What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U16 Euro Cup

screeny

Bench
langpark.

I don't think it's hijacking. Yanto is keen to get the 'truth' out into the public domain and deserves the right to respond to the Serbian post, whihc was quite damning (sleeping on changing room floor!) of the Dutch, and in great detail.

Also, can I just say that I made no comment about the girl - I'm keeping it RL you sick freaks!

langpark

First Grade
he always seems out to steal the thunder of Serbia or any other emerging nation that gets an article written about them.

Copa

Bench
dorcolrugby said:
Organization of the match - the same as number of domestic players: zero! So disputed RLEF Development Executive Kevin Rudd marked the field, availability of poor stadium for the match, the banquet,... You said that Serbians were not the best guest? Well, tell here to everyone what did we do bad in Holland. Here are the "bad guests" in affect, on the banquet and before we went to Amsterdam! At least, we didn't pay you the beer on the banquet (because you din't give single free beer for the players) with the coins of 10 Euro cents. The banquet! How much did it cost you - about 50 Euros total?
THat "banquet" food..... what is that big pile of gunk on the plate near the top?

In those five years, we played v France, Lebanon, Morocco, Holland, Georgia, Russia, Greece (versus some of them several times).
THat's more teams than the Kangaroos have played against over the last 5 years

screeny

Bench
langpark said:
he always seems out to steal the thunder of Serbia or any other emerging nation that gets an article written about them.

That's coz he's jealous, resentful and bitter - but he still has the right to air counter arguments to those who are casting aspertions his way (again: forcing Serbia to sleep on the floor of the changing room?!?!).

The Serbian lad has posted a pic of some sh*te food and said it's the 'banquet' fare the Dutch put on. Now, we have no way of knowing whether it is or not, unless Yanto corroborates the Serb's allegation.

Same with the rest of it.

nadera78

Juniors
screeny said:
Also, can I just say that I made no comment about the girl - I'm keeping it RL you sick freaks!

You've been in France for too long buddy, all those hairy, cigarette-stained women have warped your mind!

screeny

Bench
nadera78 said:
You've been in France for too long buddy, all those hairy, cigarette-stained women have warped your mind!

I'm in Dubai now. A good mixture of fit European and Lebanese chicks. Blast! You've duped me into not keeping it RL, you rogue...

langpark

First Grade
nadera78 said:

No one who's been to France would say that. French chicks are hot, very under-rated.

YANTO

Juniors
langpark said:

Is that what you think???

One or two of the posters on this board know the details of why the Dutch and Serbia have a bit of bad feeling between the two nations.
The RLEF even suggested that the two countries would not meet for a few years.

I wont go public on the reasons and me and Jovan have exchanged emails over the problems..

Other nations have been more succesful ON AND OF THE FIELD but not got the same support.
Not just Holland.

You guys down under read what you want but we are at the grassroots here and we know what is going on.
Have the RLEF EVER told you why Georgia and Holland have gone???
NO
Why not??

They are great in giving the reports on progress but dont think about their failures.

Why has Catalan Spain not been made a move on with the Dragons just over the border?
Why has Belgium not been investigated after all its next door to France and Holland.
Where are Austria and Estonia this year?

One guy ( no conection to any RLEF new country) quoted to me "Officials can go all over Europe presenting trophies and making out the game is developing but when the closest nations to the Uk ,which is the heartland of northern hemasphire league,are being ignored what chance has the game got"

Enough said....

nadera78

Juniors
langpark said:
No one who's been to France would say that. French chicks are hot, very under-rated.

Been there any number of times, not really to my taste to be honest. Spanish ladies on the other hand.....

YANTO

Juniors
langpark said:
langpark.....have you SEEN whats going on in europe mate??
I try and gather as much as I can to give you guys on the other side of the world the info regarding Europe.

Now go to any of the new nations websites.
Estonia.
Germany.
Russia.
Czech Republic.
Sweden.
Norway.
Ukraine.
Scotland.
Marocco.
Portugal etc etc etc

In this day and age (with simple technoalgy) its so easy to promote the game.
Youtube is available to EVERYONE with a vid cam or a telephone camera.

Why then is there very little European Development posted on this medium.
90% of youtube European development games are posted by myself on what video coverage is available.
Holland v Scotland Students.
Holland v Czech Republic.
Holland v Serbia,
Serbia v Holland.
Holand v Serbia
Serbia v Georgia etc etc etc just go to youtube and search for nnrlb

Now one reply which may just let me of the hook as being a guy who "always seems out to steal the thunder of Serbia or any other emerging nation that gets an article written about them"

Go to http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=u4KOrq3JHYU

Serbia v Georgia in the world cup.
Read the comments............................................

I'm impressed by the standard of play. Good defence for long period.

(Antwoorden)

manowar666
who do you follow the muppets

(Antwoorden)

yanto
Developing Nations in Europe could suprise a few people.
The standard is improving all the time all it needs is the support of the proffessionals and the game could explode.

(Antwoorden)

manowar666
have you any videos from u16s nations cup euro celts

(Antwoorden)

yanto
You would have to ask the Serb guys.
Try their website for the contact.
Sorry mate..

(Antwoorden)

manowar666
their web posted nothing............ who gave them that tournament .................the mobiles phones dont even work the food was sh*te the kids played on artificle pitch cheer yanto

(Antwoorden)

manowar666
they were awarded this comp and they have some police team match on there web the only thing that will explode in belgrade is thier public relations................... it is not the ussr . let people know what is happining

NOW
That is NOT my comments but it seems like the comments of a guy that is involved with youth development in the Celtic nations.

langpark DONT JUDGE me alone mate........Europe is not as developing as you expect.

langpark

First Grade
Ok sorry Yanto, I take back what I said. I appeciate all that you've done for the game by the way.

RLIF

Juniors
I think all us International League fans live in a fantasy world some days!!! But its great to hear that at the 2009 Euro U16's a full Czech side will be entering!

YANTO

Juniors
RLIF said:
I think all us International League fans live in a fantasy world some days!!! But its great to hear that at the 2009 Euro U16's a full Czech side will be entering!
That is superb.
At least now (for the first time as far as I am concerned) the RLEF have looked ahead and given a couple of years for teams to prepare.

Maybe as a new organisation some of the nations were used to get games played.
Now they at least have a two year plan for the under 16's which is TERRIFIC.

In ten years time hopefully a full structure will be in place and the sacrifices made in the last few years by a LOT of people on the continent will reap rewards.

NO matter what some of you guys think I WANT THE GAME TO SUCCEED IN EUROPE.

dorcolrugby

Juniors
There was a player in Euro Celts team called Peter Carr from Ireland, but he had to be U16 not 23. If he is manowar666, he is obviously a liar and his ages on his youtube profile are the lie No.1.

Next, on the Serbian web site, "police match" is 19th article on the home page (even in English), so calling on that is another malicious comment.

Next, mobile phones work perfectly in Serbia, (3 networks are enough for a country of our size and all working very good and without difficulties). One more thing about bad and poor Serbia: the father of Scottish boy who got injured in the match v France wants to come again with his son to Belgrade in next few days and to take his other kid and wife with him this time!

"sh*te food"? Just ask CZ Andy why he has nothing against his national team's staying at the same place for Serbia v Czech Republic (European Shield) game. Everyone who was in Serbia is delighted with the food, so this is ordinary bull sh*t. I know very well that they had full board in the hostel and the meal on the pitch, as well.

I don't really think that having a good web-site is the main item of RL development. In my opinion, these are players of all junior categories, stable domestic competition and playing international matches, even pushing RL in local media (TV, newspapers, etc.) is before internet. OK, nowadays, it is very important, but not the most. It is not the must for Serbian Rugby League to put Euro Nations Cup on its web-site, RLEF had to do that and they did it. For example, Scots gave a false info about the score v Serbia (who they didn't even play with), there are no infos on English web site. There are going to be on Serbian web-site with all infos when admin of the site come back from the vacation, don't worry. We are not developing the game for some computer lubbers who watch every grammar mistake in our posts or in articles on our web site, we are developing it for the kids who want to play something great, something healthy and fighting.

If manowar666 (Yanto's mate from youtube) is not Peter Carr (which I strongly believe), he is just another heavy-metal-satanist-junkie whose comments are not my area of interests.

jvujosevic

Juniors
As tournament director I will just put email that I received from Scottish parent:

Jovan,

Well we are home safe and sound after our most excellent trip to your city
and the tournament. Can I once again thank you for all your help in
organising what was a fantastic tournamet, control off the pitch and
support of my son when he was taken to hospital. Clearly the matches could
have gone better for Scotland, and in Crawford's case his injury was a big
disappointmnet to him, but that in no way distracted from what was great
fun and an experience thanks to you and your teams work that we are very
keen to repeat. On that theme I have spoken to Crawford's club coach @
Gateshead Panthers here in the North East of England and he is up for a
trip out next May for a couple of club games under 16 age group. We went
to Prague and played the Czech national under 17 team, some of whom were
in the euro celts side this may and are keen to expand our contats and
friends within the game of rugby league. More of that latter, perhaps
when I come out again.

As you will recall I was really sold on your city and your country and now
I have sold the idea to my wife and youngest son - 12 years. We are
looking at flight dates 30th July to 6th August. I stayed at the Hotel
Srbija which I was impressed with - I know they have appartments which
would suite our needs and hoped that you might contact them or some
similair hotel you may have contacts with and see if you could negotiate a
good deal for us. Certainly would appreciate your time and effort and
would hope to meet up with you dinner one night at least.

Crawf and I are sitting here with our official Serbian RFL polo shirts on.
He has been a bit dizzy and feeling sick since we got back and had him to
the doctors today. They in turn are to refer him to the hospitail, so now
comes the second favour. Can I ask you for the name and contact details of
the neuro surgeon that he saw at the hospitail in Belgrade. He spoke very
good english and has worked with the SRFL in the past, Milos knows his
name. I didn't get a note of it and may have to contact him if there are
any concerns about how Crawford is recovering. I think and hope that this
will never be needed as it means my son is on the mend, but better safe
than sorry.

Right off the show the pictures of the tournament and the city sites to my
wife. Been warm here today but nowhere near as hot as with you. Can't wait
to get back, feels almost like my second home.

Once again thanks for all you did and I hope these requests are not too
much of a liberty to ask.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon,

Stephen Matthews

And I will also put all emails from all teams management that I received after tournament. That everybody can see how Serbian RL organized EURO U16.

I think that manowar666 isn't Peter Carr, because Peter Carr is one very nice young boy who came far away to play for Euro Celts team, before all teams and it was very brave for one young U16 to come alone and to represent Ireland on Euro U16. As I saw Peter liked Serbia.

screeny

Bench
Yanto keeps going on about the truth so let him bang on as he wishes. It's only a bad look for him, nobody else.

Evil Homer

Staff member
FWIW, the Serbian hospitality was superb when I visited earlier in the year - no issues with phones or food. This bitterness towards people working hard to spread the game and making good progress is pathetic to say the least.

Latest posts