the news anymore)
“Since 2003, 25 reviews have been published of the scientific literature (not Donald Trump) on wind turbines and health. These studies have consistently found no reason to believe that wind turbines are harmful to health.”
If you look out from the shore, how far can you see on the open ocean? If you're not standing on anything (say 2 meters high), you can see about 5 km.
How the hell can wind turbines 10Km off shore affect residents?

There may be negative affect on marine life during construction and, if not regularity maintained there could be a risk of oil leaks. I am also sure the whales can swim around them without any major migration consequences.

Anyway - This won't change your opinion but I feel better!

Whats your thoughts on this...

I'm certainly no scientist but i read it

This was a survey where respondents intuitively associated their symptoms with wind turbine infrasound. In the whole study area, the symptom prevalence was 5%. Many of the symptomatic respondents were annoyed by audible wind turbine sound and associated their symptoms also with vibration or electromagnetic field from wind turbines.

Would I like to here the same rhythmic thumping all day and night? No! - It would drive me nuts and that could then lead to health issue, perhaps. I also wouldn't like to live near a coal fire power station.

I have lived on property with high tension power lines, that feed Sydney, in the back paddock - The Electromagnetic field would light up a fluoro globe in your hand when standing underneath. We got our hands on some EFM (Electromagnetic Field Meters), they went berserk underneath but at 50 meters away were inconsequential, We also were surprised that clock radios, mobile phones and rooms where the meter box adjoined - the meters went off big time. I would be very surprised if the EMF from turbines would have any affect when more than 50 meters away. (There are rules regarding proximity to homesteads.

There is still no scientific medical evidence to support any physical harm but my points were more along the lines of responding to fear of health issue from Wind turbines 10 KM offshore, out of sight and beyond hearing.

The hard truth is that all energy production has negative impacts. But the kinds of energy we have traditionally relied on such as burning oil, coal, and gas, do more than just local harm. They impact all humans/animals as well as the environment.

We are unfortunately, in a position of choosing energy options that do the least harm.

Mojo

Bench
I do happen to be a scientist. The study shows 15% of people with ‘symptoms’ living near to wind turbines attribute their symptoms to the turbines. The study itself states that no causal correlation can be established by such an opinion survey. Of course, the data itself also shows that 85% of people with symptoms living near wind turbines do not attribute their symptoms to the turbines. I consider this to be a very insignificant piece of research.

I do happen to be a scientist. The study shows 15% of people with ‘symptoms’ living near to wind turbines attribute their symptoms to the turbines. The study itself states that no causal correlation can be established by such an opinion survey. Of course, the data itself also shows that 85% of people with symptoms living near wind turbines do not attribute their symptoms to the turbines. I consider this to be a very insignificant piece of research.
thankyou Mojo
I had that gut feeling but wasn't able to articulate as such.
They are also on-shore (in Finland), not off shore as proposed in the Illawarra
Have no idea of the density of their population around these turbines
We are lucky to have such expansive coastline & land options to minimise any negative affect on humans.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It'll be interesting to see how far this goes. Rugby union in Australia is in strife both on and off the field. They are poorly run and struggling financially. It's possible Forrest is looking for some way out of that mess or just angling for some leverage.

maestro1

Bench
An extract of what Twiggy said at the COP climate change summit. his message is blunt:

“If you’re a leader and you try to hold the line for business as usual because you’re just too damn lazy and have such little character to make change, then you should get off the stage – whatever it is, corporate or political – and let someone with more talent and more character take the reins.”

Hope he rams this home to the Dragons BOD

Source added:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDragon

Juniors
An extract of what Twiggy said at the COP climate change summit. his message is blunt:

“If you’re a leader and you try to hold the line for business as usual because you’re just too damn lazy and have such little character to make change, then you should get off the stage – whatever it is, corporate or political – and let someone with more talent and more character take the reins.”

Hope he rams this home to the Dragons BOD
Guys with that much cash can get speech writers and advisors to prepare these responses…

but to decide that‘s the message you want to spread? Damm nice to hear!

possm

Coach
At St George Illawarra, the structure seems to be all wrong. Holding on to this notion that the NRL team is a joint venture operation when no NRL Club is partnering with St George. The St George Leagues Club's partnership with WIN Corp and the Gordons is not much different from that of South Sydney and their investors however, the South Sydney entity is not classed as a joint venture.

To maintain the presence of our proud history at Board level, representation of St George Leagues Club delegates is essential however, we do need the right representation. There is no doubt in my mind that there is no place on the St George Illawarra Boaard for the likes of Peter Doust and Craig Young. More importantly, I believe it is time to restructure the operation and upgrade mission statements that reflect the needs of the George Illawarra Club.

1. Set up a St George Illawarra Jnrs Club in Wollongong.

.2. Have this club manage the Junior Rugby League in the Illawarra District.

3 Allocate shareholdings as follows:
A. Gordons 25% of total shares
B. WIN Corp 25% of total shares
C. St George Illawarra Club 25% of total shares
D. Members of Illawarra Jnr Leagues Club 25% of total shares

4. Hourse St George Illawarra Leagues Club with the St George Leagues Club as a separate entity.

5. Divide the shareholding of St George Illawarra Club into 4 classes of shares:
a. St Georg Leagues Club 25% of total shares
B. Illawarra Jnrs 25% of total shares
C. Private investors 25% of total shares
D. St George Illawarra Ordinary Members (with voting rights) 25% of total shares

6. Draft and Approve new mission statements, policies, and procedures for both the junior and senior clubs.

7. Appoint members to both Boards with members election for 25% of Board Directors of each club.

John moz

Juniors
This is old news they sold out to the Gordons/wincorp.
Illawarra steelers is no longer in partnership they went into debt .
The new licence with the Nrl will be in around 2 years it will be back to St george Dragons no body but Illawarra are to blame St george did loan the steelers leagues millions to save them from going under but it was to late.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I'm certainly no scientist but i read it

This was a survey where respondents intuitively associated their symptoms with wind turbine infrasound. In the whole study area, the symptom prevalence was 5%. Many of the symptomatic respondents were annoyed by audible wind turbine sound and associated their symptoms also with vibration or electromagnetic field from wind turbines.

Would I like to here the same rhythmic thumping all day and night? No! - It would drive me nuts and that could then lead to health issue, perhaps. I also wouldn't like to live near a coal fire power station.

I have lived on property with high tension power lines, that feed Sydney, in the back paddock - The Electromagnetic field would light up a fluoro globe in your hand when standing underneath. We got our hands on some EFM (Electromagnetic Field Meters), they went berserk underneath but at 50 meters away were inconsequential, We also were surprised that clock radios, mobile phones and rooms where the meter box adjoined - the meters went off big time. I would be very surprised if the EMF from turbines would have any affect when more than 50 meters away. (There are rules regarding proximity to homesteads.

There is still no scientific medical evidence to support any physical harm but my points were more along the lines of responding to fear of health issue from Wind turbines 10 KM offshore, out of sight and beyond hearing.

The hard truth is that all energy production has negative impacts. But the kinds of energy we have traditionally relied on such as burning oil, coal, and gas, do more than just local harm. They impact all humans/animals as well as the environment.

We are unfortunately, in a position of choosing energy options that do the least harm.
We are about 1KM (in Maitland) from the trainline that moves the coal trains from Singleton way to Newcastle Port. A train goes past every 8 minutes. When we first moved here it was annoying hearing the trains. After a while you don't even notice them. We've been here 16 years.

blacksafake

First Grade
We are about 1KM (in Maitland) from the trainline that moves the coal trains from Singleton way to Newcastle Port. A train goes past every 8 minutes. When we first moved here it was annoying hearing the trains. After a while you don't even notice them. We've been here 16 years.
Them trains are a mile long too so I can imagine it being annoying.

Lennyb

Juniors
I have seen many negative comments regarding our owner.
He bought his shares. Obviously had a plan.
Rome wasnt built in a day.
Who else in RL could have signed our most important signing of 23.

SnowDragon

Juniors
This is old news they sold out to the Gordons/wincorp.
Illawarra steelers is no longer in partnership they went into debt .
The new licence with the Nrl will be in around 2 years it will be back to St george Dragons no body but Illawarra are to blame St george did loan the steelers leagues millions to save them from going under but it was to late.
Mate, I grew up a mad saints supporter. I’m now a dragons supporter, it’s St George Illawarra. I’m happy with that. Ownership of the club may vary, but it’s MY TEAM!

possm

Coach
I have seen many negative comments regarding our owner.
He bought his shares. Obviously had a plan.
Rome wasnt built in a day.
Who else in RL could have signed our most important signing of 23.
The Gordons WIN Corp purchased the shares because the Illawarra Steelers owed them about 6m and so, if the IllawarraSteelers went bankrupt, the Gordons WIN Corp would have lost just about all of this money.

So, they did a deal with some prominent St George Illawara directors to allow the shares to go to the Gordons Win Corp for undisclosed reasons. You say the approved deal was about 5m less than the highest offer.

Anyway, instead of getting nothing, the Gordons WIN ended up being partners with St George Leagues Club for the St George Illawarra NRL licrnvr.

Yhe question is, who at St George benefited from this deal?

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Can't believe I'm responding to this on a Dragons forum, but I'm a fact checker
Regarding Ocean wind turbine sites (They have only been around 30 years)
“The global offshore wind sector has undergone rapid expansion in recent years with major advances in technology and cost reductions, making offshore wind an increasingly competitive option for large scale energy generation”.
So far, the noise health effects of wind turbines on humans has been debunked. (You don't hear the BS on the news anymore)
“Since 2003, 25 reviews have been published of the scientific literature (not Donald Trump) on wind turbines and health. These studies have consistently found no reason to believe that wind turbines are harmful to health.”
If you look out from the shore, how far can you see on the open ocean? If you're not standing on anything (say 2 meters high), you can see about 5 km.
How the hell can wind turbines 10Km off shore affect residents?

There may be negative affect on marine life during construction and, if not regularity maintained there could be a risk of oil leaks. I am also sure the whales can swim around them without any major migration consequences.

Anyway - This won't change your opinion but I feel better!
I don’t believe anything science tries to sit down and explain, the covid stuff was the end after decades of climate catastrophising……it’s a crock of shit and it’s a whale killer and fat corporate pigs are waiting to clean up. I love the Illawarra, get fkd.