What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uate signs 4 Year Deal

Pumba

First Grade
AKU SIGNS LONG TERM DEAL AS KNIGHTS BREAK RECORD

In one of the most eventful afternoons in recent memory, Fijian International, Akuila Uate signed on for a four year deal and a club record has been left in tatters.

Knights Website

Last edited:

Karmawave

Bench
It is really good news. Considering Mather is his agent, its a feat that must have been difficult for the club in many ways.

There's plenty of upside to his game no doubt.

CJG 182

Juniors
Fantastic news!

Hope we didn't pay overs considering he was "50/50 at best" to re-sign and we were "up against it".
Plus we have Vuna who could cover the spot easy.

Player loyalty seems to be returning to the game. Justin Poore is about to knock back huge offers from Cronulla and Parramatta to re-sign with the Dragons according to the radio reports today. He was all but out the door this time last week. I myself would be stoked to get 250 000 a year for 3 yrs guaranteed to play the game I love for a club i love even more. 350 K a year to get whooped every week would be just depressing.

General Knight

Juniors
Anyone got some inside info on who isnt going to be resigned this year? or even hinting at going somewhere else?

cram

Bench
Crikey, you would not imagine the Luke McDougall would have any chance of being resigned....

Jono078

Referee
I'm actually warming to Lulia, he's going really solid and even making some good runs in recent times.

Although I reckon Chase Stanley would be a good pick up.

I daresay Luke MacDougall will definitely go.

General Knight

Juniors

I dunno about that, on top of his 200k/3 year or so salary the Knights spent alot of money on him in getting his injuries fixed up. I doubt another club would be willing to sign him on either. Looks like we may keep him but for minimum wage, perhaps match payments. Afterall, when fit he is still a good player.

cram

Bench
I dunno about that, on top of his 200k/3 year or so salary the Knights spent alot of money on him in getting his injuries fixed up. I doubt another club would be willing to sign him on either. Looks like we may keep him but for minimum wage, perhaps match payments. Afterall, when fit he is still a good player.

Good point, but it would want to be on peanuts....no use throwing good money after bad

macavity

Referee
unxplained-photo-1225258428-35226.jpg

IanG approves of this news.

cram

Bench
That is absolute, positively GOLD....have you been on the beer Mac???.....lol

Hanscholo

Bench
I'm actually warming to Lulia, he's going really solid and even making some good runs in recent times.

Although I reckon Chase Stanley would be a good pick up.

Lulia will stay and im almost certain will move into the back row next season...He is screaming 2nd row prospect. His defence at times is just amazing, but he lacks a couple of things to be a good 3/4.

Big Tim

First Grade
Crikey, you would not imagine the Luke McDougall would have any chance of being resigned....

We were discussing this today, and the best situation for us is for Mad Pup to play 1st grade at around origin 3, and then have a blinder finish to the season, only for someone else to come in and offer him another sizable contract.

Apparently he scored 2 tries in a well beaten side on Saturday.

knights_86

Juniors
yeah there seems to be a little bit of lulia hate floating around the forums... but I think he's been quite good for us this year. sure he's no sau but he hasn't done anything wrong, is great in defence and is starting to make more inroads in attack. i'd be happy if he re-signed for another couple- if not only just to be a good fill in the centres, which we inevitably need quite a lot every season.