What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U20's Gay Slur

TYGA

Juniors
It has just been reported that Moses was the one responsible for the "f**king gay c***" slur in the U20's Origin game at the weekend.

This is an absolutely disgusting act by Moses, and the fact he has got 2 weeks suspension is sickening. We ban people for life for calling players racist names and claim to be a sport supporting women through the farcical "Women in League Round". So why then does the NRL take it so lightly when a PLAYER is brutally homophobic towards another player. Swearing at each other is part of the game, but bringing sexuality into it is disgusting. It is laughable that mere weeks ago the code began encouraging people to come out and admit they are gay. Why the f**k would young players want to come out, when uneducated f**king boofheads like Moses villify them. It is poor form and utter hypocrisy by the NRL that Moses gets off scott free for this.

The bottom line is, Moses should be sacked from his duties by the Wests Tigers. I will write them a letter strongly urging them too, although I doubt this will make any difference. Furthermore, Moses should be given a life ban by the NRL, just as fans who abuse players racially at games.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moses-banned-gay-slur/

There is no difference between those scum-bag racists, and the scum-bag homophobe that Moses is. Actually, there is. Moses is a role model, and should know better. All the more reason to ban him.

When he debuts for our club I will be sickened. It is a disgrace to award him with such honours after this. He deserves to be punished for the scum that he is.

The kid is 19 years of age and I appreciate this has offended yourself as a member of the Gay community but its an over reaction. Listen to yourself your words are worse than his. there is no way he was being discriminatory based on sexual preference he was obviously belittling the player on the field in an unfortunate fashion.

Where do you draw the line? I am a bigger supporter in the WAG slurs they hit home more abruptly and are more palatable.

Wow talk about an over reaction. hit a raw nerve did it mate?

I assume when you refer to "those scum bag racists" you're referring to yourself? I find it very amusing that you have such strong views on this form of vilification yet just days ago you referred to polynesian players as "jungle boys" in the Taupau thread. What a hypocrite you are calling Moses an uneducated boofhead when you've made such a blatant racist remark yourself.

Maybe you should be sacked and banned from the forum.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=433386&page=3

That is outstanding. Time to get a new callsign LeagueLegend20!
You just got ganked.
You no longer have any credibility. See ya.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
During the two week ban he should be forced to attend gay bars & drag shows to gain an appreciation for homosexual culture. Then he can prepare a speech to give his teammates about how wonderful and varied gay culture is. After that he will no longer think of insulting another player by calling them gay, as it will be a compliment by then. :sarcasm:

phenisha

Juniors
The point remains. Most of us and go to work and tell workmates or clients the same thing and we would likely get fired. I am sure there are clauses in his contract that stipulate what is allowable and what is not.

Either way the club should probably take away the possibility of playing NRL this year from him (if they were considering it) as that would be more of a punishment to him than the 2 match suspension he will serve.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
young and silly. he's still a kid ffs.

make him publicly apologise, that teaches him the consequences of being disrespectful and should shame him enough to not want to do it again.

2 week suspension is adequate imo.

No way should he be denied the opportunity to play NRL footy this year (not that i think he will be) over this.

people make mistakes.

I'd suggest that the shit said by Mark Gasnier years ago to some woman, about being toey and something about sauce was far more disrespectful.

I must be going against the grain but I don't think he should even get 2 weeks. Much worse is said on the field every week. I think it is a media blow up. The NRL is not consistent in these matters and many prominent first graders have said far worse this season and in previous years. The club should fight the two weeks and use a lot of evidence of other players saying worse and getting no suspension.

young and silly. he's still a kid ffs.

make him publicly apologise, that teaches him the consequences of being disrespectful and should shame him enough to not want to do it again.

2 week suspension is adequate imo.

No way should he be denied the opportunity to play NRL footy this year (not that i think he will be) over this.

people make mistakes.

I'd suggest that the shit said by Mark Gasnier years ago to some woman, about being toey and something about sauce was far more disrespectful.

This is pretty much my thoughts. He made a mistake, but I don't think there was any actual homophobia in the comment (is the Queensland player actually gay?) but it was said in the heat of the moment, and he probably isn't wise enough or experienced enough to control that. A suspension will ensure that he learns his lesson and possibly give him some counseling to ensure that he understands the full implications of what he did.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must be going against the grain but I don't think he should even get 2 weeks. Much worse is said on the field every week. I think it is a media blow up. The NRL is not consistent in these matters and many prominent first graders have said far worse this season and in previous years. The club should fight the two weeks and use a lot of evidence of other players saying worse and getting no suspension.

A suspension probably isn't necessary. But it will act as a tremendous deterrent, and that's why I have no issue with it.

innsaneink

Referee
Mate the club has been under heavy criticism for withdrawing brooks from that game, it will increase 10 fold if we try to appeal the suspension, its clear as day theres nothing to appeal...as for finding other incidnets worse yeh good luck with that

LL20 hasnt returned I see. What a surprise :lol:

The Rosco

Bench
What a pathetic, politically correct unwarranted massive over-reaction.
Kids today call all sorts of stuff gay. and they don't mean folks having sex with the same sex.
For instance, last weekend I asked my 16yr old son if he wanted to come to Bunnings with me. His reply ? . . . nah, that's gay. Once I got to Bunnings, I kept an eye out for outwardly flamboyant homosexual men buying hardware needs. Didn't see many.
If kids think something is uncool it just might be called gay.
If Moses came out(Oh hang on . . . . shouldn't have said "came out" coz it might have deep-seated psychological ramifications on a curious lad. Or girl. I don't want to be seen as sexist too ) and told this player he was a filthy rump ranger androtrop . . . then he has done wrong.
But to only call him a gay merkin ?. Really ?. When you do something good, they call you a sick merkin. So should we go and apologise to every ward in the local hospital ?.
He might need a warning about the new wave of incredible sensitivity in society, but I don't even agree with the 2 weeks.
What about the slurs against mothers and sisters in every game from day dot?. Usually aimed at the 3 fun front bits. how come no bleeding hearts for that? . . . been going on for years and years.