What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

u guys still doubt minichello???

Red Bear

Referee
Hunt is sh*t, could tackle a 2 year old. although may have a future at 5/8.
Bowen would be 4th, knwe i had forgoten someone, but still not as complete fullback as the three i mentioned.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Meanie said:
Matt Bowen and Karmichael Hunt eh?

Hunt is far from the Australian Fullback. Stewart , Bowen and Slater in my opinion have way too many faults in thier game to be starting fullback for Australia. While they can run , they have alot of other factors that let them down. Hornby , Hodgson , Mini and Schifcofske are the best fullbacks imo as they are the complete all round fullbacks...though id consider Bowen off the bench.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
The reason being that he is a kiwi, although hasnt stopped Bennet in the past.

and the fact hes just not as good as the others. he can run with it but i feel thats about it
his defence,safety,mistake rate, positional play all arent as good or near the class of the others

Meanie

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
The reason being that he is a kiwi, although hasnt stopped Bennet in the past.

He's eligible for Australia, that's all that matters. So in a realistic assessment of who is in the pecking order to represent Australia, he's eligible for discussion.

Meanie

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
and the fact hes just not as good as the others. he can run with it but i feel thats about it
his defence,safety,mistake rate, positional play all arent as good or near the class of the others

He's had 1.5 missed tackles a game, and has saved many a try for Brisbane this year. Christ he misses one defensive read on Barrett and suddenly he's the worst defensive fullback in the comp?

He's gotten to become one of the safest under the high ball and with a rolling ball at speed considering his shaky start to the season in that area.

He's making less than one error a game, less than half an error a game in his last 5.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Hunt is an excellent player. He just lacks one thing- a yard or two of speed.

It certainly says something about the fullbacks we have atm when Wesser seems to be ranked about 7th or 8th.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Hodgson brigade strikes again!

"Mini is sh*t house in defense", "he'll only be picked because he plays for the Chooks". LOL

Keep it up, it's hilarious.

MrSharky

Juniors
Miniciello>Hodgson. But only just, and Hodgo is in better form ATM...

Peachey on the other hand... ;-)

:cool:

KFC

Juniors
Minichiello is bigger, stronger and faster than Hodgson that is why Minichiello will be the Australian fullback.

In saying that Hodgson has a fabulous football brain and that is what makes him so effective.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
HOW GOOD WAS MINI"S TRY!!!!
IT WAS ALL HIM!

nope, forget the fact that Toupou broke the line twice
forget the fact that Toupou put in a sick offload
NOPE
It was all MINI
He was the one that made it happen!

geez!
he scored that try because he was running in support!
WOOOOP-DEEE bloody doo!
Any fullback/winger should do that and can do that and they do do that! To go on about how good mini was in that try and that it was all him is absolute garbage. Give Toupou the wraps!

Look at it this way. If Toupou hadn't done those two linebreaks and that sick offload, would mini be down the other end scoring the try 10 seconds later?
NO!

The difference between Hodgson and Mini is that Mini gets the wraps off other people's brilliance.... Hodgo CREATES the brilliance

Mini will get the australian fullback
but it just continues to prove that the selection system is a JOKE
and it will see me and many others continue to not support Australia

melon....

Coach
Balmain Bug said:
Hodgson has killed Mini this year. Mini played a good Origin series sure. If Hodgo was there he would have played a BETTER one.

Both times Hodgo faced Mini this year Hodgo has come out on top. Hodgo has won more games for the WT than Mini has for the Chooksters.

You cant argue with Fact.
Ragdoll Hodgson has been playing behind a seriously good team. If Teh Tigers were going as sh*t as Easts, Ragdoll would be doing jack. Mini on the otherhand, has been playing behind a crap side all year, and still outperforming Ragdoll.