What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U20's on Fox Tomorrow (Sunday)

TheRev

First Grade
Unless ive missed one, this is the first televised match all year for our holden cup team, coverage begins 11:30am tomorrow (Sunday) on Fox 1.

Obviously hoping for a huge improvement, but great chance to see the kids go round either way, feel free to add any feedback/reports on the game in this post!

SAP58

Juniors
Unless ive missed one, this is the first televised match all year for our holden cup team, coverage begins 11:30am tomorrow (Sunday) on Fox 1.

Obviously hoping for a huge improvement, but great chance to see the kids go round either way, feel free to add any feedback/reports on the game in this post!

Totally agree, love watching the up and comers play...keep an eye on Jacob Host, one for the future !

Totally agree, love watching the up and comers play...keep an eye on Jacob Host, one for the future !

Totally agree with you, I also hold quiet an intrest to young izzac Thompson an Luciano leluia an dufty, all junior blues, does anyone no what happens to the LoLo bros if that's how you spell it lol.

nrlnrl

First Grade
They hung on for their 2nd win of the season against a Raiders side that didn't look on their game. The Dragons deserved to win after some strong running from their pack & a very solid kicking game. The Raiders made quite a few errors in good field position & then eased the pressure by conceding penalties.

Dufty scored a 90m try, but at times was too casual in moving to the ball ( was tackled in-goal once after not attacking the ball ). He threw a smart pass for Taufu to score join the corner & looked safe under the high ball ( without much competition ). His speed & evasive skills are unquestioned, but his size worries me if he is to succeed in the NRL. I know he has another year in the Under 20's, so hopefully he can add some bulk & strength without sacrificing too much speed.

Leilua scored 2 tries from powerful runs & came up with some strong defence, but he needs to get involved more & definitely work on his fitness ( he also has another year in Under 20's ). Hutchison was a bit scratchy in general play, but his kicking was very impressive ( apart from one shocker that went out on the full ). He showed his experience with clever kicks to space that forced the Raiders to start their sets from their own 20 most of the time.

The others to impress me were Sele, Tate, Freebairn, Host & Attalah. The backs looked a bit clunky in attack, with a classic example a scrum late in the game when Clune was standing 30m away talking to others & Hutchison was looking for support. In the first half they looked to lack confidence ( as you'd expect from a team in 16th ), but that developed as they added points.

After last year I though Izaac Thompson would dominate in the Under 20's but he was hardly sighted. About half of the squad are in their last year in this comp, so the rest of the season will shape their careers as they hope to progress to the next level.

TheRev

First Grade
Its that 20's footy where they take turns scoring tries until someone wins.. thankfully it was us.. goalkicking probably why it was close as it was.

The individuals I had most interest in:

o #9 - Josh Daley - First time ive seen this kid, loved it.. pretty big frame, speedy runs out of dummy half, went straight thru a couple of times.. cant wait to see more.. was my 1 surprise packet from today.

o #6 - Hutchinson - He kicked ok for the most part.. but I gotta say im really unimpressed with how he has gone this year.. he should be getting better but I feel if anything he is regressing with the increase in pressure this season. Rly bummed.. and a shame Crook is too old for 20's.

o #12 - Jacob Host - I thought a standout in the back row.. liked the cut of his jib

o #1 - Matt Dufty - Still a gifted kid.. was dangerous all night as youd expect, and when he got that little bit of broken play, cya later 90m try.. ive seen him do that before, speed and footwork.. once hes in the clear he doesnt get caught.

denis preston

First Grade
Its that 20's footy where they take turns scoring tries until someone wins.. thankfully it was us.. goalkicking probably why it was close as it was.

The individuals I had most interest in:

o #9 - Josh Daley - First time ive seen this kid, loved it.. pretty big frame, speedy runs out of dummy half, went straight thru a couple of times.. cant wait to see more.. was my 1 surprise packet from today.

o #6 - Hutchinson - He kicked ok for the most part.. but I gotta say im really unimpressed with how he has gone this year.. he should be getting better but I feel if anything he is regressing with the increase in pressure this season. Rly bummed.. and a shame Crook is too old for 20's.

o #12 - Jacob Host - I thought a standout in the back row.. liked the cut of his jib

o #1 - Matt Dufty - Still a gifted kid.. was dangerous all night as youd expect, and when he got that little bit of broken play, cya later 90m try.. ive seen him do that before, speed and footwork.. once hes in the clear he doesnt get caught.

Thanks Rev. Don't know how these guys will end up but intelligence is certainly an advantage and Host has this. Interesting that he has come from the front to the back row so the club may be looking at advancing his skills as he won't stop growing.