What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2010/11

i really dont see whats funny.... have Barcelona actually beaten arsenal at the Emirates?.... how you go there this year?.... and considering we played with our captain and best player on one leg and missing our 2 best defensive players... and in the return leg it took the ref to get you through so you should be proud

Football isn't played on paper, just cause madrid have 1 superstar a few world class players with some great youngsters doesn't mean they would beat everyone

hmmm good point you got there.

Theres just one problem. Technology. It hasnt caught up yet, and its a damn shame. let me explain:

You see recently, FC Barcelona became the official champions of europe by defeating Manchester United in a dominant performance.

YEAH RIGHT BARCELONA!!!!

They can't beat Arsenal at Emirates Stadium. Which rightly makes Arsenal the undisputed Champions of the Universe. But wait......

Earlier in the year, Barca actually lost another away game, at the Estadio Anoeta to Real Sociedad.

There is only one way to determine who is the best team in the world....

Have a hologram match in which a hologram stadium is created, one half Emirates, one half Anoeta. The winner is world champion.

Only problem is the technology isn't there to create such a thing. Damn you technology!!!

I guess for now we can't really say anyone is the best team in the world. Besides Barca, I guess.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
its ok next time we will get messi sent off for no reason whatsoever when we under the gun to even it up a bit....

boxhead

First Grade
Tottenham>Arsenal

*boxhead likes this.*

Well I still think Casillas over his career is the best in the world and some would argue Van der Sar and Cesar are better, I guess with so many quality goalkeepers it comes down to opinion. Neuer and Lloris are fantastic though at the moment, and if Spurs managed to pull of signing Lloris I'd be jumping off of walls.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Next season.... arsenal > Champions league, Tiny Totts > Europa League

Lloris wont leave, he apparently gets really homesick, Signing Stekelenberg would be good though

CC_Eagle

First Grade
:lol: Yep bitter Arsenal fan.

Bitter about....? :?

I can't see Lloris leaving Lyon for anyone except a big Italian or Spanish team. He isn't the type of player to play in the EPL (the homesickness).

If De Gea is worth 20m, Lloris is worth 30+.

Stelkenberg would be a great buy for Arsenal. As would someone like Frey from Fiorentina.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
:lol: Yep bitter Arsenal fan.

How is it bitter just pointing out facts people said Tiny Totts > Gunners

Yet one is in europe's Biggest comp then other the 2nd tier version

maybe last year, but now lets just keep Woj and Fab... apparently Fab is Buffon like in training he just gets really nervous so if he can get that out if the way it would be brilliant

Bayern just Signed Neuer and Rafinha..... easy $25 going on Bayern for a Bundesliga/CL double next season

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How is it bitter just pointing out facts people said Tiny Totts > Gunners

Yet one is in europe's Biggest comp then other the 2nd tier version

maybe last year, but now lets just keep Woj and Fab... apparently Fab is Buffon like in training he just gets really nervous so if he can get that out if the way it would be brilliant

Bayern just Signed Neuer and Rafinha..... easy $25 going on Bayern for a Bundesliga/CL double next season

I've got another fact,

Spurs made it to the quarter finals in the champions league where as the Goon never made it that far, they got illuminated in the final 16.

You finished behind us in Europe this season, thats gotta hurt.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I've got another fact,

Spurs made it to the quarter finals in the champions league where as the Goon never made it that far, they got illuminated in the final 16.

You finished behind us in Europe this season, thats gotta hurt.

Have another go Twiz ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, he got a one year extensionfor next year

he's actually been good back up cuz we had so many injuries in our backline last season

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
yea we lost 3 - 4 to the best team in the world, the tottenham scoreboard attendant is still waiting for spurs to score.

Gallas is past it, he was past it at the gunners and is one of the reasons they playing europa next season. Sign Gary Cahill, Jan Vertonghen and one of Huntelaar or Llorente and you would have a good chance to get back as i fully expect Man Utd to struggle next season

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you've already forgotten the score when yo guys played us

Gallas may have been crap for you guys but he was good for us.

And btw, you haven't qualified yet, you may even be playing Europa too.

WireMan

Bench
yea we lost 3 - 4 to the best team in the world, the tottenham scoreboard attendant is still waiting for spurs to score.

Gallas is past it, he was past it at the gunners and is one of the reasons they playing europa next season. Sign Gary Cahill, Jan Vertonghen and one of Huntelaar or Llorente and you would have a good chance to get back as i fully expect Man Utd to struggle next season

Thats alright, everybody expected us to struggle last season also.

The end of an era take 6... :roll:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
cause everyone thinks the losses of ronaldo and tevez would kill you, they dont both mentioning the fact that van der sar has saved man utd many times... even the signing of de gea isn't near the standard of Edwin at the moment. and thats off watch prob 25+ Man Utd games this season...

Massive Chicharito fan wishing Vela would step up to that standard

Also that is made from the fact tm looking at your squad as of now, i cantpredict who man utd will buy which will obviously strengthen the squad.

and if the players basically didn't go on holiday after Ray Wilkins was sacked chelsea would most likely have won the title, also by struggle i dont mean liverpool type struggle, im talking more of a arsenal style struggle beat the big teams and then lose at home out of nowhere

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I guess you've already forgotten the score when yo guys played us

Gallas may have been crap for you guys but he was good for us.

And btw, you haven't qualified yet, you may even be playing Europa too.

yea i remember arsenal schooling Tottenham, then Shutting up shop to let them back in twice, a loss and draw resulted

and these are the teams to verse arsenal for a CL spot

Dynamo Kiev
Udinese
Twente
S.Liege
Panathinakos

all of which the gunners can blow away at home

Last edited:

Latest posts