What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two new Rugby League shows for ONE HD

El Diablo

Post Whore
they wouldn't be able to do much of that kind of thing seeing 9 don't let other networks use footage except for in their news

Special K

Coach
why do they have Dean Ritchie on this show?

he gets owned every week
lol this is the first time i've watched the show and all I could think was woah Dean Ritchie got pwned. Elliot is a cool guy in my books - as long as he stays away from the sharks.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol this is the first time i've watched the show and all I could think was woah Dean Ritchie got pwned. Elliot is a cool guy in my books - as long as he stays away from the sharks.

Gakllop did a good job on him

Ritchie thought he was smart and said Myles and Friend weren't suspended so why was Brett Stewart

Gallop then informed the gumby that Myles and Friend were suspended

Rickys good on that monday show.

knows his stuff. next week with Gallen will be good. former coach..asking about his assistant..o the captain that he instated but then was demoted.

This one isnt nearly as good. but its alright. these guys look bad on HD though. holy crap.

and f**k me richie is rubbish. each week he gets owned. f**kn uselss

Brutus

Referee
Gawd Dean was bad tonight.

Elliott was chuckling at every question he asked.

The Monday show is much better than this one. Blocker is hopeless too.

franklin2323

Immortal

I think every fan feels the same. He is the same in press conferences after games win or lose.I used to like his Big League columns maybe he should work on future programs next year. I will tell you this he will be more interesting then Stuart Raper was to listen to commentating

Mickyd39

Juniors

i love the way Elliot just laughed off every one of his questions.

I liked Elliot's response to Ritichie's question about the amount he gets paid.

Ritchie is a disgrace, why is he even on that show!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
One are really setting a benchmark in my opinion. These two shows are all over Fox and, obviously, Nein.

Just good to see a footy show for footy diehards that isn't all about the blokes hosting it.

Andrew Moore is good, Joel Caine has a big future and even big Blocker isn't making me cry anymore.

Good to see a network finally treat the game with a bit of respect and professionalism. I really hope they get a piece of the next deal and the more the better if the early indications are anything to go by.

EDIT - I quite like the League Lounge on Fox too. For lighthearted banter its good to see a talented guy like Brendan Cowell who absolutely loves his League like we all do, but isn't a boofhead. Funny bastard too. Long may he continue.

nrlnrl

First Grade
One are really setting a benchmark in my opinion. These two shows are all over Fox and, obviously, Nein.

Just good to see a footy show for footy diehards that isn't all about the blokes hosting it.

Andrew Moore is good, Joel Caine has a big future and even big Blocker isn't making me cry anymore.

Good to see a network finally treat the game with a bit of respect and professionalism. I really hope they get a piece of the next deal and the more the better if the early indications are anything to go by.

EDIT - I quite like the League Lounge on Fox too. For lighthearted banter its good to see a talented guy like Brendan Cowell who absolutely loves his League like we all do, but isn't a boofhead. Funny bastard too. Long may he continue.

Fair enough, but in my opinion Joel Caine is terrible & talks in cliches all the time. I don't listen to 2GB so I don't know what Blocker is like on radio, but he isn't up to standard for tv. I only saw the first few shows & their "game previews" were extremely superficial.

Eion

First Grade
For lighthearted banter its good to see a talented guy like Brendan Cowell who absolutely loves his League like we all do, but isn't a boofhead. Funny bastard too. Long may he continue.
Pretty standard qualities for sharks supporters ronnie.

dumb questions again. origin eligibility.

big mal fending him off.

"i wanna ask you a qustion"

well do it ya f**k.
and FFS. state of origin talk already? its round 4.

beave

Coach
Ritchie comes across as a real f**khead in these interviews, you could see Mal was thinking 'geez this bloke is a clown.....'

I thought Mal handled himself well. Actually so did Elliott the week before.

beave

Coach
Yeah he is good, I like that Hawse (sp??) lad as well, i would like to see how he goes calling a game because he comes across as a pretty insightful guy on the other show.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yeah he is good, I like that Hawse (sp??) lad as well, i would like to see how he goes calling a game because he comes across as a pretty insightful guy on the other show.

No - you can't just shove a microphone in front of someone & they instantly become a commentator.

There's a huge difference between doing a studio show & calling a game. You need a background on radio or experience calling other live sports before you take on this task. You might get away with it on NBL when nobody's watching though....

Latest posts