What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

BBTB

Juniors
I can appreciate your point of view BBTB, but until the Dragons can show me in the next 4-5 games that they can actually play top 8 football, then I would agree with you. Just watching the Broncos game against the Knights and their previous games that they have won in a row - do we have any semblance of their skills in both attack and defence? We are shit compared to even them and we get done by the Titans because we were dumb and the next game against the Warriors will be a case of will our defence be good enough because I'm telling you the Warriors will score points but can we?
Yes I think we are all very disappointed, so far. But the Broncs are now top 4. I'd love us tobe a top 4 team but, alas unless our forwards can stand up & be dominant our backs won't fire. So maybe the inclusion of some younger forwards with fire in their bellies will give those backs the room to move and showcase their skills.

BBTB

Juniors
The Roosters bring their young ones along steadily as you say Yow and that is good for the Roosters because they have had others who were very good holding onto their first grade spots until the likes of say Walker became more confident (or should I say, (Robbo had confidence in him) to play first grade fulltime.

We on the other hand don't have any other now. If Hook wants to bring the young ones along steadily, why did we get rid of Dufty and Norman? If both were still in our system, we could have had some experienced guys still doing their thing (albeit not too efficiently) until the young ones steadily improved and were totally ready in the eyes of Hook. It is a catch 22 situation. Is Mbye at fullback better in attack than Dufty? Why get rid of Dufty and sign up Mbye? Let Dufty do his thing while Sloan/Ramsey become better.

To me, we don't have the luxury of steadily bringing up the young ones if the current ones are not that much better.
Yes see ur pt DD, BUT maybe The football committee didn't want our up & coming juniors
Learning BAD habits off LazyNORMAN, SCARED DUFTY.

Josh Kerr.
His stats past two years paint a bleak picture. For a big bloke he sure lacks punch. As for Woods at least he creates second phase play.. albeit rather sloppily. Where does big George stand at the moment. Has he started the season sub peak fitness as he lacks the impact we were all hoping for. I saw him smashing little blokes and tired forwards late in a game.. Sorry that this is off topic being on Tyrell's thread.

Dragon David

First Grade
His stats past two years paint a bleak picture. For a big bloke he sure lacks punch. As for Woods at least he creates second phase play.. albeit rather sloppily. Where does big George stand at the moment. Has he started the season sub peak fitness as he lacks the impact we were all hoping for. I saw him smashing little blokes and tired forwards late in a game.. Sorry that this is off topic being on Tyrell's thread.
Our hopes of the "bigger" guys making life better for us fans have not come to fruition this year. I'm not too sure that they have been managed all that well past and present by us. George possibly is still "nursing" his hips. We are not much wiser with any knowledge on several of these guys because no-one from the strength and conditioning department is willing to come on and say how anyone is doing and in the case of George, how his hips are. Nathan Pickworth would copme on nearly every week and tell us about injured players and how long they could be out or when they are coming back. We get zilch now.

Anyway, back to Tyrell Sloan as this is his thread. Got to hope that he is being managed properly both physically and mentally. In and out though makes you wonder.

redv13

Bench
Yep you forget to mention that Woods is a sloth defensively after he’s been on the field longer than 10 mins. Every game he is lazy as f**k in the middle and the opposition run riot right up the middle whilst he is too busy moving like a snail. It’s embarrassing and it happens every week. Go back and watch our games and I guarantee you will see it. Cheap yes but there’s a reason Fitzy didn’t want him, coz he’s shit!!

Illusion

Bench
Yep you forget to mention that Woods is a sloth defensively after he’s been on the field longer than 10 mins. Every game he is lazy as f**k in the middle and the opposition run riot right up the middle whilst he is too busy moving like a snail. It’s embarrassing and it happens every week. Go back and watch our games and I guarantee you will see it. Cheap yes but there’s a reason Fitzy didn’t want him, coz he’s shit!!
To be honest I have never liked him even at his peak ( which I never understood how he represented ) , So he aint much good to me at retirement age .....

BBTB

Juniors
Maybe Michael MOLO will make a difference. Fingers crossed.

redv13

Bench
Mmm interesting for 2022.
Woods :
7 games
91.6 % tackle efficiency
66 meters run on average
6 offloads

Kerr:
6 games
94.4 % tackle efficiency
80 meters run on average
3 offloads.

Those stats suggest to me that Woods is WORSE than Kerr. Unsure how you think otherwise

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I saw then followed a post re Joey in the Rumors thread I expect. So is Mat Head our attack coach? That explains a lot. I rated him similar to Hastings, Clune and Hunt for creativity. In fact we have a habit of buying dud playmaking halves.
Not sure if you followed Mat's playing career but firstly he was an Illawarra junior so was never bought by us in that sense.

Secondly I'd argue he was the most creative half we have had in the 21st century. Go back and watch the 2005 Anzac Day Game or any other games around that time to see what a good player he was.

His main problem was defence and getting injured at the wrong times.

You commented the other day that Mary 'bled red and white' well FMD so did Head then by your standards mate.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Not sure if you followed Mat's playing career but firstly he was an Illawarra junior so was never bought by us in that sense.

Secondly I'd argue he was the most creative half we have had in the 21st century. Go back and watch the 2005 Anzac Day Game or any other games around that time to see what a good player he was.

His main problem was defence and getting injured at the wrong times.

You commented the other day that Mary 'bled red and white' well FMD so did Head then by your standards mate.
Agree, I reckon we would have won the comp in 2005, but if I remember correctly, I think he got injured. Smart player, reminded me a lot of an English half.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree, I reckon we would have won the comp in 2005, but if I remember right correctly I think he got injured. Smart player, reminded me a lot of an English half.
Head was a very creative half, there is no doubt about that, however it doesn't mean he translates to being a creative attacking coach which we need. We lack scoring points and it is up to Head to get that sorted out first and foremost. If he can't then he shouldn't be there - as simple as that.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Head was a very creative half, there is no doubt about that, however it doesn't mean he translates to being a creative attacking coach which we need. We lack scoring points and it is up to Head to get that sorted out first and foremost. If he can't then he shouldn't be there - as simple as that.
I'm not even sure he is the attacking coach, you'll see him running the water in the blue shirt tomorrow, didn't think attacking coaches did those responsibilities.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not even sure he is the attacking coach, you'll see him running the water in the blue shirt tomorrow, didn't think attacking coaches did those responsibilities.
All I know is that Head is the main assistant coach and in my view has a lot to do with the attack or lack of it.

Yow

Juniors
The Roosters bring their young ones along steadily as you say Yow and that is good for the Roosters because they have had others who were very good holding onto their first grade spots until the likes of say Walker became more confident (or should I say, (Robbo had confidence in him) to play first grade fulltime.

We on the other hand don't have any other now. If Hook wants to bring the young ones along steadily, why did we get rid of Dufty and Norman? If both were still in our system, we could have had some experienced guys still doing their thing (albeit not too efficiently) until the young ones steadily improved and were totally ready in the eyes of Hook. It is a catch 22 situation. Is Mbye at fullback better in attack than Dufty? Why get rid of Dufty and sign up Mbye? Let Dufty do his thing while Sloan/Ramsey become better.

To me, we don't have the luxury of steadily bringing up the young ones if the current ones are not that much better.
Duffty is a better in attack than Mbye but Mbye is a better defender Sloan wouldnt of learnt anything off Duffty . Attack is not the things Sloan has to work on.

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan didn't do himself any favours with his game today. His lack of effort at times was perplexing. Hook's decision seems very sensible now.