What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Nobody knows why Tyrell Sloan is not being selected to play.
Has he been tapped by another team to play crap for this season to force a trade at year's end to get him a contract upgrade?? Which other team would benetfit from that??
I don't know and i truly hope I'm wrong but the tactic has been used before and will be used again.
He just signed a f**king contract extension fmd

Dragon David

First Grade
Has he been tapped by another team to play crap for this season to force a trade at year's end to get him a contract upgrade?? Which other team would benetfit from that??
I don't know and i truly hope I'm wrong but the tactic has been used before and will be used again.
All I know shiloh is that Tyrell has been given the fullback role in the reserve grade to work on his line defence and he understands that. He hasn't taken any offence and knows that he will get many more chances in first grade once he does improve. It is as simple as that.

shiloh dc

Juniors
All I know shiloh is that Tyrell has been given the fullback role in the reserve grade to work on his line defence and he understands that. He hasn't taken any offence and knows that he will get many more chances in first grade once he does improve. It is as simple as that.
I hope so. Why are these defensive deficiencies coming out now. They should have been addressed as he was coming through the juniors.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope so. Why are these defensive deficiencies coming out now. They should have been addressed as he was coming through the juniors.
I guess, as with a lot of the young ones, some things get overlooked as the judges initially see potential in other parts of their game such as running with speed, backing up, catching high balls and being defensively ok as a youngster. A different story when they are tried in first grade even with 6-8 games, it is not enough to enable them to learn things properly and not the right environment when things get tough. I think that is why they are treating Tyrell with better treatment and handling so that he does improve and be the right fit for the future. You take Matt Dufty for instance, he had a lot going for him in the juniors and in many games in first grade but his defensive issues were and still remain a problem - he didn't listen to the people that he had to improve on that skill and so didn't learn anything to be kept at the Dragons. I don't think that he will be re-signed by the Bulldiogs as well.

shiloh dc

Juniors
I guess, as with a lot of the young ones, some things get overlooked as the judges initially see potential in other parts of their game such as running with speed, backing up, catching high balls and being defensively ok as a youngster. A different story when they are tried in first grade even with 6-8 games, it is not enough to enable them to learn things properly and not the right environment when things get tough. I think that is why they are treating Tyrell with better treatment and handling so that he does improve and be the right fit for the future. You take Matt Dufty for instance, he had a lot going for him in the juniors and in many games in first grade but his defensive issues were and still remain a problem - he didn't listen to the people that he had to improve on that skill and so didn't learn anything to be kept at the Dragons. I don't think that he will be re-signed by the Bulldiogs as well.
Dufty will be in the super league very soon.

blacksafake

First Grade
Probably because he’s been very disappointing so far & is quickly finding out how different it is playing nrl compared to playing against his own age & expecting his talent to get him through without having to work hard.
Amone too for that matter.

Old Timer

Coach
Unfortunately some kids spend almost their entire junior football in teams that keep putting 50 or more on their opponents every week and spend next to no time defending.

The cricket scores in many ressies games shows the problem exists but probably indicates the problem is already ingrained and the coaching staff at that level not good / strong enough to unpick it.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Probably because he’s been very disappointing so far & is quickly finding out how different it is playing nrl compared to playing against his own age & expecting his talent to get him through without having to work hard.
Amone too for that matter.

I think you're being a bit harsh. Put them in a more structured team behind a dominant pack and I think they'd shine. The whole team isn't playing well at the moment. We need creative halves who provide some spark and a 9 who looks and takes opportunities when he sees them. Problem is we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

St_Bondi

Juniors
Don't forget he had a great role model ahead of him in Dufty who knew how to organise the defensive line and stop a try himself (insert eye roll). Why don't they help him by showing him what the great ones like Slater, Teddy, Turbo and now Papa do? Papa is not big but puts his body on the line every game, something Dufty never did but Tyrell might. Will we ever know? Probably only when the muppet coaching us gets a grip on reality.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think you're being a bit harsh. Put them in a more structured team behind a dominant pack and I think they'd shine. The whole team isn't playing well at the moment. We need creative halves who provide some spark and a 9 who looks and takes opportunities when he sees them. Problem is we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.
Sloan's dropping out of the 17 is supposed to enable him to learn and improve on his on line defence as wanted by Hook. Well, is Hook aware that there are a lot more of his players lacking in on line defence as there have been many tries scored in the games Sloan hasn't played in? Should they be dropped as well?

As you say Dragons4me, if Sloan played in a more structured team and behind a dominant pack, he most probably wouldn't be required to do much tackling. In any case, there are many high profile fullbacks miss tackles on line - Teddy, Turbo, Edwards, Gutho, Mitchell etc. they all have a couple or more errors in defence in them.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Griffin is on his own with his recent team selections. I had hoped when he got extended he’d be brave & stick with the kids with an eye for the future yet he’s thrown the entire preseason away by chasing short term success. The irony is we look further away from a win Bird at 6 & Mbye at 1 than we did in the first few games.

If he was serious, he’d drop McCullough who’s been terrible, play Hunt at 9 & Mbye at 7 leaving Sloan & Amone in the starting team.

Looks like being another long season

BBTB

Juniors
Griffin is on his own with his recent team selections. I had hoped when he got extended he’d be brave & stick with the kids with an eye for the future yet he’s thrown the entire preseason away by chasing short term success. The irony is we look further away from a win Bird at 6 & Mbye at 1 than we did in the first few games.

If he was serious, he’d drop McCullough who’s been terrible, play Hunt at 9 & Mbye at 7 leaving Sloan & Amone in the starting team.

Looks like being another long season
Love your team changes.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
If Sloan was being dropped on form (defence) he should of been one of the last players being put back to reserves. I had great hope for this season.

blacksafake

First Grade
You’re right @Dragons4me, we don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors & yes he’s not alone in being down on form.
Not intending to be harsh but I get the impression that Tyrell thought his talent would be enough to get him through.
Scoring tries in most of his games possibly only added to this ?
He’ll be back & hopefully better for the experience.