What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U20's Gay Slur

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
It has just been reported that Moses was the one responsible for the "f**king gay c***" slur in the U20's Origin game at the weekend.

This is an absolutely disgusting act by Moses, and the fact he has got 2 weeks suspension is sickening. We ban people for life for calling players racist names and claim to be a sport supporting women through the farcical "Women in League Round". So why then does the NRL take it so lightly when a PLAYER is brutally homophobic towards another player. Swearing at each other is part of the game, but bringing sexuality into it is disgusting. It is laughable that mere weeks ago the code began encouraging people to come out and admit they are gay. Why the f**k would young players want to come out, when uneducated f**king boofheads like Moses villify them. It is poor form and utter hypocrisy by the NRL that Moses gets off scott free for this.

The bottom line is, Moses should be sacked from his duties by the Wests Tigers. I will write them a letter strongly urging them too, although I doubt this will make any difference. Furthermore, Moses should be given a life ban by the NRL, just as fans who abuse players racially at games.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moses-banned-gay-slur/

There is no difference between those scum-bag racists, and the scum-bag homophobe that Moses is. Actually, there is. Moses is a role model, and should know better. All the more reason to ban him.

When he debuts for our club I will be sickened. It is a disgrace to award him with such honours after this. He deserves to be punished for the scum that he is.

Last edited:

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Suspended for 2 matches is a joke... The NRL clearly does not comprehend the magnitude of the problem. It turns everyone off the game, and makes people think that the sport is played only by scumbags.

RHCP

Bench
Gallen didn't get sacked for calling Paea a black merkin? Who got banned for life?

Bateman not having a problem with it probably made it easier on Moses.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I was talking about fans, the man who called Petero a n****r a few years ago at Parramatta stadium springs to mind.

Matchball

Bench
But is the guy gay?
If he is openly gay and Moses made the statement then it's justified and a disgraceful act.
But if he isn't gay then who is offended?. I've been called gay, nice person etc over the years by mindless idiots who are obviously vocabulary challenged and nice person is their go to insult.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Life ban for a sexist/racist comment is clearly an over reaction mate.

Yes, the punnishment is weak. He should also be made to publicly apologise to the players face

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no issues with the ban. If anything I think it is too harsh. He is playing in the u 20's - give him a break.

Yes its wrong and I don't agree with it however there are better ways to handle it than releasing his name to the public. I think that is the wrong approach. I think he should be given some private counselling.

dribble73

Juniors
It's come on the back of a media conference by the NRL a month ago where they claimed they were wiping this sort of stuff out of the game. Maybe a hard line approach would prove that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should have called for an investigation every time I was vilified on the field and called a f**kin fat merkin, red headed merkin, white merkin, dumb merkin, lazy merkin, chicken leg merkin, albino merkin, bald merkin, monobrow merkin, chicken breast merkin.

Harden the f**k up give the kid a break.

Give him a slap on the wrist, two week ban and some counselling and move on.

gords

Juniors
It's not right but anyone who has played footy has copped some type of abuse and been called similar and worse.

Maybe I should have called for an investigation every time I was vilified on the field and called a f**kin fat merkin, red headed merkin, white merkin, dumb merkin, lazy merkin, chicken leg merkin, albino merkin, bald merkin, monobrow merkin, chicken breast merkin.

Harden the f**k up give the kid a break.

Give him a slap on the wrist, two week ban and some counselling and move on.

You sound like a handsome rooster

Radical Rat

Juniors
It has just been reported that Moses was the one responsible for the "f**king gay c***" slur in the U20's Origin game at the weekend.

This is an absolutely disgusting act by Moses, and the fact he has got 2 weeks suspension is sickening. We ban people for life for calling players racist names and claim to be a sport supporting women through the farcical "Women in League Round". So why then does the NRL take it so lightly when a PLAYER is brutally homophobic towards another player. Swearing at each other is part of the game, but bringing sexuality into it is disgusting. It is laughable that mere weeks ago the code began encouraging people to come out and admit they are gay. Why the f**k would young players want to come out, when uneducated f**king boofheads like Moses villify them. It is poor form and utter hypocrisy by the NRL that Moses gets off scott free for this.

The bottom line is, Moses should be sacked from his duties by the Wests Tigers. I will write them a letter strongly urging them too, although I doubt this will make any difference. Furthermore, Moses should be given a life ban by the NRL, just as fans who abuse players racially at games.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moses-banned-gay-slur/

There is no difference between those scum-bag racists, and the scum-bag homophobe that Moses is. Actually, there is. Moses is a role model, and should know better. All the more reason to ban him.

When he debuts for our club I will be sickened. It is a disgrace to award him with such honours after this. He deserves to be punished for the scum that he is.

Wow talk about an over reaction. hit a raw nerve did it mate?

I assume when you refer to "those scum bag racists" you're referring to yourself? I find it very amusing that you have such strong views on this form of vilification yet just days ago you referred to polynesian players as "jungle boys" in the Taupau thread. What a hypocrite you are calling Moses an uneducated boofhead when you've made such a blatant racist remark yourself.

Maybe you should be sacked and banned from the forum.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=433386&page=3

Juniors
Is the kid on the receiving end Gay and if so did Moses know?

If there was intent his punishment was too lenient, if not than it's an over reaction to it being heard on the mics.

There's worse things said by fathers at an under 10s.

Unfortunately this incident doesn't surprise me,the constant profanity that came out of some of our WT u/20's against the GC to me was unnecessary, and dissappointing that it had not been addressed earlier by WT and NRL management.

magpie guy

Juniors
A two week ban and compulsory counselling sounds like the appropriate action by the NRL. The intent does not appear to be that Moses attempted to vilify the player he insulted and Moses has apologised. An all out ban would be an overreaction.

I believe it means that the NRL and society as a whole need to do more to remove 'gay' as a general insult rather than it being a case of homophobia. It is not acceptable for Moses to have made those comments but if it remains an isolated incident then he should not lose his career over it before it begins.

edit - I am extremely disappointed that it was a Tigers player in a representative game that made those comments. I expect the club themselves to take some action regarding Moses but would rather it be education and counselling related rather than strictly punitive.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee

I assume when you refer to "those scum bag racists" you're referring to yourself? I find it very amusing that you have such strong views on this form of vilification yet just days ago you referred to polynesian players as "jungle boys" in the Taupau thread. What a hypocrite you are calling Moses an uneducated boofhead when you've made such a blatant racist remark yourself.

Yep, thought this jerk was familiar..well spotted

Hypocrite indeed

mepelthwack

Juniors
What an over-reaction.

Seemed like a general insult only kind of thing and if that is indeed the case then his punishment was too harsh if anything.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was talking about fans, the man who called Petero a n****r a few years ago at Parramatta stadium springs to mind.

:lol:

Latest posts