What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U16 Euro Cup

dorcolrugby

Juniors
Round 2
England v Serbia
_E0M3526-1600x1140.jpg

_E0M3621-1600x1027.jpg

_E0M3811-1600x1031.jpg

_E0M3905-1600x964.jpg

screeny

Bench
Outstanding pictures. As Kurt Angle said, it's great seeing these different nations' kids playing against each other: a real first for RL.

thommo4pm

Coach
Great work by all to have the tournament staged and actually happen.
It is great to see the kids from differing nations playing against each other at the U/16 level.
Very encouraging for all Rugby League lovers. :D

dorcolrugby

Juniors
The cream at the end - Award for the best team and the look at the stands (medals and the Cup were awarded by Mrs Nichole Wordworth, wife of UK ambassador in Serbia):
2-400x266.jpg

1-400x266.jpg

4-400x266.jpg

2-374x400.jpg
pedofilija2-255x400.jpg

dorcolrugby

Juniors
And finally the Dream Team of U16 Euro Nations Cup (bad quality):
Front row:
1- Morgan Escare (France)
2- Quentin Nauroy (France)
3- Darren Seeds (England)
4- Dejan Hafizovic (Serbia)
5- Clement Soubreyas (France)
6- Filip Brkic (Serbia)
7- Gregg McNally (England)
Back row:
8- Michael Lithgow (England)
9- Kyle Blackmore (Euro Celts)
10- James Donaldson (England)
11- Timur Khasanov (Russia)
12- Jake Brown (Euro Celts)
13- Tom Beaumont (Euro Celts)
Euro13-400x300.jpg

YANTO said:
A sensational finish - and brilliant second half defensive display which kept their opponents scoreless - saw England take the inaugural European Rugby League under 16’s title, with a 14-12 win over favourites France in the decider in Belgrade. Outstanding scrum half Greg McNally claimed all England’s points, his winning penalty coming in the final minute. The French outscored their rivals by two tries to one but their determined efforts were eventually undone by the sin binnings of half backs Maxim Fages and Tony Gigot in a feisty first half. McNally kicked three penalties in the opening forty minutes but the Tricolors led 12-6 at the break courtesy of tries to centre Antony Rastouil and Gigot with Morgan Escare landing a conversion and Gigot a penalty. The French tried everything to break the English resolve in a desperate second half onslaught but as they tired, McNally proved to be the match winner with a converted try and his last gasp match winner to delirious scenes. In the third-placed play off, the European Celts produced their best performance to just hold off the challenge of hosts Serbia, 22-20, in a fine game that enthralled the enthusiastic home crowd. The sides were locked at 8-all going into the break when Welshman Jake’s Brown’s long run set up Ethan Woodvine for a try, converted by Ian Marshall, to break the deadlock. Serbia had taken an early lead, Filip Brkic kicking two penalties to go with a try by winger Dragan Kranjec. Hooker Kyle Blackmore cut the deficit and second rower Brown also crossed. In a tense second period, the select side just held their composure as both teams scored two more touchdowns. Back rowers Stefan Nikolic and Niksa Unkovic were the home heroes, Brkic converting both while for the Celts, Woodvine and man of the match Brown both finished with a brace.
Russia survived a late surge from Scotland to take fifth spot in the tournament. The Bear cubs led 18-0 midway through the second half but tries from loose forward Conor Dow and Nathan Delgado soon after, both converted by Indio Singh, made it 18-12 at the finish. The powerful charges of prop Timur Khasanov settled the Russians in the nervy opening exchanges, leading to tries for centre Sergey Pavluchenkov, winger Fedor Kovalchuk and full back Nikolay Kalashnikov; all of which were unconverted. Left winger Timur Khairetdinov extended the lead, Sergey Nikolaevsky adding the extras and the Russians, well led by scrum half Marat Sibagatullin, had just enough in reserve to take the spoils.

From the RLEF website....

What's Nikolay Kalashnikov's nickname - AK47 Pehaps?????

CZ Andy

Juniors
This bird was at all the games, her and her mates had French flags at the final and were on the recieving end of some serious banter.

Spoke to her after the Serbia-England game, she's 14 years old! Made a swift exit.

roopy

Referee
CZ Andy said:
This bird was at all the games, her and her mates had French flags at the final and were on the recieving end of some serious banter.

Spoke to her after the Serbia-England game, she's 14 years old! Made a swift exit.
I deleted the more suggestive of the photos on the strength of that revelation.

I also deleted a few comments, which i'm sure guys wouldn't have made if they knew the girl's age.

YANTO

Juniors
dorcolrugby said:
Yes, sleeping in the changing rooms was quite great memory on that event. However, zero domestic RL competition players (you missed Joel Barret, Stuart Barker and Martijn Jonkers, I think that they also played abroad).

What about Joel Barret, Kees Foxton, Jorik Moree, Aaron de Jager and Phil Parkinson (at least 3 of them has pretty tiny connections with Holland, but that was not the point)? The point is zero domestic RL team's players again.
And really, bad financial situation in Holland didn't caused just cancellation of the trip to Belgrade of some players, but these who came (with Yanto on their head) payed their hotel and transfer bills (few hundreds Euros) with coins. Poor Holland RL!

Duncan Taylor and Alan Barker in 25-men sqaud, too, but unfortunaltely zero from domestic RL competition club's again. And Dayne Nierinckx - classic provocateur, but doesn't matter. We had four boys from abroad (brothers Simeunovic form UK, David Milovanovic and Milan Radojevic from Australia, all of them with Serbian names, you couldn't recognize that they are not from Serbia).
Organization of the match - the same as number of domestic players: zero! So disputed RLEF Development Executive Kevin Rudd marked the field, availability of poor stadium for the match, the banquet,... You said that Serbians were not the best guest? Well, tell here to everyone what did we do bad in Holland. Here are the "bad guests" in affect, on the banquet and before we went to Amsterdam! At least, we didn't pay you the beer on the banquet (because you din't give single free beer for the players) with the coins of 10 Euro cents. The banquet! How much did it cost you - about 50 Euros total? About that, ask everyone about us (Lebanese, French, Germans,...). If you said "unsatisfied" (because the referee didn't see two knock-ons in the set when you scored the first ry), it would be OK, but "not the best guests that" you "had hosted", it's simply miserly.

So, total of zero domestic RL competition club player is the fact that you should live with. Whitehaven school would have it more in full English U16 national team, that was the point.
Playing v Holland: anywhere, anytime!

In those five years, we played v France, Lebanon, Morocco, Holland, Georgia, Russia, Greece (versus some of them several times). We had one draw v Morocco in Med Cup and all losses except Czech Republic. Who have you beaten? Czechs (less than 14-men Serbian squad) and Serbia three times? Who have you played with? I believe you haven't thought about the likes of France, Aussie-based Lebanon and Aussie-based Greeks.
Not more impressive than Serbia.

Because we are giving our best to develop and establish the game in this part of Europe, fulfilling our obligations and competining wherevere we can, playing domestic competition for six years, having junior competitions and U14 and U16 players, organization capabilities for the high-level competitions, etc., etc., etc.

OK, I will, but I wonder if he rolls his eyes again when he hear.

And, explain to the people, if you are so keen in RL development, why are you working for Rugby Union?

Jovan and Kevin Rudd

DO YOU REALLY want me to reply in public to this ??

Kevin as you have asked to me to refrain from negative comments I HAVE A LOT TO SAY to this Serbian reply.

roopy

Referee
From an impartial fans point of view.
Serbia are doing a fantastic job and going to Holland for a game was brilliant.
The work Yanto did in getting games played in Holland was brilliant.
The RLEF and RLIF obviously have no money - but they should find some and do a hell of a lot more.

nadera78

Juniors
roopy said:

I also deleted a few comments, which i'm sure guys wouldn't have made if they knew the girl's age.

Phew!

Came back on here and was suprised to see my comments had been removed. Wasn't sure why, but then read the comment from CZAndy and I'm glad the comments were removed. 14? Deary me!

langpark

First Grade
roopy said:

A bit unecessary, I'm a teen myself so I don't regret saying she's hot, and I'm sure most people still agree she's hot, and i highly doubt she's 14 too, she just said it for a reaction.

Anyway, I'd just like to say it's a shame that yanto has to hijack every thread because of his bitterness about the demise of Dutch RL.

Latest posts